The Land of Ophir and the Ancients Ones....

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I understand the 7 being used only for maps and correspondance. But I have found the number 5 on the edge of a large flat stone. It was only viewable through a hole I poked under a cap stone. Since silver is there, can I say the number 7 could also be used in that manner meaning gold? I also have a large number 2 on a mountain side, and normally ignore numbers on rocks. Any suggestions on how to handle large carvings of ancient script and numbers and letters when by them selves? I know to look for certain marks which would require a climb. I understand a 7 is used at a campsite, usually with a bench carving is how I find them. I also get confused as to tell if Im looking at a v or 7? Only when in a face or rock carving.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kanabite:
I like all of those large carvings in your photo in post #440 (above), but there's one thing that threw me off a little bit. On the right side wall of the canyon, toward the back, is the facial portrait of a man with a more modern, short haircut. He even has a East Indian type spot on his forehead that makes him look like an East Indian version of Johnny Cash. Kinda curious. :)

kanabite

May 27, 2006
southern utah
Detector(s) used
wander aimlessly in circles with camera in hand
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kanabite:
I like all of those large carvings in your photo in post #440 (above), but there's one thing that threw me off a little bit. On the right side wall of the canyon, toward the back, is the facial portrait of a man with a more modern, short haircut. He even has a East Indian type spot on his forehead that makes him look like an East Indian version of Johnny Cash. Kinda curious. :)

hmmmm , shortstack to tell you the truth I had to stop looking at that
picture . I was born about 100 years to late to do anything about it , other than take pictures .
treasure hunting is expressly forbidden in a national park . you can draw on it if you like . I think I even have a few more somewhere .

kanabite

May 27, 2006
southern utah
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and after all these years i finally read something hopeful that came out of the mouth of someone from the Smithsonian . :laughing7:
And while we’re at it, Dennis Stanford of the Smithsonian Institution still champions the idea that stone-point styles in North America and paleolithic Europe are just too similar not to raise the possibility that trans-Atlantic voyages may go back to the very dawn of modern human cultures in Europe and North America.

Did St. Brendan Reach North America 500 Years Before the Vikings? ? News Watch

of course i dont think they will ever address the OOPART 's list :icon_scratch:

and the there is this too http://www.faculty.ucr.edu/~legneref/romeo/possible.htm

Last edited:

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and after all these years i finally read something hopeful that came out of the mouth of someone from the Smithsonian . :laughing7:

Did St. Brendan Reach North America 500 Years Before the Vikings? ? News Watch

of course i dont think they will ever address the OOPART 's list :icon_scratch:

and the there is this too http://www.faculty.ucr.edu/~legneref/romeo/possible.htm

Or the link of copper from Michigan and the old world. Things such as the use of fire or the bow also is a slap in the face of known history. I could mention many more. This is why I like rocks. They don't rot or bury them selves into the ground.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really love large heads, especially with the feathers and big ears and all. This has to be older than the Jesuits. These large heads remind me of some stuff found down south America way. I have found a trail of large heads and can tell you they always point to another large head for me. These heads have been 20 miles apart or more. Haas anyone else found these heads?

Im told to stay out of them. Has anyone any experience entering these old temples?

I have a trail of elephants that lead to a area with a wolf and a man. Down below is a small cross you can only see when the sun is high. Does anyone have any ideas how to treat this cross, Im sure the cross is important to the site.

I will be out this week and will have some new pictures as this is the right time of year to photo. Before I go, please feel free to drop a few suggestions in my search. I dont dig, this is just gathering info right now. Does anyone have any drawings of how king Solomons mines were laid out. Thank you all in advance.

I left a lot out about the site here, I am wondering if a cross on rock is like a "x" on a map. I have a old site the spanish re used and it appears there were others. The cross is out of place. Another group was involved.

kanabite

May 27, 2006
southern utah
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Casca , if you would like to pm me a mailing address , i will send you a book on cd-rom .
its this book , if you are interested . http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/aztec-gold/134747-return-giantserpent.html
i was given several to pass on , by the author , a few years back. its a pay it forward thing , so all i need is a place to send it .
same goes for Dog if you guys don't have it . its not so much a treasure hunting book , but it is very handy , when ya get to the point you are asking the kind of questions that are in your last post .take care .///bob

OP
OP
rangler

rangler

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2004
The Land Of The Free Because Of The Brave!
Detector(s) used
for solutions to the jesuit code -email pics to: [email protected]

;[email protected] locations needed! oro bro!
Primary Interest:
Other
The Saga of Ancient Hebrew Explorers
Who Really Discovered America?
Did ancient Hebrews reach the shores of the North and South American continents thousands of years before Christopher Columbus? What evidence is there for Hebrew and Israelite occupation of the Western Hemisphere even a thousand years before the Messiah? Was trans-Atlantic commerce and travel fairly routine in the days of king Solomon of Israel? Read here the intriguing, fascinating saga of the TRUE DISCOVERERS OF AMERICA!
A stone in a dry creek bed in New Mexico, discovered by early settlers in the region, is one of the most amazing archaeological discoveries in the Western Hemisphere. It contains engraved on its flank the entire Ten Commandments written in ancient Hebrew script! Hebrew scholars, such as Cyrus Gordon of Brandeis University near Boston, have vouched for its authenticity. I visited the site of the huge boulder, near Las Lunas, New Mexico, in 1973 and photographed the Hebrew inscriptions. A local newspaper reporter guided me to the mysterious site, located out in the middle of the New Mexico desert. We watched for rattlesnakes, as we hiked in to the spot where the boulder lies, unmoved and in situ for who knows how many mysterious centuries. Who put it there? Who wrote the incredible inscription of the TEN COMMANDMENTS in an ancient Hebrew dialect.
In December, 1989, it was reported that an American explorer in Peru's highland jungles had found evidence that indicated king Solomon's legendary gold mines may have been in that region. The explorer, Gene Savoy, declared that he had found three stone tablets containing the first writing found from the ancient civilizations of the Andes. The inscriptions, he reported, are similar to Phoenician and Hebrew hieroglyphs!

loslunasstonewiththe10commandantswritteninAncientHebrew.gif

Reports the San Francisco Chronicle: "The hieroglyphs on the tablets are similar to those used in King Solomon's time and include one identical to the symbol that always appeared on the ships he sent to the legendary land of Ophir, which the Bible described as the source of his gold, Savoy said" (December 7, 1989).
Savoy is no newcomer to archaeological discoveries. He was the discoverer of the last Inca city of Vilcabamba in 1964. Savoy declared that the three tablets each weigh several tons and measure about 5 by 10 feet. They were found in a cave near Gran Vilaya, the immense ruins of the Chachapoyas Indian civilization which he discovered in 1985.
Hebrews in the Americas 1,000 B.C.?
In 1973 I visited with Dr. Joseph Mahan in Atlanta, Georgia, an expert in ancient Indian ethnology of the southeastern Indians of the United States. He showed me samples of pottery uncovered from the waters around the Bahamas, and told me of Indian legends, including that of the Yuchis, stating they had migrated to the area of Florida and Georgia from the region of the Bahamas. According to their legends, the island sank beneath the sea and they fled for their lives.
These same Yuchis later migrated to the Oklahoma territory, where they eventually settled down. Amazingly enough, they show strong evidence that they had contact with the Old World in historic times. They have a custom which is unique among the American Indians. They are racially and linguistically different from their neighbors. Every year on the fifteenth day of the sacred month of harvest, in the fall, they make a pilgrimmage. For eight days they live in "booths" with roofs open to the sky, covered with branches and leaves and foliage. During this festival, they dance around the sacred fire, and called upon the name of God.
The ancient Israelites had the virtually identical custom, in many respects. In the harvest season in the fall, on the 15th day of the sacred month of harvest (the seventh month), they celebrate the "festival of booths" for eight days. During this time they lived in temporary booths, covered with branches, leaves, fronds. This festival goes back to the time of Moses and the Exodus from ancient Egypt (Leviticus 23).
How is it that two totally separated peoples observed the identical custom?
Dr. Cyrus Gordon, of Brandeis University in Boston, was privileged to sit in on one of the fall harvest festivals of the Yuchi Indians, and listened to their chants, songs, and sacred ceremonies. An expert in Hebrew, Minoan, and many Middle Eastern languages, he was incredulous. As he listened, he exclaimed to his companion, "They are speaking the Hebrew names for God!"
Dr. Joe Mahan is a strong believer in cultural contacts between the Indians and the East, long before Columbus. He showed me a small tablet containing ancient cuneiform writing of the Babylonians. "This," he said, "was found not long ago by a woman digging in her flower bed, here in Georgia. The inscription appears to be genuine. There is no reason not to believe it is authentic."
Perplexing Mysteries
More and more, scholars are coming to admit that peoples from the Middle East reached the New World long before Columbus or the Vikings. One stone, found at Fort Benning, Georgia, has unusual markings all over it. I saw the stone myself, and took photographs of it. Professor Stanislav Segert, professor of Semitic languages at the University of Prague, has identified the markings on the stone as a script of the second millennium before the Messiah, from the Minoan civilization on the island of Crete!
In Quest of the White God, Pierre Honore points out similarities between the ancient Minoan writing and the script of the ancient Mayas. Independently of him, other scholars have noted striking similarities between Aztec glyphs from Mexico, and Cretan glyphs on the Phaistos Disc from the island of Crete in the Mediterranean.
In addition to these remarkable discoveries, Dr. Cyrus Gordon told me that Jews were in America in ancient times. The inscription on the stone, he asserts, is in the writing style of Canaan, the promised land of the Hebrews. Concludes Gordon, whom I interviewed at his old, New England style home in the suburbs of Boston: "There is no doubt that these findings, and others, reflect Bronze Age transatlantic communication between the Mediterranean and the New World around the middle of the second millennium B.C."
In 1968 Manfred Metcalf was looking for slabs to build a barbeque pit. Several strange-looking, flat rocks caught his eye; he picked up a large flat piece of sandstone about nine inches long, brushed it off, and noticed odd markings on it. Metcalf gave the stone to Dr. Joseph B. Mahan, Jr., Director of Education and Research at the nearby Columbus Museum of Arts and Crafts at Columbus, Georgia. Mahan sent a copy of the stone to Cyrus Gordon. Gordon reported:
"After studying the inscription, it was apparent to me that the affinities of the script were with the Aegean syllabary, whose two best known forms are Minoan Linear A, and Mycenaean Linear B. The double-axe in the lower left corner is of course reminiscent of Minoan civilization. The single verticle lines remind us of the vertical lines standing each for the numeral '1' in the Aegean syllabary; while the little circles stand for '100.'"
Concluded Gordon: "We therefore have American inscriptional contacts with the Aegean of the Bronze Age, near the south, west and north shores of the Gulf of Mexico. This can hardly be accidental; ancient Aegean writing near three different sectors of the Gulf reflects Bronze Age translatlantic communication between the Mediterranean and the New World around the middle of the second millennium B.C."
Gordon offers the exciting thought, "The Aegean analogues to Mayan writing, to the Aztec glyphs, and to the Metcalf Stone, inspire the hope that the deciphered scripts of the Mediterranean may provide keys for unlocking the forgotten systems of writing in the New World. A generation capable of landing men on the moon, may also be able to place pre-Columbian Americas within the framework of world history" (Manuscripts, summer of 1969).
Further proof that transatlantic travel and communication existed in the Bronze Age, in the middle of the second millennium B.C., during the time of David and Solomon, and before, comes to us from South America.
In 1872 a slave belonging of Joaquim Alves de Costa, found a broken stone tablet in the tropical rain forests of Brazil's Paraiba state. Baffled by the strange markings on the stone, Costa's son, who was a draftsman, made a copy of it and sent it to the Brazilian Emperor's Council of State. The stone came to the attention of Ladislau Netto, director of the national museum. He was convinced of the inscription's autthenticity and made a crude translation of it. Contemporary scholars scoffed. The very thought of Phoenicians reaching Brazil thousands of years before Columbus was viewed with disdain. Few scholars took the stone at all seriously.
In 1966 Dr. Jules Piccus, professor of romance languages at the University of Massachusetts, bought an old scrapbook at a rummage sale containing a letter written by Netto in 1874, which contained his translations of the markings on the stone and a tracing of the original copy he had received from Costa's son. Intrigued, Dr. Piccus brought the material to the attention of Cyrus H. Gordon. Dr. Gordon, the head of the Department of Mediterranean Studies at Brandeis and an expert in ancient Semitic languages, as well as author of some 13 books, was amazed. He compared the Paraiba inscription with the latest work on Phoenician writings. He discovered that it contained nuances and quirks of Phoenician style that could not have been known to a 19th century forger. The writings had to be genuine!
Gordon translated the inscription as follows: "We are Sidonian Canaanites from the city of the Mercantile King. We were cast up on this distant shore, a land of mountains. We sacrificed a youth to the celestial gods and goddesses in the nineteenth year of our mighty King Hiram and embarked from Ezion-geber into the Red Sea. We voyaged with ten ships and were at sea together for two years around Africa. Then we were separated by the hand of Baal and were no longer with our companions. So we have come here, twelve men and three women, into New Shore. Am I, the Admiral, a man who would flee? Nay! May the celestial gods and goddesses favor us well!"
The Navy of King Solomon
Cyrus Gordon believes the king mentioned in the script can be identified as Hiram III who reigned 553-533 B.C. The inscription seems to verify an unusual statement found in the Old Testament. An ancient Biblical chronicler wrote:
"And king Solomon made a navy of ships in Ezion-geber, which is beside Eloth, on the shore of the Red sea, in the land of Edom. And Hiram sent in the navy his servants, shipmen that had knowledge of

Last edited:
OP
OP
rangler

rangler

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2004
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Other
The Saga of Ancient Hebrew Explorers
Who Really Discovered America?
Did ancient Hebrews reach the shores of the North and South American continents thousands of years before Christopher Columbus? What evidence is there for Hebrew and Israelite occupation of the Western Hemisphere even a thousand years before the Messiah? Was trans-Atlantic commerce and travel fairly routine in the days of king Solomon of Israel? Read here the intriguing, fascinating saga of the TRUE DISCOVERERS OF AMERICA!
A stone in a dry creek bed in New Mexico, discovered by early settlers in the region, is one of the most amazing archaeological discoveries in the Western Hemisphere. It contains engraved on its flank the entire Ten Commandments written in ancient Hebrew script! Hebrew scholars, such as Cyrus Gordon of Brandeis University near Boston, have vouched for its authenticity. I visited the site of the huge boulder, near Las Lunas, New Mexico, in 1973 and photographed the Hebrew inscriptions. A local newspaper reporter guided me to the mysterious site, located out in the middle of the New Mexico desert. We watched for rattlesnakes, as we hiked in to the spot where the boulder lies, unmoved and in situ for who knows how many mysterious centuries. Who put it there? Who wrote the incredible inscription of the TEN COMMANDMENTS in an ancient Hebrew dialect.
In December, 1989, it was reported that an American explorer in Peru's highland jungles had found evidence that indicated king Solomon's legendary gold mines may have been in that region. The explorer, Gene Savoy, declared that he had found three stone tablets containing the first writing found from the ancient civilizations of the Andes. The inscriptions, he reported, are similar to Phoenician and Hebrew hieroglyphs!
Reports the San Francisco Chronicle: "The hieroglyphs on the tablets are similar to those used in King Solomon's time and include one identical to the symbol that always appeared on the ships he sent to the legendary land of Ophir, which the Bible described as the source of his gold, Savoy said" (December 7, 1989).
Savoy is no newcomer to archaeological discoveries. He was the discoverer of the last Inca city of Vilcabamba in 1964. Savoy declared that the three tablets each weigh several tons and measure about 5 by 10 feet. They were found in a cave near Gran Vilaya, the immense ruins of the Chachapoyas Indian civilization which he discovered in 1985.
Hebrews in the Americas 1,000 B.C.?
In 1973 I visited with Dr. Joseph Mahan in Atlanta, Georgia, an expert in ancient Indian ethnology of the southeastern Indians of the United States. He showed me samples of pottery uncovered from the waters around the Bahamas, and told me of Indian legends, including that of the Yuchis, stating they had migrated to the area of Florida and Georgia from the region of the Bahamas. According to their legends, the island sank beneath the sea and they fled for their lives.
These same Yuchis later migrated to the Oklahoma territory, where they eventually settled down. Amazingly enough, they show strong evidence that they had contact with the Old World in historic times. They have a custom which is unique among the American Indians. They are racially and linguistically different from their neighbors. Every year on the fifteenth day of the sacred month of harvest, in the fall, they make a pilgrimmage. For eight days they live in "booths" with roofs open to the sky, covered with branches and leaves and foliage. During this festival, they dance around the sacred fire, and called upon the name of God.
The ancient Israelites had the virtually identical custom, in many respects. In the harvest season in the fall, on the 15th day of the sacred month of harvest (the seventh month), they celebrate the "festival of booths" for eight days. During this time they lived in temporary booths, covered with branches, leaves, fronds. This festival goes back to the time of Moses and the Exodus from ancient Egypt (Leviticus 23).
How is it that two totally separated peoples observed the identical custom?
Dr. Cyrus Gordon, of Brandeis University in Boston, was privileged to sit in on one of the fall harvest festivals of the Yuchi Indians, and listened to their chants, songs, and sacred ceremonies. An expert in Hebrew, Minoan, and many Middle Eastern languages, he was incredulous. As he listened, he exclaimed to his companion, "They are speaking the Hebrew names for God!"
Dr. Joe Mahan is a strong believer in cultural contacts between the Indians and the East, long before Columbus. He showed me a small tablet containing ancient cuneiform writing of the Babylonians. "This," he said, "was found not long ago by a woman digging in her flower bed, here in Georgia. The inscription appears to be genuine. There is no reason not to believe it is authentic." here is the data that google found:http://www.badarchaeology.com/?page_id=421
Perplexing Mysteries
More and more, scholars are coming to admit that peoples from the Middle East reached the New World long before Columbus or the Vikings. One stone, found at Fort Benning, Georgia, has unusual markings all over it. I saw the stone myself, and took photographs of it. Professor Stanislav Segert, professor of Semitic languages at the University of Prague, has identified the markings on the stone as a script of the second millennium before the Messiah, from the Minoan civilization on the island of Crete!
In Quest of the White God, Pierre Honore points out similarities between the ancient Minoan writing and the script of the ancient Mayas. Independently of him, other scholars have noted striking similarities between Aztec glyphs from Mexico, and Cretan glyphs on the Phaistos Disc from the island of Crete in the Mediterranean.
In addition to these remarkable discoveries, Dr. Cyrus Gordon told me that Jews were in America in ancient times. The inscription on the stone, he asserts, is in the writing style of Canaan, the promised land of the Hebrews. Concludes Gordon, whom I interviewed at his old, New England style home in the suburbs of Boston: "There is no doubt that these findings, and others, reflect Bronze Age transatlantic communication between the Mediterranean and the New World around the middle of the second millennium B.C."
In 1968 Manfred Metcalf was looking for slabs to build a barbeque pit. Several strange-looking, flat rocks caught his eye; he picked up a large flat piece of sandstone about nine inches long, brushed it off, and noticed odd markings on it. Metcalf gave the stone to Dr. Joseph B. Mahan, Jr., Director of Education and Research at the nearby Columbus Museum of Arts and Crafts at Columbus, Georgia. Mahan sent a copy of the stone to Cyrus Gordon. Gordon reported:
"After studying the inscription, it was apparent to me that the affinities of the script were with the Aegean syllabary, whose two best known forms are Minoan Linear A, and Mycenaean Linear B. The double-axe in the lower left corner is of course reminiscent of Minoan civilization. The single verticle lines remind us of the vertical lines standing each for the numeral '1' in the Aegean syllabary; while the little circles stand for '100.'"
Concluded Gordon: "We therefore have American inscriptional contacts with the Aegean of the Bronze Age, near the south, west and north shores of the Gulf of Mexico. This can hardly be accidental; ancient Aegean writing near three different sectors of the Gulf reflects Bronze Age translatlantic communication between the Mediterranean and the New World around the middle of the second millennium B.C."
Gordon offers the exciting thought, "The Aegean analogues to Mayan writing, to the Aztec glyphs, and to the Metcalf Stone, inspire the hope that the deciphered scripts of the Mediterranean may provide keys for unlocking the forgotten systems of writing in the New World. A generation capable of landing men on the moon, may also be able to place pre-Columbian Americas within the framework of world history" (Manuscripts, summer of 1969).
Further proof that transatlantic travel and communication existed in the Bronze Age, in the middle of the second millennium B.C., during the time of David and Solomon, and before, comes to us from South America.
In 1872 a slave belonging of Joaquim Alves de Costa, found a broken stone tablet in the tropical rain forests of Brazil's Paraiba state. Baffled by the strange markings on the stone, Costa's son, who was a draftsman, made a copy of it and sent it to the Brazilian Emperor's Council of State. The stone came to the attention of Ladislau Netto, director of the national museum. He was convinced of the inscription's autthenticity and made a crude translation of it. Contemporary scholars scoffed. The very thought of Phoenicians reaching Brazil thousands of years before Columbus was viewed with disdain. Few scholars took the stone at all seriously.
In 1966 Dr. Jules Piccus, professor of romance languages at the University of Massachusetts, bought an old scrapbook at a rummage sale containing a letter written by Netto in 1874, which contained his translations of the markings on the stone and a tracing of the original copy he had received from Costa's son. Intrigued, Dr. Piccus brought the material to the attention of Cyrus H. Gordon. Dr. Gordon, the head of the Department of Mediterranean Studies at Brandeis and an expert in ancient Semitic languages, as well as author of some 13 books, was amazed. He compared the Paraiba inscription with the latest work on Phoenician writings. He discovered that it contained nuances and quirks of Phoenician style that could not have been known to a 19th century forger. The writings had to be genuine!
Gordon translated the inscription as follows: "We are Sidonian Canaanites from the city of the Mercantile King. We were cast up on this distant shore, a land of mountains. We sacrificed a youth to the celestial gods and goddesses in the nineteenth year of our mighty King Hiram and embarked from Ezion-geber into the Red Sea. We voyaged with ten ships and were at sea together for two years around Africa. Then we were separated by the hand of Baal and were no longer with our companions. So we have come here, twelve men and three women, into New Shore. Am I, the Admiral, a man who would flee? Nay! May the celestial gods and goddesses favor us well!"
The Navy of King Solomon
Cyrus Gordon believes the king mentioned in the script can be identified as Hiram III who reigned 553-533 B.C. The inscription seems to verify an unusual statement found in the Old Testament. An ancient Biblical chronicler wrote:
"And king Solomon made a navy of ships in Ezion-geber, which is beside Eloth, on the shore of the Red sea, in the land of Edom. And Hiram sent in the navy his servants, shipmen that had knowledge of Ophir.

Locating Ophir -- The Search for the
Biblical El Dorado!
This article endeavors to conclusively locate the land of Ophir -- the ancient Biblical "El Dorado."
Voyages to "Ophir", a place renowned as a source of large quantities of gold of the finest quality during Biblical times, began during the early days of the First millennium B.C. Even today, this yellowish lustrous metal, known chemically as AU, continues to retain its attraction as a unit of exchange and value. Countries, in their monetary systems, adopted the gold standard, specifying certain weights of gold to equal the value of their currency units.
Earlier, the ancient city of Ur (a prominent Sumerian city in Mesopotamia) dominated the trade in gold and remained an important marketing center in the region. Ur received its large supply of gold from an unknown location below South India -- a landmass considered the holy-land according to the beliefs of the Sumerians.
After the fall of Ur during early Biblical times, Lebanon emerged as a leading gold market in the region. Lebanon received its supply of gold from a location only known as "Ophir". Did Ur, too, receive its gold supply from Ophir? Where is this mysterious land of Ophir located?
Locating Ophir, well known for its abundance of gold during early Biblical times, remains a matter for speculation and continues to draw the attention of scholars, biblical scientists and laymen alike. "El Dorado" -- the fabled city in South America, supposedly rich in treasures, also attracts considerable interest. Unfortunately however, Ophir remains elusive and mysterious to all.
According to the Bible the ancient world went to great lengths to obtain gold, especially during the reign of King Solomon and into the reign of his successors and others in the Middle East. During the reign of Jehoshaphat, one hundred years after the death of King Solomon, frantic attempts were made to reach Ophir for gold -- but the efforts failed to succeed. Numerous lengthy negotiations took place between Jehoshaphat and Ahaziah, the King of Israel, to prepare for a journey to Ophir.
These negotiations failed and his ships were wrecked at Ezion Gebar, the seaport at the head of the Gulf of Aqaba. "King Jehoshaphat built great freighters to sail to Ophir for gold; but they never arrived, for they were wrecked at Ezion Gebar" (1 Kings 22:48). Those events testified to the fact that the region called Ophir lay far away from Israel, and the hazardous voyages involved intense preparations. In addition, the voyage demanded special expertise, technical and professional knowledge and training in navigation.
Bible scientists and historians have attempted to precisely locate the place, advancing fanciful speculations regarding its whereabouts. However, they failed to arrive at any conclusion regarding the exact location of Ophir. According to Biblical information Ezion Gebar, the seaport on the Red-Sea, served as the point of departure for ships that undertook persistent voyages in search of Ophir and its gold. However, up to this time, the location of Ophir has eluded most historians and scientists.
We are now about to embark on a voyage of discovery to finally put to rest the controversy regarding the location of Ophir.
Jews and Israel
For many people, humankind's history, before the coming of Christianity, was primarily the history of the Jews (more correctly, Judahites). The Judahites are the descendants of Abraham, who was born in Ur, one of the oldest Sumerian cities in the old kingdom of Mesopotamia. He left Ur to travel to Haran and finally migrated to Canaan, on the shores of the Dead Sea. The descendants of Abraham spoke a Semitic language called "Hebrew," and worshipped the Creator God YEHOVAH. The word Hebrew means "wanderers". The Bible emphasizes the history of Abraham's people from their time in Canaan. The history of the Judahites and other people is revealed in the pages of the Old Testament, the sacred writings of the Israelite people. Those documents provide interesting and valuable information about the gradual development of human civilization.
Jews (or Judahites) are descended from the ancient tribe of "Judah". The first one to use the name "Judahite" was Jeremiah, the writer of the book of Kings. The Judahites became a people without a king, a city and a Temple. The Persians invaded them in 587 BC, destroyed their first Temple built by King Solomon, and Nebuchadnezzar took the Judahites into captivity in Babylonia. This was considered the beginning of the Diaspora (Dispersion) of the Judahite people, and finally they lost everything in 70 A.D. when the Romans destroyed their Temple and city. They continued to maintain their religious and ethnic identity and their exclusivity. They managed to maintain their identity for more than 2,000 years through the power of YEHOVAH's Word the Bible.
King Solomon (970 BC - 931 BC)
In the first Book of Kings, which begins with the reign of King Solomon (970 BC - 931 BC -- date is to be confirmed), the reference to Ophir first appears. Solomon succeeded his father David (1003 BC - 970 BC). He was outstanding, both for his strengths and weaknesses.
Although there is scant evidence for King David's existence, he appears in the Bible as one of its greatest figures and a model king. He placed himself under the protection of Hiram, the Phoenician King of Sidon. This Phoenician alliance sustained him and is considered an essential element in the greatness of his son King Solomon.
Solomon decided to recast the religion of his people. He continued the alliance with Hiram, who used Solomon's kingdom on the coast of the Hebrew hill country as a means to reach and build shipping-lanes through the Red Sea. Normally Phoenician trading routes went to the Red Sea through Egypt, but during that period the country was in a state of disorder. Therefore, Hiram established a close relationship with both King David and, later, with his son King Solomon.
King Solomon informed Hiram that his father King David was unable to build a Temple to YEHOVAH God due to his bloody past. Solomon conveyed his intention to build a Temple to YEHOVAH, as instructed by the Creator God to his father King David. He appealed to Hiram to assist him with his project. Solomon asked Hiram to send his men to Lebanon to cut cedar timber for him. Hiram agreed to supply both cedar and cypress logs from Lebanon's mountains, convey them to the Mediterranean Sea and float them along the coast according to Solomon's needs.
Solomon laid the foundation for the Temple in May 966 B.C. during the fourth year of his reign, and completed the building in November 959 B.C. in the eleventh year of his reign. He also built his own palace that took thirteen years to complete. King Solomon leaves behind a great literary reputation, centering on "Wisdom." Ascribed to him are the biblical Proverbs, Ecclesiastics, the Song of Solomon and Psalms 72 and 127. When King Solomon died, the combined kingdom of Israel and Judah began to disintegrate. His son Rehoboam succeeded him (931 B.C. - 913 B.C.).
The Bible - 1 Kings
The following excerpts are found in the Bible regarding Ophir, the building of the Temple and the Palace:
"So Hiram gave Solomon cedar and cypress logs according to all his desire" (1 Kings 5:10).
"Also, the ships of Hiram, which brought gold from Ophir, brought great quantities of almug wood and precious stones from Ophir" (1 Kings 10:11).
"And the king made steps of almug wood for the house of the LORD and for the king's house, also harps and stringed instruments for singers. There never again came such almug wood, nor has the like been seen to this day" (1 Kings 10:12).
"King Solomon also built a fleet of ships at Ezion Geber, which is near Elath on the shore of the Red Sea, in the land of Edom" (1 Kings 9:26).
"Then Hiram sent his servants with the fleet, seamen who knew the sea, to work with the servants of Solomon. And they went to Ophir, and acquired four hundred and twenty talents of gold from there, and brought it to King Solomon" (1 Kings 9:27, 28).
"For the king had merchant ships at sea with the fleet of Hiram. Once every three years the merchant ships came bringing gold, silver, ivory, apes, and monkeys" (1 Kings 10:22).
Ophir
The gold, almug trees, gems, ivory, apes, spices, sandalwood and peacocks came to Israel from Ophir. The name of the place, spelt in the English translation of the Bible as Ophir, must have been the product of the translation in earlier years from Hebrew into Greek and later into Latin and English. This essentially contributed to the basic confusion in locating the place. The word "Ophir" is derived from the Greek word "Ophis," meaning a serpent, and some think the word for serpent in Hebrew is also the same. However, the Hebrew word for serpent is "Nachash" or "Saraph" (the Tamil word is Sarpam) and has no phonetic similarity to Ophir. It was the Hebrews and not the Greeks who called the place Ophir, and resorting to the Greek term "Ophis" to determine its location would be an error.
Many Bible scientists are confused over Ophir's location, and no one has confirmed the location with authority. Some have suggested the place to be in South-eastern Arabia, or the Ethiopian coast of the Red Sea. Another suggestion places Ophir in Mashonaland, the ruins of Zimbabwe, between the Zabezi and Limpo rivers. All these suggestions fall short when you realize that a single voyage to Ophir and back took nearly three years to accomplish.
Therefore, the location of Ophir ought to lie very far away -- several thousand nautical miles from the port of Ezion Gerber. Any ship that set-off from Ezion Gerber passed through the Arabian Sea and sailed into the Indian Ocean. Therefore, the location ought to be in the midst of the Indian Ocean.
It has also been suggested that Ophir was located in India, in the regions between the tributaries of the river Indus and China. In addition, some have identified the old seaport of Supara or Sopara, located 40 miles north of Bombay (Mumbai), with the elusive Ophir. The British archeologist Earnest Mackay, first to discover India's earliest civilization, believed that the inhabitants of the cities in the Indus valley sailed to Sumer and other countries in the Mediterranean regions. Thanks to archeological discoveries, the world's oldest seaport of Bombay (Mumbai) -- located in the eastern section of Lothal -- was found to be connected by a seven-meter wide canal from its shipyards to the Arabian Sea. It is a noteworthy fact that Lothal, a city founded 4,000 years ago far south in the Indus valley, is just as old as Mohenjo-Daro. A few Indian historians have made vain attempts to connect Ophir with Supra and Lothal.
The first excavations of the proto-Indian cities in Mohenjo-Daro revealed pictures of ships with masts, and this proved that large ships were available in those early times for long and protracted sea journeys by way of the Arabian Sea. While Ur seemed to be the key entry port into Mesopotamia between 2350 B.C. and 1700 B.C., archeologists found thousands of cylindrical seals in Mesopotamia that belonged to the period between 2300 B.C. and 2000B.C. Many of those cylindrical seals bore inscriptions in the Dravidian language -- the earliest form of Tamil written letters -- which confirms that sea trade to Ur existed from a Tamil area located BELOW the Indian sub-continent. According to available reports, Ur imported various commodities like gold, silver, copper, lapis, lazuli, carnelian, beads, exotic woods and inlay from a location far away from the old city of Mohenjo-Daro.
Dravidian Language -- Tamil
The identification of the sea trade routes with the West, during historical times, has been greatly facilitated by references in the remarkable Periplus of the Erythraen Sea of the First century A.D. When studying the Periplus, one may note that several places, cities and ports are recorded in the Dravidian language known as Tamil.
"A number of South Dravidian words, almost all of them geographic and dynasties names, occur in such Greco-Roman sources as Periplaus maris Erythrael (circumnavigation of the Erythraen sea) of 89 AD, and in the writing of Ptolemaeus of Naukratis of the 2nd century AD; it is probable that the Western language term for rice (compare Italian riso, Latin oryza, Greek oryza) and ginger (compare Italian zen zero, German ingwer, Greek zingiberis) are cultural loans from Old Tamil, in which they are arici and inciver, respectively." (The New Encyclopedia Britannica, Volume 4, 15th Edition, page 699).
Early Mesopotamians used Tamil words to name places during ancient times, such as "Ur" means settlement, town or community and there are many words with Ur in the root, such as "Uruk", "Nimrud", etc.
Furthermore, in the Hebrew Bible (1 Kings 10:22) ivory, apes, ahalim and peacocks arrived at the Israeli port. In the original Hebrew they are referred to as: Ivory -- shen; apes -- kapi; ahalim -- aghil, peacocks -- tuki. These four are Tamil words.
When reflecting on the need to adapt the Tamil words in the original Hebrew of the Bible, it becomes necessary to turn our attention to the word "Ophir." The Tamil word "Ovar" means, painters, artists, sculptors, engineering technicians, artisans, and skilled workers in the construction trade. The country of the Ovar was also called "Oviyar Nadu" -- the ancient land of Oviyar. Artisans, or skilled craftsmen, were called Ovar by the foreign sailors, and that was also the adapted name of the seaport in the northwestern coast of Ilanka (Lanka).
Now, it is appropriate to point out that the word "Ovar" was corrupted by foreign sailors due to the proclivity of their tongues, and came to be called Ophir -- the country of the Oviyar. This Oviyar land was mainly populated with the tribe of the Nagas, who lived in and around Mantai (Mathottam, the greatest emporium), a port city in the northwestern part of Lanka, as will be seen in the Cirupanarrupadai, one of the ten idylls of the old Tamil Academy (Sangam) period.
The Oviyar were a tribe of Nagas, inhabiting the sea coast of Lanka. According to the Cirupanarrupadai Aghil (incense) and sandalwood, being used to wash the bodies of damsels, shows that the place was a port and that those articles had dropped out of the ships (Cirupan, 11:161. 221).
The Nagas were of Tibeto-Burman origin, and by about 4000 B.C. they were driven by some political disturbances from Central Asia into India, through the northeastern frontier. The Nagas were a prominent non-Aryan race in India and their names are still preserved in various parts of India.
Ptolemy in his Geography, written in the middle of the 2nd century, named Mantai as Modouttou, which was the entry port for sea trade in the Indian Ocean. In addition, in the pre-historic days, it was a famous international emporium. The phonetic similarity between Ophir and Oviyar is certainly striking, and Ophir must have been borrowed in the same manner as the Hebrew words for ivory, apes, aghil and peacocks -- ibha, kapi, ahalim and tukeyium respectively, which are identical with their Tamil words -- ipam, kapi, aghil, and tokai. The Hebrew mariners, no doubt, borrowed the words from the Tamil inhabitants of the port area.
Sri Lanka, from the pre-historic period and from the days of Iramayanam (Ramayana), was known as "Ilanka" meaning the "resplendent land." But it also received several other names by different nationalities. The Arabs called Ilanka "Serendib", the Portuguese "Ceilao", the Sinhalese "Sinhala Dwipa", the Tamils used the original name of "Illam," "Elam," "Eelam," or "Eelanadu," and the Thas added the honorific Tewa, calling the land "Island of Tewa Lanka" (divine Ilanka), and the Greeks called it "Taprobane." Ptolemy thought that "Simondou" was the old name of Ilanka, but according to the Periplus Ilanka was then known as "Palaisimoundon" -- Paliya Seela Mandalam (old virtuous region). "Telmun," or "Dilmun," was the name given to it by the Sumerians of Ur. In 1972, the country's name was changed officially from Ceylon to Sri Lanka.
The ancient Hindu epic Iramayanam represents Ceylon (Ilanka) as a huge continent -- a tradition not unsupported by science. The description in the Iramayanam about Irama (Rama) crossing the peninsula and conquering Ilanka is a clear indication of Aryan (meaning outsiders) penetration into the south part of the Indian peninsula.
According to the Sri Lankan Buddhist chronologies, such as the Dipavamsa, Mahavamsa, Rajavaliya etc., Ilanka had been the abode of Asuras -- demons and Yakkhas (the devils). Ausras in Tamil means A+Sura. Sura means those who drink alcohol to excess, and Asura means the teetotaler. Buddhist chronicles refer to the Asuras and Yakkhas as the aboriginal people of the country -- the descendants of the devout Hindu and the descendants of Iravanan (Ravana), the Tamil King of Ilanka.
Earlier, the Aryan poet Valmiki -- a robber turned ascetic who wrote the Iramayanam in Sanskrit -- described the indomitable Tamil aborigines of Ilanka with contempt, calling them Rakshasas -- monsters, demons and cannibals. Rakshasas, according to popular Indian belief, are malignant beings, demons of many shapes, terrible and cruel, which disturb the sacrifices and the religious rites of the Brahmans. It appears that the poet of the Iramayanam, vociferous in his vitriol, applied the hated name of Rakshasas to an abhorred and hostile people.
The groups found in Dipawamsa, Mahavamsa and Rajavaliya are an expression of his hatred and horror rather than a very historical name for a sect of people. Pali and Sinhalese writers of the ancient Buddhists chronicles used these derogatory terms when referring to the descendants of the original inhabitants of the country -- the Tamils. In earlier days the Aryan ascetics, not necessarily Brahmans, served as pioneers and spies against non-Aryans -- the Dravidian -- whose forests they occupied without permission, thus being a major cause of the Aryan movement to the south.
However, it is clear that ancient writers from the Pali, Sanskiritic and Sinhala languages used scolding epithets such as Asuras, Rakshas and Yakshas.
The term Yakshas means Devils who can transmigrate and transform themselves to any shape or size, and was used to denote the Dravidian -- the Tamils -- who were the enemies of the Aryans, who for a long time resisted the progress of the pale-skinned race into the Indian sub-continent. The Tamils were were contemptuously called Asuras (teetotalers), Rakshas (Protectors of the Dravidian race and faith), Iyakkhas (the archers) and Yakkhas (devils in the Sinhala language) because of their physical strength, courage and valor, and super natural powers ascribed to them by the early Aryans. The Dravidians established a powerful kingdom in Ilanka and asserted their authority over the Dekkan plateau and other parts of South India.
Southward Movement
However, according to the historical evidences and judging from the southward movement of the Aryans (generally dated around 1100 B.C. to 900 B.C.), one has to conclude that the original Iramayanam must have been composed at least fifty or hundred years later. Therefore, it is historically correct to assume that the Irama-Iravanan war occurred in ancient Ilanka -- around the period of the Aryans' southward movement.
The Iramayanam depicts the southward movement of the Aryans in detail. However, the Iramayanam relates the story of the abduction of Sita -- the spouse of Irama -- by the South Ilanka king, Iravanan. When Iravanan was the ruler of southern Ilanka, the Naga tribe (who were "Ovar" or artisans of the highest order) ruled the northwestern portion of Ilanka. The "artisans" tribe originated from their chief Viswakarma, the divine architect. The five classes of artisans, namely Manu -- blacksmiths, Maya -- carpenters, Tuvashta Kannar -- brass founders, Silpa Sirpi -- masons, stone-cutters, sculptors, architects, image makers and painters, Visvanna -- goldsmiths, are said to have been born out of the five faces of Viswakarma.
Although, their country was known as Mathottam, and the capital called Mantai -- the port city -- the whole country was popularly known as "Ovar" or "Oviyar Nadu", meaning the land of the divine craftsmen. Ravana's spouse Mandotari was the daughter of the Mayan the king of this country. Several thousands of years ago a great Shiva devotee constructed a temple for Shiva in this region at Tirukethiswaram (Tashis) . The lord of the temple, was called, "Obanna."
The artisans of Oviyar Nadu also possessed the skill to build aircraft. King Iravanan used an aircraft (dirigible) called "Puspakavimanam," to abduct Sita, and that too was built by the craftsmen of Ovar. At the entry port of Ovar, the busiest one in the region, ships from various countries used to call for gold, silver, copper, exotic woods, pearls, spices, and other luxurious items grown, manufactured and mined in and around Ovar. Similarly, King Solomon's ships called at the seaport of Ovar, for exotic cargoes required for the building of YEHOVAH's Temple and Solomon's palace in Jerusalem.
In our effort to locate Ophir we need to confirm the availability of gold and silver in Ilanka.
The Phoenician History of Sanchoniathon is the earliest record available regarding the kingdom in north Ilanka. Sanchoniathon lived before the Trojan War. According to him, "Four kings governed the Island (Ilanka), all subordinate to a paramount sovereign, to whom they paid tributes, cassia, ivory, gems, and pearls, for the king has gold in abundance." Further more, Ptolemy in his great work entitled Geography of the World, complied in 150 A.D., writes as follow in Bk. Vii, Chap. IV, Sect. 1 --
"Opposite Cape Cory, which is in India, is the projecting point of the Island Taprobane, which was called formerly Simoundou and now Salike. The inhabitants are now called Salai. Their heads are quite encircled with luxuriant locks, like those of women. The country produces rice, honey, ginger, beryl, and hyacinth and has mines of every sort of gold, silver and other metals. It breeds at the same time elephants and tigers."
The above two descriptions should clarify the availability of gold and silver in Lanka (Ilanka), during those days. Ptolemy went a step further to testify that gold and silver were mined in Ilanka.
Even Pliny the Elder in his Natural History, while referring to Taprobane, writes:
"Megasthenes says that Taprobane is divided by a river and that the natives are called Aborigines (Palegoni -- born long ago) and produce more gold and larger pearls than the Indians."
Megasthenes was an envoy of Seleucus Nicator, founder of the Syrian monarchy. Megasthenes wrote his work on India (Indika) as a result of his experience while being ambassador to the king of Prasii.
Voyage for Gold
Available historical information reveals that only once did King Solomon and King Hiram's sailors jointly sail successfully to Ophir. This voyage for gold must have happened during or just after lifetime of Iravanan. According to the historical information, a great part of Ilanka was submerged under the sea following Iravanan's failures in the war with Irama. Rajavaliya describes the aftermath of the war as follows:
"Be it known that, by his (Iravanan's) wickedness, his fortress, 25 palaces and 400,000 streets were overwhelmed by sea."
This deluge took place in the southern and northwestern part of Ilanka.
Subsequently during the Second Century B.C., and again according to Rajavaliya, 100,000 seaport towns, 970 fishers' villages, 470 villages of pearl-fishers, making altogether a large portion of Ilanka, was submerged by the sea when Kelanitissa was the King of south Ilanka. According to Eratosthenes the dimension of the island was 804 miles in length and 575 miles in breadth in the 2nd century B.C. Llanka today, however, is only one-twelfth the size of the Ilanka of ancient days -- minus the gold prospecting region of Ophir. The actual measurements of the present island of Sri Lanka are 271 X 137 miles.
After the death of Solomon and Hiram, no other successful expedition to Ophir took place. Unfortunately, King Hiram and his own talented sailors were the only group of mariners who were able to locate Ophir in the north-west of Ilanka. After their passing, and when the Biblical Ophir disappeared beneath the sea, firstly after the Iravanan debacle and later during the reign of Kelanitissa, people continued to speculate about, and tried to locate, the land that was no more.
Subsequently, during the few centuries before the Buddhists and Christian eras, the sea trade along the coast of Ilanka and in the Indian Ocean remained in the hands of the Arabs, who jealously guarded their routes against encroachment by other nations. They disseminated fabulous and blood curdling stories of the dangers of navigation to frighten away would-be discoverers.
The monopoly of the Arabs in the Indian Ocean was shattered in the latter part of fifteen century AD. After Vasco da Gama discovered India in 1498 European colonialists set their sails to conquer the countries of Asia. The Baobab trees that are a notable feature in the landscape of the Gulf of Mannar and the present Mathottam areas, testify to the Arab's ancient settlements during those periods.
In conclusion, it is appropriate to underscore the fact that the exact location of Ophir was in the north-west of Sri Lanka, the place called Mathottam. This area disappeared from the map of the world due to seawater flooding twice and now, with its various cities and villages, lies beneath the Indian Ocean.
Based on the above true location of Ophir the world should put to rest any further search for its location but, however, should consider initiating geological surveys for gold and other precious metals in and around and off the coast of the north-west region of Sri Lanka.

indianoceanarea.jpg
-- Edited By John D. Keyser.
Hope of Israel Ministries -- Taking the Lead in the Search for Truth!
Hope of Israel Ministries
P.O. Box 2186
Temple City, CA 91780, U.S.A.
www.hope-of-israel.org
squarebarcode.png
Scan with your
Smartphone for
more information

Last edited:
OP
OP
rangler

rangler

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2004
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Other
if the Salient point of the trip takes 3 years, it was thought at first it must be a long journey to the other side of the world, but Sri lanka as the likely place then logic states that the 3 year time period for the journey now shifts to the time it took to mine and smelt the ore to gold bars...and Sri Lanka also has other items on the manifest~!!
so so far so good..it ALSO leaves the theory the Land of Ophir might be CODE word for "where we get the gold, and as any miner knows, gold mines play out and new ones have to be prospected for and found...l still think that "Ophir" moved over the world as time moved on...we SHALL see as the search goes on for Ophir,
oro, apes and Amung wood for you
rangler

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Madoc - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia(scroll down to [h=2]Welsh Indians)[/h] you never hear much about this reference. I think the same story of exploration for gold has been played out over and over again. In the end it all ends back up in the sea, to start the whole process all over again. I dont think the Indians had much use for gold or copper. But seems some older cultures would bury their dead in mounds with gold.

Ophir in Genesis 10 (the Table of Nations) is said to be the name of one of the sons of Joktan.[SUP][Note 1][/SUP] The Books of Kings and Chronicles tell of a joint expedition to Ophir by King Solomon and the Tyrian king Hiram I from Eziongeber, a port on the Red Sea, that brought back large amounts of gold, precious stones and 'algum wood' and of a later failed expedition by king Jehoshaphat of Judah.[SUP][Note 2][/SUP] The famous 'gold of Ophir' is referenced in several other books of the Hebrew Bible.[SUP][Note 3]

Ophir - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Rangler may be on to something. I note the welsh because of the language left behind on cave walls. [/SUP]

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
Casca: These heads have been 20 miles apart or more. Haas anyone else found these heads?

On a river out west I saw a series of large heads about 10-20 miles apart going about 100 miles or so. No other apparent signs.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Casca: These heads have been 20 miles apart or more. Haas anyone else found these heads?

On a river out west I saw a series of large heads about 10-20 miles apart going about 100 miles or so. No other apparent signs.

No one seems to pay attention to the heads. Most try to read a sign in them. I have not inspected up close yet. But will say the areas directly belows these large heads are very interesting. I can get a better measurement for you and a azmuth to see if it holds any majik numbers. These heads are not equal in elevation, it seems being seen is more important. I find a lot of markers at the same elevation across a wide area. I plan to walk the trails between the heads this summer. I have found faces or anglo heads mean death. If you get the long nose or indian heads you got a legit trail. I am talking about large mayan heads here now.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Casca , if you would like to pm me a mailing address , i will send you a book on cd-rom .
its this book , if you are interested . http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/aztec-gold/134747-return-giantserpent.html
i was given several to pass on , by the author , a few years back. its a pay it forward thing , so all i need is a place to send it .
same goes for Dog if you guys don't have it . its not so much a treasure hunting book , but it is very handy , when ya get to the point you are asking the kind of questions that are in your last post .take care .///bob
Thank you for sharing. I would like ot see more about the info you sent. Many questions were answered. Again, Thank You.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread