The new Nokta Impact.

JASONSPAZ1

Oct 21, 2010
MA
Detector(s) used
I have had them all but currently use a Makro Multi Kruzer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Attachments

• 1448-impact_1f.jpg
    1448-impact_1f.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 1,010
  • ForumRunner_20150222_062741.png
    ForumRunner_20150222_062741.png
    78.3 KB · Views: 783

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Somewhat better specs than its sister unit and cheaper cost, what would be controversial about that? Consumers should be the winner in that type of situation.

OP
OP
JASONSPAZ1

JASONSPAZ1

Oct 21, 2010
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree its a win for customers. But I figure some dealers won't be happy. I have no horse in the race, just making an observation that kellyco is the only place that it can be purchased from and some dealers may be po'd and a few customers who refuse to purchase from klyco. Personally I will get the impact if it field tests better but I can't imagine dealers will be happy over customers canceling racer pre orders.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure why Kellyco would be at fault, Nokta and Marko are owned by 2 brothers and have merged into one family business, like Chevrolet and GMC. Kellyco doesn't set the prices, the manufacturer does....

sparky661

Jun 1, 2012
Oswego NY
Detector(s) used
ETRAC ,T2 SE , Garret Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Is it just me? I can not find this detector on the Kellyco web site or Nokta???

OP
OP
JASONSPAZ1

JASONSPAZ1

Oct 21, 2010
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok imagine you pre ordered the racer which is only available at only a handful of Makro dealers. Then right before launch Nokta which can only be purchased at kellyco comes out with an almost identical machine with more features and a cheaper price. Wouldn't you be pissed. There is some controversy as the machine was front and center One day at kellyco and now you have to dig to find it. If Nokta and Makro merged that is fine, but merge for gods sake and stop acting like independent manufactures. Pool the resources and go under one banner. I agree its not kellycos fault ( or is it?) but kco has many detectorist that won't buy from them. Traditionally the only detectors sold only exclusively by kyco are the cheap cobra and titan machines which would give the impression to some that the Nokta is crap which we all know is not. They ( Nokta/Makro) should be a true blue multi dealer available machine not exclusive to one dealer. Thus far Makro has been great. But if they are going to act like first Texas then they should do it right.

Last edited:

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The split distributorships with the two different brand names coming from what now is felt to be a single company has been said to be part of what is happening. Mean time there may be some customers that swing their vote toward the machine that best fits their idea of what they consider the better of the two.

OP
OP
JASONSPAZ1

JASONSPAZ1

Oct 21, 2010
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree bowinkle. But someone screwed up days before the racer was released. kyco advertising the Nokta impact and then pulling it from their website is unprofessional. It makes no sense and if I was Makro/Nokta or a customer who pre ordered the Racer I'd be disturbed. I am all for the merger and I get the Chevy GM analogy, but to show the Nokta version days before the Makro Racer release and then hiding it appears to be either kellyco or Nokta/Makro being shady. I do suspect Kyco is at fault trying to put a dent in the other dealers who sell the Makro product. Honestly though Makro/Nokta are not big enough yet to be acting like Chevy/GM and offering the essentially same product at different competing dealers.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok imagine you pre ordered the racer which is only available at only a handful of Makro dealers. Then right before launch Nokta which can only be purchased at kellyco comes out with an almost identical machine with more features and a cheaper price. Wouldn't you be pissed. There is some controversy as the machine was front and center One day at kellyco and now you have to dig to find it. If Nokta and Makro merged that is fine, but merge for gods sake and stop acting like independent manufactures. Pool the resources and go under one banner. I agree its not kellycos fault but kco has many detectorist that won't buy from them. Traditionally the only detectors sold only exclusively by kyco are the cheap cobra and titan machines which would give the impression to some that the Nokta is crap which we all know is not. They ( Nokta/Makro) should be a true blue multi dealer available machine not exclusive to one dealer. Thus far Makro has been great. But if they are going to act like first Texas then they should do it right.

If someone doesn't want to buy from Kellyco for what ever reason that is their choice but they are limiting their choices.

There are a whole new line of Butterfly DD coils coming out that will only be sold through Kellyco. I was able to see a couple of the prototypes for the excals last week. They will also be made for other models of Minelabs and other manufacturers too...

Kellyco is expanding their repair center and are authorized repair center for other brand of detectors now besides Minelab.

There are some other things in the works from Kellyco that I can't talk about just yet......

The Nokta Impact is on Kellyco's web page, so not sure what issue is..... I don't see it as a big deal at all, Nokta/Makro is one company....

Last edited:
OP
OP
JASONSPAZ1

JASONSPAZ1

Oct 21, 2010
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Fair enough treasure hunter. Seeing how I don't have a horse in this race and I am happy with my Sovereign GT, I will take the wait and see approach. As far as ongoings at Kellyco, I wouldn't be surprised if they buy out Tesoro.

OP
OP
JASONSPAZ1

JASONSPAZ1

Oct 21, 2010
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Actually the impact can't be found on kellycos website. Look at the screenshot 0 search results for the impact. It can be found in a mobile version by typing in the Nokta Impact in Google. Why all the hoops to get to it?

ForumRunner_20150222_104311.png

Silver Simon

Mar 17, 2013
Coldwater Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually the impact can't be found on kellycos website. Look at the screenshot 0 search results for the impact. It can be found in a mobile version by typing in the Nokta Impact in Google. Why all the hoops to get to it?

That is weird. I also tried to search and even browse through their entire Nokta offering. It isn't there unless you use a direct link, as provided by TH. Curious...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I talk to Kellyco management, ad was pulled at Dilek of Nokta's request. It was a misunderstand between Dilek and Kellyco on when they could start advertising the Impact....

Google's search engine has it stored so still sees ad even though it was pulled off Kellyco website..

Last edited:

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would imagine that action would possibly also remove a lot of potential sales from a lot of the highly interested potential buyers.

OP
OP
JASONSPAZ1

JASONSPAZ1

Oct 21, 2010
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Valuable lesson. Once unleasehed on the net it never goes away.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread