THE LETTER OF COLUMBUS TO LUIS DE SANT ANGEL ANNOUNCING HIS DICOVERY

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tale that may be fact or fiction, a questionable story and questionable answers we need to look at. We need to check every details of it.

As for the refining thing, when exactly was refining became known in the US? What year? and who started it first?

Base on google..

In nature, gold nuggets are not pure gold. They are a combination of minerals, known as ore. The metal can be removed from the ore in a process known as smelting, in which the minerals are separated by melting point. Smelt gold is more pure than the original ore product, but can still contain impurities such as sliver, copper and platinum. A second refinement can be done by dissolving the smelt gold in a combination of acids; a method known as aqua regia refinement. The result is gold that is 99.95 percent pure.

What if they just smelt it? Did they just went there and pick up gold nuggets? Or did the crush rocks and process it?

You are "years" behind in all of this thorough research that has already been conducted time and time again. Per example, the author's use of the word "authentic" is in NO WAY declaring the story to be true, which is exactly why he used the word "authentic" VS true. All the author is claiming is that his tale is an "authentic work", it is in NO WAY declaring the tale to be true. John Sherman, that author, penned many short stories in his lifetime, was also an editor who fully understood all of the legalities and angles. as for your "simple google search of gold refining".......you need to be "a lot" more specific in your research, including the period in question, the region in which the gold was allegedly mined, etc.,, etc. "It is not a questionable story." Just as your suggestion that the party wanted to remain anonymous when it was already headed by a man who the author describes as being "universally known". "Universally known" is a looooong way from being "anonymous." Like so many before you, you're just trying to spin reality out of fiction, which is why no actual supporting evidences exist in your theory. When you continue to change the narrative you are actually concluding that those portions of the tale are, in fact, untrue. And thus far you've already concluded a great portion of the tale is untrue. What does this tell you about the nature of the tale? :laughing7:

OP
OP
J

jhonnz41

May 4, 2020
Philippines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And speaking of "anonymous".......thirty "American Men" showing up in Santa Fe in 1817/1821 isn't how they stay "anonymous."

As for the anonymous thing, they went to Santa Fe to hunt for buffaloes right? It was not their intention to look for Gold. I wonder if they are together in a very large noticeable group. What if they just use a few men, to go to the town to buy things they needed? Does it take 30 men to carry sacks of flour or corn with them?

Lynchburg, January 4th, 1822.
"Early in March some of the party, to vary the monotony of their lives, determined upon a short excursion, for the purpose of hunting and examining the country around us." -Why some and not all?

It seems to me that in some occasion they have split the group and possibly assigned a different task to each. Anyway, we could never tell. :dontknow:

:laughing7:We cant just say that
1 is a captain, 9 of them are hunters, 5 are surveyors, 5 are cook, 7 are helpers and the remaining 3 are freeloaders.:laughing7:

But yes, we really need a proof.

OP
OP
J

jhonnz41

May 4, 2020
Philippines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe AUTHENTIC STATEMENTS in reference to the story as told by Mr. Morriss, not necessarily from Thomas J. Beale himself.
But yes, the word "authentic" is in NO WAY declaring the story to be true. Mr. Morriss is simply giving all the information he have about Thomas J. Beale.

His character soon became universally known, and he was no longer troubled by impertinence. -did he mean name when he said character?

Also please note that I have questions too. I am not saying that I am very sure or correct about these key or the solution that I showed you. I came here to ask for help, to ask data about James Jopling and more information about the Key. I am not here for a debate I am just telling what I think. :thumbsup:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Free White Person; NOT a slave. Born in Amherst, Va. & died in Bedford, Va. "Google" name. :coffee2:

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jhonnz41

May 4, 2020
Philippines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I need data about these. Can help me please?
I am not here for a debate. I just need answers.

1. James Jopling
2. Johnson-Dooley farm previous owners.
3. Mines North of Bedford?(maybe it was meant as blue ridge)
4. People from Bedford who joined the 1812 War.
5. Who is a John that is Noble in Bedford?(John Otey?)
6. The Twin Oaks
7. Elizabeth Wood Smith
8. First Voyage key - who, when and how it made its way to US(after Edinburgh Review 1816?)
9. Why Paschal removed a rock from Peaks of Otter?
10. Who are the young men who removed the stone from sharp top?
11. Wood's as first settlers (Why Indians let them lived there?)
12. Castleton Johnson

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
2. Thomas Beale- no "j"
Pascal Buford- Ward's wife was related as an Otey
James Beverly Risque- James Beverly Ward's grandfather

*NOTE* Clayton Hart of THE HART PAPERS was married to an Otey, and it was an Otey that George Hart took Pauline Innis who showed her an iron box with a torn slip of numbers covered paper.

Last edited:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe AUTHENTIC STATEMENTS in reference to the story as told by Mr. Morriss, not necessarily from Thomas J. Beale himself.
But yes, the word "authentic" is in NO WAY declaring the story to be true. Mr. Morriss is simply giving all the information he have about Thomas J. Beale.

His character soon became universally known, and he was no longer troubled by impertinence. -did he mean name when he said character?

Also please note that I have questions too. I am not saying that I am very sure or correct about these key or the solution that I showed you. I came here to ask for help, to ask data about James Jopling and more information about the Key. I am not here for a debate I am just telling what I think. :thumbsup:

Good luck! You have a very long and insightful road ahead of you. Was just trying to spare you having to make a great deal of that trip.

OP
OP
J

jhonnz41

May 4, 2020
Philippines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you bigscoop, I still need to have more data and supporting documents though. I am still thinking about the local rowdies removing a stone from the Sharp top for fun. There is too many coincidences and angles that I should look at.

OP
OP
J

jhonnz41

May 4, 2020
Philippines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also, why do you think that a boulder from the peaks of otter was moved at the Locust Level? why was another sent to the Washington Monument? Why some became a tombstone for the Buford family?

stone1812.png

I wonder why.
Could he be one of the Beale party? Could it be the reason why they voted Bedford as the safest place to hide the treasure so these men(Locals?) could protect it?

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Also, why do you think that a boulder from the peaks of otter was moved at the Locust Level? why was another sent to the Washington Monument? Why some became a tombstone for the Buford family?

View attachment 1904050

I wonder why.
Could he be one of the Beale party? Could it be the reason why they voted Bedford as the safest place to hide the treasure so these men(Locals?) could protect it?
Heh...

Rebel-KGC

Jul 19, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beale Brewery in Bedford, Va. will soon have a BEE ALE PARTY!

Rebel-KGC

Jul 19, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe you have acquired a Rebel-KGC Doppleganger.
YEP, nasty thunder-storm here; wrecked 'puter briefly... wife had to get me back "on"; it was a Magical Mystery Tour.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread