The news that left me heart broken.

Lizard-Prince

Jun 5, 2008
Bayamon P.R.
Detector(s) used
DFX,BH ID,5000s2,AT Max,MX Sport,Spectra V3
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Pals is it really true? Is Whites a goner? Kellyco hit me with the news. I still am digesting the news that has left me cold and in tears. Holly, Mister Whites and all over there I hold true for they have been with me such wonderful people. The privileged repairs to my units and all those small and big things done to me is what holds deep in my heart that in this immense sadness I cry to God to please help them. They don't deserve to die out what will I do with 5 detectors I have with them in my possession if they break down? They even sent me a get well card when mother got ill and all the employers signed it. Whites of Mid Atlantic told me if someone buys them they will continue. It is moments like this that gives me my reassured faith in the promise of Jesus love tho one another as I love you. White's is a company that has shined in my life. My sorrow, my disbelieving heart will never, and I mean never forget them. ???:dontknow::notworthy:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes it us true. Whites is going out of business.

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Service on your units will be handled for the foreseeable future by Centreville Electronics.

Nevada Prospector

Aug 16, 2017
Southern Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher GB II, Etc, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm with ya bro. Broken hearted here as well. I loved my Whites detectors, still do! I was waiting for Whites to do an update on the V3i to purchase one, never happened. I'm hoping for someone to buy the company upgrade the V3i (reduce the weight) and continue the tradition. Not every company treats us like we are family. Several companies make great detectors but they don't treat us like we are part of the family.

Adrian SS

Dec 7, 2008
Canberra
Detector(s) used
LST, BDHI,Infinium,Sov XS,6000DI Pro SL,Scorpion,V-SAT,Spectrum XLT,Gold Spear,Scorpion,Sand Shark, Compadre,Sierra Madre,Safari, SDC2300, Sea Hunter,CS4PI,TDI OZ Pro, Vallon VMH3CS. Gardiner 202A
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Difficult to comprehend that White's has folded. Their detectors have played a significant part in my life.
It was bad enough when Tesoro closed.
Will Garrett or Fisher be next? Garrett has not produced a truly modern tech detector for quite a while. Most have been upgrades of existing detectors.
After Charles passed things seemed to slow down a bit. Fingers are crossed.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The MXT is one solid detector as deep as any detector out with the right coil and settings and will hold its own with many that cost much more, they are also built like a tank which makes me feel nice in thick wooded areas where footing can be tricky sometimes. They are built to take the hard detecting places and hold up to them, so yep hard to believe they won't be around. Any official word on them closing for sure?

chirper97

Mar 28, 2005
south charleston, wv
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's DFX 300, Garrett Infinium PI, Fisher CZ6A, Garrett Deepseeker and Groundhog ADS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Saddened by the development. I just learned of it today. We will miss you, White's! Beautiful products and technology. Thank you for all of your efforts and wonderful company and staff.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember how excited i was when i got my first Whites, it was my first "professional" grade detector. Good times.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread