THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good morning!

This weekend was a massacre - for my feet and legs. There's a bug down here called a "chigger", and they are practically invisible to the naked eye. They live in the leaves and grass, and when they get onto you, they bite to the point where you start to itch really bad, and go to scratch the bite to where you start bleeding. They feed on the blood. I must have walked through the NYC of chiggers, because I must have over 200+ bites on my feet and legs. It's torture.

In other news, I've made a bit of a break through in my ancestry studies. I've got one side of my family pretty well studied, except for my other side, the Spieles name, which is my last name. No one really knew much of anyone past my grandfather, but I recently went past him, and found Vincent Spieles, a coal miner and first generation American, Matthew Spieles (father of Vincent), born and raised in the Rhineland, Germany, and his father Mathaias Spieles, a laborer from the Rhineland, Germany.

Morning Rusty

So that's what they're called.
We had the same thing I believe a month or so back. Bites like crazy-itchy-inflamed bites. Poison ivy is nothing compared to the itching of those bites.
If you are going down the same road Rusty-My sympathies.
We found anti-itch lotions-and a high alcohol hand sanitizer mix relieved the incredible itching.
Nothing worse that having the bites on the boys-just saying.:laughing7:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Morning Bart, Bill & rook.

Another day, but not another dollar... more like another day of job hunting. :BangHead:

On a happier note, last night I was given permission to detect a local Loyal Orange Lodge out in the countryside.
The warrant was issued for this site in July 18, 1845.

I'm going to drive by there tonight to walk the site and create a plan of attack, as opposed to running around the site "swinging like a flapping chicken." :laughing7:

I've had no luck at the last two Orange Halls. Well you were at the one site in the pasture where the school was located at the one permission.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well I better get the act together and see what rain storm damage was created during the night. The mrs got up to close the windows as the rain was getting everything wet. (Slept right through it) I was basically past out from lack of sleep over the previous nights.
Got to get a backhoe over to the property from a farm today. The unit has zero brakes and there's a big hill on the one side of the highway in the hamlet.
Plan of action use a tow strap and the Tundra for a braking system-what possibly could go wrong-:dontknow::laughing7:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck pepper.....be careful !!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good luck pepper.....be careful !!
I told my buddy if it goes totally south, I'll be saying that he offered to tow me home with the backhoe. How did I know that he didn't have any brakes on the rig.:laughing7:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
20200817_104757.jpg 20200817_104815.jpg

The ugly twin.:laughing7:

Last edited:
OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I knew some twins once... they were not that ugly though...

anyway... um... oh sheesh... never mind...

family website.

:P

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm thinking playboy twins.....bunnies !!

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bart... depression 2 is gonna shape up more than 1 will.

It looks like it could be a mean one.

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Armaments 2:9-21

"And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this Thy hand grenade that with it Thou mayest blow Thine enemies to tiny bits, in Thy mercy." And the Lord did grin and the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths and carp and anchovies and orangutans and breakfast cereals, and fruit bats and large chu... [At this point, the friar is urged by Brother Maynard to "skip a bit, brother"]... And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin, then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it." Amen."

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Um... I wasn't going to say something... BUT...

Rusty that was the weirdest thing I think I have read on Tnet.

No offense. heh

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And on that note... I am really... Off.

heh

Night Tnet.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Oooo chiggers.:BangHead:

They dissolve flesh at a bites center and suck it out.

Hot weather brought my discovery of them on.
Two bites I fought to not scratch for weeks it seemed.
Bag balm seemed to help keep the air off them enough to will myself not to scratch. It was as hard not to scratch as to not take a wirebrush or wirewheel chucked in a drill to the bites in my imagination though...
download.jpg

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Oooo chiggers.:BangHead:

They dissolve flesh at a bites center and suck it out.

Hot weather brought my discovery of them on.
Two bites I fought to not scratch for weeks it seemed.
Bag balm seemed to help keep the air off them enough to will myself not to scratch. It was as hard not to scratch as to not take a wirebrush or wirewheel chucked in a drill to the bites in my imagination though...
View attachment 1857007

Now those little suckers itch and I didn't know that there was such a product for just the bag.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread