THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
***ARC is still pretending to be asleep in hopes the crew has decided to try and replace half his blood with Rum but realizes he has waited long enough and must now pretend to wake up for he must now take matters into his own hands,,, as captain of course***

ARrrrrrr ***cough**.... ***hack*** . . ***snort...sniff*** rrrrrrr ug.

Aye mateys ! Good morning !

Now... does anyone know where that harpoon we had around here is ? ? ?

ARC, up here in the winter, it can get boring, so we have a javelin catching event. Nobody wins, but it is interesting to watch. Maybe somebody is trying to start up a harpoon catching contest?

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Morning bart..... SD51

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Heh
Fun time in the country. Let Sadie out to do her business and damn if she didn’t jump 2 deer. I had dogs back in the day that wouldn’t do that well. Took a bit but caught her right before she crossed the highway. Purdy lucky today so far.:coffee2:

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
MsBeeps is still missing. Do we need to notify the Coast Guard?

Roger,
I read up quite a bit on the alleged escape of Hitler through the tunnels and eventually via submarine to South America.
I wonder if we'll even know with any certainty.
That's what I heard. He escaped to SA in a u-boat full of gold bullion.

I have never had that problem... you must be hairier than I. :P
I have a hairy chest, and a few hairs on my shoulders. When the straps move with the weight of the tank the rubber of the wetsuit pulls hairs. But only while I'm on the boat gearing up, not after I splash. When I get done with the man mower I'm as smooth as a baby's behind.

I've been thinking it over and I have come to the conclusion that it's high time We impeach Woodrow Wilson.
I mean I know that his term is over, and his widow would be upset and all, but if congress does not pretend they are doing something productive this country might never recover...
We can start with Obama and work our way back.

Last edited:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Morning there AC

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Gmorn all...

I don’t understand why people think we are destroying the planet. I can show you example after example as to why we have it better now than ever before. A couple, the Sandhills of Nebraska have never been this stable, the grass the hills, historical perspective. The ogallala aquifer under Nebraska is at record high levels. It’s not the story line but check the data. If you read any pioneer journal, you couldn’t find a tree between Kearney Nebraska and Denver. IF you think your ruining the earth, how do you sleep. No wonder there so much mental problems in the world. I could go on for pages. Mother Earth will swallow us up and cover with thousands of feet of overburden and than it will all be better?

please smile hard and enjoy living and your life.

Mornin all.
Man , we've enough snow from last night and it's still piling up. Enough!

Mornin Fat.
I'm no environmental whacko by any means.
But do note the changes .
Since my youth we've done better. Waterways are not a surface layer of algae and dead fish like where I used to play. D.D.T. has been curtailed,. And with that raptors are seen more commonly.
We went from the odd pair of hawks or rumors of an eagle to frequent siting's.

Out water here though suffers. While we have plenty of terrestrial foreign invaders we've imported . our waterways are more sensitive.
Ballast water from ships here in the great lakes has changed the very make up of the food chain by adding foreign invaders. Zebra mussels have found thier way inland now and change the structure of rivers and lakes , but again the food chain.

We have PFAS in certain aquifers. Some not far from me. When the world was deemed infinite we dumped stuff on quiet unused sites and called it good.
A tannery did so that used a particular brand of chemical on surfaces in multiple ways , and it leached.
Folks with well water they can't consume directly anymore. That is a harm.

Our previous dumping into waterways catches up with us too when sediment is disturbed. A tannery on a lake connected to one of the big lakes near where I lived and boated as a youth dumped a lot. Much has been spent on clean up but again it's a sediment and water stirring that frees up old ghosts.
I ain't gonna drink it.
Other companies dumped other things. Paper mill(s), a battery builder ect.
Only recently a company was caught having dumped a crazy amount of waste that was supposed to go to a controlled site.
And my previous mention of sewage overflows remains a problem.
The stuff folks fishing the East side of the state catch,see,and find are nasty. Basically anything you can flush down a toilet.
We're better than that. Or should be.

I've stood on a pier when I used to fish them , and we understand there is sediment coloring the water i.e. the "mudline" right?
But there can be seen debris like paper ect, in the flow too.

We had "flats".
Shallow marshy areas in at least one good example in a river that like other swamp/marsh areas acted like a kidney of sorts filtering sediment and more.
Our dredging changed that.
Yes we want ship and boat traffic. But our great lakes do not a good sewer make. Not if clean or natural (no , nothing is natural if we have a hand in it) is the goal or purpose.

We have areas of former native prairie here. Nothing like the scope of your area. But similar in evolution and survivability.
Today they range from blow sand to rough fallow areas. With little of prairie species. We plowed them and broke the symbiotic relationship and root system.
Hey , I run tractors and plant for deer. But I know exhausting the soil or overworking it dries it too.
We've had dust from the great plains arrive here before. (Note the dust bowl era and causes).

There is a "buffalo" method that is gaining for some here. A no till type , though no till has been a study and practice here and there a while.
It requires a crimper , and a seed drill though. Both items I'm not likely to invest in. (I'm on a tiny scale of planting).
That buffalo method ensures (within reason) drought or erosion does not kill the "crop" or leach any great distance as far as soil run off.
Less supplemental watering for those who have such ability too.

The government pays out quite a chunk of change to support C.R.P. programs.
That has helped some critters. And reduced erosion , and reduced surplus crops. I'm not sure where the line should be on that program though....
You may have a better idea from your region.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tonight on the menu is smoked salmon on a bagel with cream cheese. I'll put together a large side salad to round out the meal.

One of the supermarket have some salmon fillets at a fair price might make some gravlox for freezing and future use.

Last edited:

Albertaclipper

Feb 27, 2012
Central Alberta, Canada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tonight on the menu is smoked salmon on a bagel with cream cheese. I'll put together a large side salad to round out the meal.

1b9h0.jpg

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First time I broke a real sweat today... and yes.........

my "eyebrow post" ran through my mind and I smiled to myself :P

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Working the table :) Miller Time, that is :occasion14: 003.JPG

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here's a gravlax recipe if someone wants to try it. We do ours a bit different in that we use 2 whole skin on fillets and add about an oz or so of vodka or gin.

Put the fillets against each other skin side on the outside and put cling wrap and weight it down with a couple of tins of food for 2 or 3 days.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I reiterate.....

Quote Originally Posted by Msbeepbeep

I have to drop over the side and answer the...stupid phone, it gets jealous when I'm on the tablet on TNet!

WHADIFIND I will try to "save" me next log in...we'll see how that goes

tapping foot.gif

WELLLLL........!!!!!!

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread