Not open for further replies.

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Were these dogs in the treasure van or a buried white box?:icon_scratch:

:sunny:
I picked up a couple of puppies (one mastiff for me one golden retriever for a friend) in the dog van. The treasure research had nothing to do with dogs or white caskets. Thanks for asking.

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I will now be taking the "treasure van" on a long trip to go after some buried treasure. If I find what I am going after, everything will change. If I come back empty handed, so be it. At least I can say I tried. As Jack Hoffman of Gold Rush fame would say "No guts, no glory".

Last edited:
OP
OP
vor

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As Jack Hoffman of Gold Rush fame would say "No guts, no glory".

That's it? A quote from the great scholar Hoffman?

As a lot of people say about Hoffman (a paraphrase from Thomas Tusser) "a fool and his money are soon parted".

Good luck on your new journey. Keep the rubber side down.

v

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I will now be taking the "treasure van" on a long trip to go after some buried treasure. If I find what I am going after, everything will change. If I come back empty handed, so be it. At least I can say I tried. As Jack Hoffman of Gold Rush fame would say "No guts, no glory".

The thrill of the hunt, there's nothing like it, except maybe a find! I know your feeling, but my 1 in 10 ratio is still holding. Frank...

111-2 700Warrior Head.jpg

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
That's it? A quote from the great scholar Hoffman?

As a lot of people say about Hoffman (a paraphrase from Thomas Tusser) "a fool and his money are soon parted".

Good luck on your new journey. Keep the rubber side down.

v

Hoffman's a fool? He co-stars on one of the top-rated shows on TV and gets to do what he loves in front of the whole world. Am I missing something?

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
The thrill of the hunt, there's nothing like it, except maybe a find! I know your feeling, but my 1 in 10 ratio is still holding. Frank...

View attachment 805213
That's a creepy looking guy. That's not ECS is it?

The hunt is okay but I am ready for a find. Does the 1 in 10 mean 1 treasure for every 10 holes dug? If that were the case for me I am long overdue. I am thinking it is important to dig in the exact right spot. I am working on getting better at that. We will see what happens. I could use some help from the experts such as vor and ECS but all they seem to want to do is make fun of me.

I came up with an acronym today for ECS's type of person. I am going to call it being a Toadstool.
T-tired O-old A-asinine D-dude S-sitting-T-there O-offending O-others L-lives. A troll on a toadstool. Ha Ha I'm so funny. I make me laugh. Oops me pee me pants.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
That's a creepy looking guy. That's not ECS is it?

111-2 700Warrior Head.jpg He is from a da Vinci sketch book. It was used in one of his paintings. Hay, would you mess with someone that looked like that? Frank...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The hunt is okay but I am ready for a find. Does the 1 in 10 mean 1 treasure for every 10 holes dug? If that were the case for me I am long overdue. I am thinking it is important to dig in the exact right spot. I am working on getting better at that. We will see what happens. I could use some help from the experts such as vor and ECS but all they seem to want to do is make fun of me.

It's more like one find in 10 cache hunts. Frank...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I came up with an acronym today for ECS's type of person. I am going to call it being a Toadstool.
T-tired O-old A-asinine D-dude S-sitting-T-there O-offending O-others L-lives. A troll on a toadstool. Ha Ha I'm so funny. I make me laugh. Oops me pee me pants.

I think it is something like the most active hunter catches the most flack. Hay, they have to have a target don't they. The thing is it is mostly in fun. Frank...

111-2 700.jpg

Bigdogsbud

Greenie
Jul 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yo BDD! Got your back big man! Check this out... vor = vestiges of Ralph! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! There is one in every crowd. ECS = ???

Bigdogsbud

Greenie
Jul 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ECS = geotechnical engineering, enviromental consulting, construction materials testing and facilities engineering firm OR educator's certification system OR Emerald City Supporter Or evangelical christian school OR esoteric critic's stool! I vote for the latter!

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
NO GUTS,NO GLORY,NO TREASURE

The production company I am working with is not expecting me to find treasure... that is not what it is all about... a treasure hunting show where it is all very interesting and entertaining, but they don't find "treasure"...

Just for the record...
Yes,that is what AMERICA needs,a treasure hunting show with lesser expectations.
Watching a scaramouch brag about all the treasure he is going to find,while his band of sycophants applaud his cleverness while they explore all styles of digging in various topography.
After hole after every empty hole is dug,he will explain that a dowser led him to this site,while his LRL technician with his garage door opener microwave toaster LRL relates that something was once here.
The last five minutes of each show are used for his puerile rants against his critics,with additional comments from his band of sycophants.

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Yes,that is what AMERICA needs,a treasure hunting show with lesser expectations.
Watching a scaramouch brag about all the treasure he is going to find,while his band of sycophants applaud his cleverness while they explore all styles of digging in various topography.
After hole after every empty hole is dug,he will explain that a dowser led him to this site,while his LRL technician with his garage door opener microwave toaster LRL relates that something was once here.
The last five minutes of each show are used for his puerile rants against his critics,with additional comments from his band of sycophants.

As always you look at the dark side of everything. I will again state for the record-the production company is not counting on me finding treasure for the show to be successful. Consequently they will not be asking me to fake finding treasure as is done in some other shows. In no way does this mean that I plan on not finding treasure. Just the opposite, I DO PLAN ON DIGGING UP TREASURE. This will be my chance to prove what I am made of for all the world to see. Yes it is possible that I will fail miserably as I truly believe ECS hopes to happen. After all the negativity he has shown for me, my old pal Ovid, my stories, methods, etc, he will be the one that looks the FOOL, not me.

ECS-You do not belong on Treasurenet. Your constant disdain of myself and others goes against the very spirit of what this site should be about. You are so full of your so-called "facts" that they are now spewing out of your behind and it is beginning to stink around here. Because of you and your kind I have come close to quitting this site. I don't need any of your type of crap. Please crawl back under the hole from which you came.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
... Yes it is possible that I will fail miserably as I truly believe ECS hopes to happen. After all the negativity he has shown for me, my old pal Ovid, my stories, methods, etc, he will be the one that looks the FOOL, not me.

ECS-You do not belong on Treasurenet. Your constant disdain of myself and others goes against the very spirit of what this site should be about. You are so full of your so-called "facts" that they are now spewing out of your behind and it is beginning to stink around here. Because of you and your kind I have come close to quitting this site. I don't need any of your type of crap. Please crawl back under the hole from which you came.
BDD,can you unequivocaly state that you never shown negativity to me and others on this and other threads when questioned on some of your stated "facts".When confronted with conflicting historical documentation,instead of responding with a resonable exchange of opinions,you attack the messenger and resort to name calling.I am not the only one you have shown disdain.
I admit that I have used satire and parody in responce to your negative remarks,but have not ever told you or anyone else to leave TN,nor resorted to calling others names or showing disdain as you implied.
Just because I disagree with your claims,or the claims of others,does not mean I want you to fail.Many of my posts are a historical perpective on the matter being discussed,be it Confederate gold,Beale,etc,not to tell someone they are wrong,but to provide additional insight to the matter being discussed.
Do you take it all so personal because you turn most threads into the BDD show when you post?
There will always be critics and people that disagree with you,that will never change.
HH

Bigdogsbud

Greenie
Jul 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I may put on my smoking jacket and light the after dinner pipe while I ponder a response to the obvious. It was once said by Mr. Livingston that "We do live in the age of the sycophant. While democratizing in some ways, social media has also created a means to create blood loyal fans who opt for passion instead of mindful choice." I say, "hee hee...you said sycophant..hee hee!"

Bigdogsbud

Greenie
Jul 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ECS said - "I admit that I have used satire and parody in responce to your negative remarks,but have not ever told you or anyone else to leave TN,nor resorted to calling others names or showing disdain as you implied." REALLY? UH...DUH... sycophant = fawning parasite! Need something for the short term memory problem there ECS?

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
ECS said - "I admit that I have used satire and parody in responce to your negative remarks,but have not ever told you or anyone else to leave TN,nor resorted to calling others names or showing disdain as you implied." REALLY? UH...DUH... sycophant = fawning parasite! Need something for the short term memory problem there ECS?
REALLY? Did I call YOU a sycophant by name?Or for that matter EVER refered to you at all?
What one perceives from anothers remarks is quite revealing. I know you would agree.

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
ECS-Read a little closer. I am not Bigdogsbud. The bottom line is your intent. You are always trying to prove that I am wrong and that the treasures I seek CAN"T be there. Never do you try to show that they CAN be there. That is the NEGATIVITY that I talk about. I really only feel sympathy for you. You keep reading, I will keep digging. I rather imagine it will probably be me that finds the treasures. Good bye, I am off on another of my treasure trips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread