"The Hunt" - NEW Volvo Treasure Hunt!!!!

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"The Hunt" - NEW Volvo Treasure Hunt!!!!

This is something that I got way too excited over while doing research and watching the History Channel...
According to the commercial, Volvo has just BURIED a brand new jet black XC90, complete with Pirates of the Caribbean decals, inside of a huge steel black shipping crate, also decked out with the Pirates decals, somewhere in the world!!? All you need to do to start on this hunt is go to the nearest Volvo dealer to receive a map and a "pirate code" to enter yourself into their website. From there it is just a matter of learning how to read the map and solving the puzzles. This is sweet! Anyway, here's the link for the site to check everything out and watch/download the trailer...
Have fun and HH to all the THer's!

The Hunt - Volvo website
http://thehunt.volvocars.net/us/thehunt

Bran <><

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: "The Hunt" - NEW Volvo Treasure Hunt!!!!

60 Feet... in Florida... lol
Yeah, I suppose I enjoy digging into water?!
I'm guessing you don't live 10 min's from the beach, huh?
Ha, ha...

Bran <><

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

godisnum1 said:
60 Feet... in Florida... lol
Yeah, I suppose I enjoy digging into water?!
I'm guessing you don't live 10 min's from the beach, huh?
Ha, ha...

Bran <><

10 minutes from the beach? You could go to any place in Florida and hit water after about a foot or two. I'm from New Orleans water table is less than a foot!

Mike

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I was being sarcastic... I've lived here my whole life and I'm definitely aware that you can hit water by barely digging into the ground. Unless the water your digging for is a natural spring. ;)

Bran <><

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

godisnum1 said:
I was being sarcastic... I've lived here my whole life and I'm definitely aware that you can hit water by barely digging into the ground. Unless the water your digging for is a natural spring. ;)

Bran <><

I know. So was I! ;D ;D

Mike

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

What is the map like? I need to go get one...but haven't had the time.

That clue leads me to believe it's on an island, near a lot of octopus's or something...

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

arkhunter said:
clue #4

four corners framed in all
thats blue
at tentacles' ends, do glue
both two

I think it means that it is somewhere within the four corners of the continental USA. Not sure about the Octopus reference.

Mike

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

gollum said:
arkhunter said:
clue #4

four corners framed in all
thats blue
at tentacles' ends, do glue
both two

I think it means that it is somewhere within the four corners of the continental USA. Not sure about the Octopus reference.

Mike

I am here also ...remember on the very first start of this contest ,....the card on the side with the octopus for a guys beard card.......does that have any thing to do with this at all?

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

KGC newbie seeker and I are working on this together and are waiting for the June 30th clue....
We are entering the second phase. All clues are emailed once you entered your code into the registration. I can send old clues ,if you want to catch up.
Hint ....You probally want to get your passport if you havent already.
Pirates of the Caribean is released on July 7th....Go see it as final destination and clues centers around this movie....

KGCnewbieseeker

Oct 29, 2005
FL

ummmm why do you say that? its prob in the caribbean get it pirates of the ...... any one have the answer to 8?

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

jasonbo said:
treasure is on a island off the coast of thailand
Do you work for Volvo? ;)

Are you one of the pirates that buried it?....Because I heard they were all run through with a sword and buried on top the chest!

abacopirate

Jan 18, 2006
Abaco, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
whites,excaliber,pulsestar2

No pirates were buried with the treasure, it's only covered by about 3 feet of dirt. But plenty of wenches around when they buried it.

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

How's everyone doing on the clues so far? Hope your not behind and trying to catch up, like myself. Heh! ;D If anything, this has been a fun challenge... ;)

Bran <><

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

KGCnewbieseeker and I are to the Isle of Culebra, waiting for the next emailed clue. So far between the two of us we have figured out the clues pretty fast. Its the waiting for the next clue thats is the killer. We really want someone from Treasurenet to be in the final 7.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions