The Lordsburg Door or Gate

Homesteader

Apr 18, 2003
Silver City, NM USA
Detector(s) used
Goldbug2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty far out there, but does anyone have any info on this. According to some blog posts I found ...

"The Lordsburg Door, also called the Lordsburg Gate, is said by locals to be a sort of vortex, a naturally occurring portal that bridges time and the dimensions of space—a hidden gateway in the desert outside of town."

Possibly located between Lordsburg and Silver City, NM on Hwy 90 up Gold Gulch or in the Gold Hill area to the right of Separ road.

Also supposed to be some glyphs there showing an Egyptian Ankh and other marking that don't really look Native American. Talked to a feller who showed me an old copper sheet that had some similar symbols and was supposedly found there.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Until a member pipes in - ya might consider browsing Sub-Forums: New Mexico...

johnnycat

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2007
Mechanicsville, VA
Detector(s) used
Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know, my recently deceased brother, (he was born in Deming) mentioned that once but, we never really talked about it.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old post. I didnt want to start a new thread. Can not find much about it. Anyone have something to add. All I could find was mm17 on us 90.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Me thinks you've been watching one-too-many episodes of American Unearthed.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
What's American Unearthed?

It's a TV show where some dude travels around the USA, to profile various supposed pre-columbus European spots, bigfoot, pirate treasures, templars, giants who once roamed the land, etc.... A quick look at google, following any episode, usually puts all the salacious details to rest.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
found story about it interesting

What's American Unearthed?

At first thought I was hearing another treasure story. But older guy presented a story that do far can't be verified. I may take a trip just for my own curiosity.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread