🔎 UNIDENTIFIED The Odd Sphere...

camichael

May 29, 2020
La Verne, Calif
Detector(s) used
White's, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We all have odd collections of things we find. I collect stone spheres and the hose nozzles that I've found. I use to run estate sales and at one of them this item caught my attention.... I have no idea what it is or what it was used for. It is completely ceramic and has a small hole on one end. I thought maybe part of a weather vane but the hole is too small....same for a bannister. Any ideas?

P.S. all the nozzles are unique, no two are the same with the exception of the two 6" ones on the right side..

Attachments

• IMG_9138.JPG
    IMG_9138.JPG
    846.7 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_9139.JPG
    IMG_9139.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG_9140.JPG
    IMG_9140.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG_9142.JPG
    IMG_9142.JPG
    555.8 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_9143.JPG
    IMG_9143.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 73

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you collect smaller gemstone balls, try Google "gemstone scrying ball" the amber quartz rock crystal ball can be worth as much as $4,800.00 (or more).

Attachments

• amber-quartz-ball.jpg
    amber-quartz-ball.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Upvote 1

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of those little balls on stand, was looking at on Internet a couple minutes ago. If you get one had been owned by a known psychid, could be worth some extra money.

Upvote 1

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Giving your sphere a closer examination it looks like the clay used is of a crude nature with rough inclusions, possibly Mexico.

Does not look as if the colors were fired.

It's possible... I have some Native American made necklace with stone pendants (of different gemstone materials).

Upvote 2

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Generally, a gemstone and clear crystal ball used by psychics, will be kept on some type of stand. I've seen the stands made of wood or metal, (and large or small) they probably can be stone also.

Upvote 1

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
All this talk of spheres/balls brought to mind a joke from my childhood.

Q. What do you have if you have a large green ball in your left hand and a large green ball in your right hand?

A. The Jolly Green Giant's undivided attention.

Upvote 3

alloy_II

Dec 24, 2021
I need a core drill to take a ore sample from a large outcrop, the commercially available drills are proprietary made to fit on expensive equipment.

Discovered these diamond impregnated brazing rods earlier today. These rods will allow me to make a custom core drill using ordinary water pipe any diameter of my choosing.

The cups used on the sphere machine were homemade using ordinary plumbing fixtures with diamond impregnated braze.

The rods are available in many different grits.

Screenshot from 2022-03-08 20-08-44.png

Upvote 1

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I need a core drill to take a ore sample from a large outcrop, the commercially available drills are proprietary made to fit on expensive equipment.

Discovered these diamond impregnated brazing rods earlier today. These rods will allow me to make a custom core drill using ordinary water pipe any diameter of my choosing.

The cups used on the sphere machine were homemade using ordinary plumbing fixtures with diamond impregnated braze.

The rods are available in many different grits.

View attachment 2014622
Now that,s doing it for yourself! Can,t find what you want or need,make the damn thing yourself!Way to go alloy!

Upvote 1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread