The legend

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Has anybody actually tried and used a Nokia Macro Legend? I feel this is an all out hype campaign to try to pre sell these with out any actual reviews. Nokta is always the detectors that clearly beat the Equinox. So far they haven’t come close. Please post if you actually order one and try it out. Plus would really like to see there actual specifications.

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Legend has not shipped to anyone yet, it's supposed to be shipping out mid-December but with the shipping container issues lately who knows when they will actually be in the hands of users/reviewers. Maybe Terry Solomon knows. What are you talking about by "a hype campaign"? Are companies not allowed to hype up their newest product? I guess no one saw the Equinox 800 coming huh? Some of the specs are already out there floating around, just do a Google search for Nokta Legend specs and you should have them. Also, have you ever seen a review of a detector before it was released? What do you mean by this "Nokta is always the detectors that clearly beat the Equinox. So far they haven’t come close". You are contradicting yourself here, so I'm not sure what you are saying. I for one will not be picking up this detector anytime soon. I'm loving my Racer 2 and my Multi Kruzer still doesn't leak so I don't need another underwater machine. I think the new features are nice, like the ferro check and the ability to save 4 separate presets. Also the carbon fiber lower shaft is great. One came standard on my Makro Kruzer and there is no flex to it. The clock is a nice addition, it's not huge, but something that someone asked for and they just added it in, and just in the past few days changed the warranty from 2 to 3 years because someone asked them to! Have you ever heard of any company doing that? There is a Facebook group dedicated to the Legend and it's features. You may want to look into it to see what others are saying. You'll find that Dilek from Nokta/Makro is present on that forum and answering questions.

DannyB1954

Nov 29, 2015
Pahrump, Nv.
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, DFX, V3i. TDI SL
Fischer F-75, F-19, CZ7a Pro.
Garrett Infinium, ATX
Nokta AU Gold, Racer, Simplex, legend
Minelab Explorer SE
Tesoro Lobo ST, Tejon, Compadre
Teknetics Omega 8500
XP ORX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I heard Nokta lifted their non disclosure agreements with those that were testing, so we may see more videos soon.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lighten up a bit guys,it,s new,with supposedly new features and every one wants to know just how good it is,or isn,t. Have a little patience,It,ll be out there soon enough.

OP
OP
M

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Still waiting for good info. The testers aren’t really showing it going out to the fields and parks. Plus they all say they’re not giving settings because it’s only a prototype model. So they are selling units but don’t have a finished product? I have my doubts on this, but if it does in fact out do the Equinox I will give it credit

Bottlecapbill

Feb 4, 2014
Sault St. Marie , Ontario Canada
Detector(s) used
AT PRO International, Blisstool V3, Makro Multi Kruzer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still waiting for good info. The testers aren’t really showing it going out to the fields and parks. Plus they all say they’re not giving settings because it’s only a prototype model. So they are selling units but don’t have a finished product? I have my doubts on this, but if it does in fact out do the Equinox I will give it credit
It's called beta testing. They aren't selling anything, they're showing you real world testing on prototype machines. The testing peopel were begging to see so they allowed it. So far they've been performing quite well. I saw one beat the NOX with the nail test on youtube. Not slightly beat, totally beat. It was modern nails, but still. Depth tests all seem bang on. My Kruzer has kept up to every machine around here, even the Deus and Nox. It's not as fast in heavy iron and has a few less settings but it's a tank and keeps up to either machine on depth easily. For a lot less money. Build quality is far better, waterproof dependability is way better. No new shaft of coil strengtheners needed. If the legend is as good as my Kruzer with new enhanced performance for half the price of the Deus II, it'll sell. Hell I may even buy one.

OP
OP
M

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So far I haven’t seen anyone using it in the field. Really skeptical because everyone is claiming that they have to abide by the non disclosure agreement

Tahts-a-dats-ago

Apr 30, 2014
NJ
Detector(s) used
Legend,
Anfibio multi,
Apex,
ORX,
Deus,
Vanquish 440
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So far I haven’t seen anyone using it in the field. Really skeptical because everyone is claiming that they have to abide by the non disclosure agreement

There is a Youtube video of a tester in Germany using the Legend in a field.

OP
OP
M

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
All the hype and still nothing yet. Beware. Wait until this actually comes out and is reviewed by actual detectorist

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
All the hype and still nothing yet. Beware. Wait until this actually comes out and is reviewed by actual detectorist
I think we will probably see something about it towards the end of the month but really not sure,
its like Nokta/Macro shut there testers down from saying anything further because of all the skepticism, they havent put up any updates as to when either, i just want it to be rite when we get them in our hands so I sit and wait like everyone else its all we can do at this point, I have no intention of jumping ship, the legend will probably get in our hands about the same time as the DEUS 2, just me guessing though the weight for those two detectors is riling everyone it seems and I do not know why, look at the Equinox it was four months after they announced it coming before anyone other than testers received them so it is what it is, all we can be is patient and I know patience is hard for everyone and a lot look at it as patience is what killed the cat, it is not like any of us that are waiting for a LEGEND could cancel our pre orders and switch it to a DEUS 2 we would all still have to wait.

Lets just hope Nokta /Macro does not spring something on us like XP just did where the US will only see a few in the first shipments at this point

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Uhh, Curiosity killed the cat, satisfaction brought him back. Patience was never factored in to that cat's life, death and eventual return from the dead.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread