OP
OP
vor

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So what you seem to be saying is that you think people would rather watch a faked treasure dig on a "reality" show than the real deal. Now your suggesting I fake a treasure site to try to fool everyone.

I agree with Mai.

If you are planning on going to a site that was dowsed and hope to find something to make your "sizzle" exciting, you are destined for failure. The reality shows that you quoted are mainly staged to make it exciting in the eyes/mind of the network execs. So yes, if you want to have your show picked up you better find something and act excited about it.

If you want to be successful at the game, you have to play by the same rules as everyone else. Unfortunately, just the way it is.

BTW do you ever do any TH'ing on your own?

I have been fortunate enough to have found many treasures and always looking for more. Maybe not a cache of cut diamonds in an 88mm shell or a buried pot of gold but treasures nonetheless.

V

Last edited:

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
The producers of the possible show that I am involved in have made it very clear that they do not expect me to find a real treasure. They are more interested in the "journey/story" than some faked event. Whether or not this concept sells will be a matter of what the audience likes. The networks are overloaded with faked 'reality' shows. People will obviously watch ANYTHING. As far as playing by "the rules", in some instances there are no rules.

BTW-My treasure story involves a lot of different treasures that are not entirely based on dowsing. Dowsing has been a big part of the past but I have definitely brought in many others forms of treasure detecting. I have always made a habit of not showing all my cards and have been underestimated all my life.

vor-Good for you on your past success at treasure hunting. It's too bad you have become so cynical in your rapidly advancing years. I think you may be missing out on a "Golden" opportunity.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
If you are planning on going to a site that was dowsed and hope to find something to make your "sizzle" exciting, you are destined for failure. The reality shows that you quoted are mainly staged to make it exciting in the eyes/mind of the network execs. So yes, if you want to have your show picked up you better find something and act excited about it.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe most but not all are like that. There is a show where a Geologist investigates theories and legends and he looks like he is on the up and up. His conclusions have gone both ways. Frank...

111-1 profile.jpg

OP
OP
vor

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BTW-My treasure story involves a lot of different treasures that are not entirely based on dowsing..

So admittedly ALL are at least partially based on dowsing, hence my reluctance to give much credence to them. Not that I wouldn't reconsider given some hard facts or evidence.

vor- It's too bad you have become so cynical in your rapidly advancing years.

Only on stories that defy logic, reason and science. Or the obvious hoaxes.

Hope your golden opportunity pans out.

Frankn

Why don't you get the guy that owns a 10% stake in your project (for doing an hours worth of work at the court house) to approach the landowner? He has already proven to be a persuasive negotiator.

V

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
First off, in this country, you usually get paid for what you know rather than how long it takes you to do it, that is unless you are a wage slave. He only collects if I collect and at millions, i won't begrudge him a cent. I will probably be heading up there in about 2 weeks to try to get permission and hunt for it if I do. Frank...

300MH.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Frankn

Why don't you get the guy that owns a 10% stake in your project (for doing an hours worth of work at the court house) to approach the landowner? He has already proven to be a persuasive negotiator.

V[/QUOTE]

OP
OP
vor

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First off, in this country, you usually get paid for what you know rather than how long it takes you to do it, that is unless you are a wage slave.

Wage slave? Kind of insulting. Most of us in this country have worked for wages at one time or another. Glad to hear that you apparently have never needed to do so.

Still think you need someone else to negotiate your deal given your history with him.

HH
V

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
The producers of the possible show that I am involved in have made it very clear that they do not expect me to find a real treasure... People will obviously watch ANYTHING...
How about a real cesspool!
Hey,BDD,I just couldn't pass that one up.

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I have treasure sites that have NOTHING to do with dowsing. I do not tell everything in my e-book, besides the fact that it is two years out of date. I have only shared a little on T-Net of what is actually going on treasure-wise in my world.

As far as finding an actual treasure in front of the cameras, I have complete confidence that I will. The fact that I will refuse to fake anything is one of the ways that will make our show stand out from the crowd.

Have you seen them find a Bigfoot on the show "Finding Bigfoot"? Do you really think they have found ghosts on "Ghost hunter's"? Would you say that the guy finds actual monsters on the show "River Monsters"? Out of all the "treasure show's" what is everybody"s favorite? I can't say that I really like any of them.

ECS-I am proud of the fact that I did not let a bunch of CRAP stop me from attempting to retrieve the pirate chests in Englewood. I actually have some pretty good video's of both attempts. The first one was in 1987 with backhoes and the second was in 1992 digging a well by hand. Some of this old footage will be part of the treasure show. I will have the last laugh on this one.

OP
OP
vor

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you seen them find a Bigfoot on the show "Finding Bigfoot"? Do you really think they have found ghosts on "Ghost hunter's"? Would you say that the guy finds actual monsters on the show "River Monsters"? Out of all the "treasure show's" what is everybody"s favorite?

Since you asked, I like those that find (or likely to find) what they came for. Last night I watched Wade win a noodling contest with a 50+lb flathead on River Monsters. And any gold show where they find decent quantities of gold works for me to pass time (which isn't happening in Ice Cold Gold).

But ghost and bigfoot shows where there is 0 chance of them finding either one is not worth the time. And I have no idea what the guys on Duck Dynasty are suppose to be doing other than selling commercials.

So sooner or later in a TH show you better be finding something to stay on the air.

V

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I have no idea what the guys on Duck Dynasty are suppose to be doing other than selling commercials.

So sooner or later in a TH show you better be finding something to stay on the air.

V
I will tell you what the Duck Dynasty guys are doing. They are more or less playing themselves and with the help of scriptwriters they come across as funny, entertaining and somewhat wholesome, with great family values. By doing this they have become the number one rated "unscripted" reality show on cable TV, and in the process have caused themselves to become richer than they were to start with. Not too bad for some red-neck goobers just having fun. Knock them if you want as they laugh all their way to the bank.

There are so many channels to choose from the networks are having a hard time coming up with quality shows. The bottom line is that a lot of them suck. Nonetheless, there are people on these shows making lots of money and 99.9999% of the people on T-Net are sitting in their easy chairs watching and probably half of them think they should be on a show. There are those that talk a lot, and then there are people of action. ANYONE that has taken the time to meet me in person will tell you than I am completely capable of starring in my own reality show and making it a huge success. Am I cocky? You better believe it. I can back it up too. Do I think I will find more than one major treasure on my show? Heck yeah! Just you wait and see!

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
I have an idea for a pilot. Dog goes to NYC to cash in on the gutter craze going on now. He spends
15 minutes checking out the grates on 5th Avenue only to get mugged when he's pulling out a
golden chain with a diamond encrusted necklace. You know the Dog, he cleans the mugger's plow
with a double reverse choke move and hold the mug for NY's finest. At the end he's congratulated
by the mayor and given a key to the city. Dog thinks it's made of gold but finds out it's only brass
plated. So he gives the mayor a big rip and walks away with his head held high.

I haven't got a script ready for the second episode yet but I'm vor and I are working on it.

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
lostleg doan b pulin ma chain or I gona be hafta give yo a mugshot upside ah yah hed. Ya heah whut I be sayun/ so yew b vor/ iz dat so/

mical66

Jul 17, 2012
Greeneville , TN
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BigDog, post if and when it will be aired . i for 1 will watch it to see what it is like , hell it cant be worse then the other MD shows so i do nto see what the argument is about. best of luck to you on this.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
There are those that talk a lot, and then there are people of action. Do I think I will find more than one major treasure on my show? Heck yeah! Just you wait and see!
At the least we can all learn the professional and proper way to dig empty holes...lots of empty holes!

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I think we just added a new team member today. He uses GPR on a regular basis and it sounds like he is VERY good at it. I would like to share more of what is going on but I choose not to. ECS-You will have to EAT your words in the near future. Since you have spent so much try trying to disprove my stories, you should be able to stay busy at the dinner table. I hope you have plenty of whine to help you wash it all down. I would hate to hear that you choked on the main course of crow.

lorddean13

Jun 13, 2012
Warminster PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I worked on a show years back as a key grip the reality part of it is that there is no script the actors just say what they want and the editors select the best parts, but they are all staged. Every single one of the shows has a pre determined outcome as well as set goals. Look at the Boom Baby guy he has an amazing nack for finding rusty crap that he sells for an amazingly high value. Same with ghost hunters and any other reality show. People do not want to see nothing happen. Remember all networks calculate Ratings and dollars. If your idea can be merchandised and sold to the people you have a show. People will need to see you dig up something or else how do they get the advertisers to come on board and fund the show. It has to appeal to people. Even diggers will start finding better stuff because the more tokes, civ, and cologne they find that isn't worth much the lower the ratings get and the less advertisers will pay. Just my experience things might have changed but chances are they really haven't.

Last edited:

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I am not going to go into the details of how our show will be put together. The bottom line is whether it will be entertaining enough to get people to come back and keep watching it. The Duck Dynasty show's success is not based on how many ducks they shoot or fish they catch. As far as your own success being judged by how much "real' treasure one finds, if that were the case then 99%+ of the people on T-Net would give up the hobby and quit reading the forums. I will guarantee that everyone reading this forum will watch our show as they have watched at least a little of all other treasure shows. If you like it you will want to watch more. I have complete confidence in my own abilities to entertain. The producers I am working with have a number of successful shows currently running.

If you all are convinced that the only way a Treasure show will succeed is by faking it maybe you need to rethink what the word "reality" really means. Your own unsuccessful hunts may be boring but I can make digging a ditch seem entertaining. The bottom line is that I have spent 26 years acquiring treasure stories and sites. I feel that there is a good possibility that treasure is buried at the majority of them. I plan on digging it up in front of the cameras for all the world to see. This is my mission, this is my dream, it will soon become my job. I can hardly wait.

OP
OP
vor

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello LD
Good to see hear from you.

I watched about 10 minutes of "Hillbilly Blood" last night while flipping channels (there was no need in watching the other 20 minutes to form an opinion). Granted, the show is not going to last long...but.

If they can get that show on the air then a show with someone dowsing for the neighbor's lost mule would have no problem at all. Now watching someone just digging an empty ditch I'm not so sure about. But if BDD is in it I would at least watch the whole episode and know I will get a laugh or two out of it (not an insult to BDD).

V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread