Do you speak Rumanian ? Because I do .

Last edited:

Maverick1

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
Phx AZ
Primary Interest:
Other
Ha, not fluently, just like many other languages I came across in my travels. Been allover. And of course you pick up the "funny"words,..first.

Re malaka, is (as you know) mostly a term of endearment between friends, My best buddy and guide Costas, used to call me that every time,
and I would return the favor, prompto. (fun between buddies) as you all Greeks Know about, and no offense is ever taken.

Yassou

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just another "face" along an old trail I've been tracing out there..... with holes where the eyes would be.
I like this one as well.

100_1098  face and sealed opening.jpg

.....and one of my current favorites....

DSCF1384 medicine man.jpg

I might try to pull some molds from the two above, somewhere down the road, but I'd have to do it in sections without damaging the originals.
The bottom one is life size, the middle one about 2'x3' and reminds me of "the magician of Ridge Ruin"

Cocopah Beads and Books: Tomb of an Unknown Magician: The Ridge House Ruin

Effort to return Hopi artifacts stirs questions
....scroll down for the info....

Regards:SH.

Last edited:

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I call them the Gargoyles

gargoyle !.jpg

Poor Woody....and a few others I know.....
would need a fresh pair of undies.

Last edited:

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upper left of same photo ( post 22 ), but not as spooky.
A side view....

100_1098 east face.jpg

Last edited:

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:
OP
OP
Gary_Herndon

Gary_Herndon

Oct 5, 2017
Elizabethtown, NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry Gents and Ladies,

that I haven't been on lately, March 8th of this year my father passed away and the family has been dealing with the loss and estate settling. Then 1 Hurricane and a Tropical Depression hit Charlotte NC back to back. ^The Family farm on the Eastern side of NC was basically destroyed, lost a mess load of livestock, 200 plus yr old barn and Farm House. And now suffering from a possible Hernia for surgery... I've been hit with the Curse of the LDM as it seems since I know its exact location ... Not too fear I will be out in Arizona at some point in 2019. I'll be damned if superstition is going to get the best of this old man yet lol. Searching for a decent place to call home in Phoenix area is like finding a hay stack in California... It just ain't happening for me . Guess I'll just pop up a tent in the country side ... If Wayne, Frank or Woodie has a spare bedroom I can pay half on rent and cook!! I'd just like a safe place to rest my head after driving across country.

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Sorry Gents and Ladies,

that I haven't been on lately, March 8th of this year my father passed away and the family has been dealing with the loss and estate settling. Then 1 Hurricane and a Tropical Depression hit Charlotte NC back to back. ^The Family farm on the Eastern side of NC was basically destroyed, lost a mess load of livestock, 200 plus yr old barn and Farm House. And now suffering from a possible Hernia for surgery... I've been hit with the Curse of the LDM as it seems since I know its exact location ... Not too fear I will be out in Arizona at some point in 2019. I'll be damned if superstition is going to get the best of this old man yet lol. Searching for a decent place to call home in Phoenix area is like finding a hay stack in California... It just ain't happening for me . Guess I'll just pop up a tent in the country side ... If Wayne, Frank or Woodie has a spare bedroom I can pay half on rent and cook!! I'd just like a safe place to rest my head after driving across country.

There is long term camping at Quartzsite, something like $200 for six months. It is a bit far from the Superstitions but you can find a place to camp closer with no services.

Don't take it personally that we are so skeptical about anyone claiming they found the LDM, it is because over 200 different people have all claimed to have found it in over 200 different places, and yet no one seems to have the gold that will settle the case. So if you have found it, I hope you are planning to get photos of the gold vein in place, and samples to have tested, because it is going to take some hard evidence to prove it.

Sorry for your loss and the hard times, hope your luck (and life) will soon take a turn for the better.

:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2: :coffee2:

Holyground

May 17, 2014
Not in the can
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT GOLD, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The biggest hinderance to finding the Lost Dutchman Mine is the Stone Maps. Trying to find anything on the ground using Google Earth that supposedly resembles anything on the Stone Maps is pure folly. Ole Jake's secret is still safe, just the way he always wanted it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread