The Money Hunt Reward $1,000,000

Scottrocks

Greenie
Mar 22, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In October 2005 I was in an antique mall when I saw a board game that sparked my interest.

The name of the game was "The Money Hunt Reward $1,000,000"

I opened the box and looked through it but did not buy it that day. About a decade ago I ordered the game on E-bay. I have played around with it off and on since then.

The game was released in 1985. You first had to put a puzzle together to get some clues. Then you had to go through a puzzle book to solve puzzles. Once all of the puzzles were solved you used a map to find the final location.
You then sent the answer into a committee. If you were the first to correctly ID the final location you would receive $1,000,000 real dollars paid out $50,000.00 a year for 20 years. The game was supposed to end in 1988.

I have found very little information on this game. As best as I can gather from what little I have deciphered of the clues the final location is in New Brunswick.

I know that one mother of a lawsuit originated over a contact dispute involving this game in British Columbia.

I have e-mailed the successor of the accounting firm that supposedly had the correct solution for the game on multiple occasions. I have heard nothing from them.

Any information anyone has on this game would be greatly appreciated. I would imagine the game is long over. Even so, the curiosity this sparked in me still pushes me to find answers.

One final note my search for information on this game is what lead me to discover "The Secret a Treasure Hunt". I have detailed posts on this in the general discussion section.

OP
OP
S

Scottrocks

Greenie
Mar 22, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks.

I remember the trademarks were never renewed. It appears something went very wrong involving the people that were administrating the game.

OP
OP
S

Scottrocks

Greenie
Mar 22, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I figured the game was long over by the time I found the copy in the antique store in 2005. What I am interested in is if the solution was ever made public and if a winner was ever declared. Present day Delloite and Touche accounting firm were the ones that administered the game. They had a different name back then.
On two separate occasions I sent Delloite and Touche an e-mail asking about the game and heard nothing.
Does anyone know anything.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread