THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_2678.jpeg.jpg fishing is good....going to long Island to fish the blue marlin....woooo hooo !! Big game fishing !!

Sheperdess

Jan 20, 2013
South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Teknetics
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Morning to the Gang!
It's funny how things change as you age. My daughter walked in the Knuckle and asked if she could play. She said all she needed was a stool and a corner and Pete set her up on the stage with a mic. He said he wished shed been there the night before as there was a wedding partying there. She's living in Ireland now so I never get to hear her sing.
And if you make it out to see your band family, we will say a Howdy-Do!
The Iron Horse Saloon is preparing their Sweeto Burrito trucks just this week. So it's beginning already! And it's going to be a big one.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Query Sheperdess: Do you detect the recent drops after the big event is over?

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Morning: Bart-yum/yum WTG on the catch. Rook Hope all is well.
Bill-YES! Finally the weather is warming up so the threat of frost is passing. We need the dry up for the soils to warm up. Looks like a window of 7 days of sun.

Sheperdess

Jan 20, 2013
South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Teknetics
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pepperj I keep a close watch on the Iron Horse Saloon parking lot as I live on the other side of their chain link fence. I don't get much sleep at night due to the concerts rattling my windows. Ugh!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Pepperj I keep a close watch on the Iron Horse Saloon parking lot as I live on the other side of their chain link fence. I don't get much sleep at night due to the concerts rattling my windows. Ugh!
Looking at the line-up of music-one would either love/hate the tribute. I will say a tad too heavy for my ears. Many nights over a period of a week-ouch!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Going back to nearly 3 decades ago this was a sight and a memory to be hold.
Reading a news story about the plight of the virus in India-and the death toll has brought about a shortage of wood to do the cremations at the Ghats.
It was a very interesting stop in the travels as we spent a week there watching life at the bathing/washing/cremation Ghats.
The poor of the poor could only afford so much wood so the remains of the body(s) would be dumped into the Ganga River.
Now on a regular day the place goes through 80 tons of wood.
Out of respect for the dead many families leave the silver/gold on the body when cremated.
Some of the richest people are the ones that run the Ghats-the poorest are the untouchables that work there-born as one-die as one-the cast system.
What a life to be given-a corpse burner...

https://www.livemint.com/Leisure/rbcQ3K5FhR8fTddOmV8UGM/A-day-in-the-life-of-a-corpseburner.html

https://www.hindustantimes.com/phot...asi-s-ghats/photo-7jNtgaPoCE02IeJiIwfuqM.html

[h=3]Cremation Ghats of Varanasi[/h]

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Going back to nearly 3 decades ago this was a sight and a memory to be hold.
Reading a news story about the plight of the virus in India-and the death toll has brought about a shortage of wood to do the cremations at the Ghats.
It was a very interesting stop in the travels as we spent a week there watching life at the bathing/washing/cremation Ghats.
The poor of the poor could only afford so much wood so the remains of the body(s) would be dumped into the Ganga River.
Now on a regular day the place goes through 80 tons of wood.
Out of respect for the dead many families leave the silver/gold on the body when cremated.
Some of the richest people are the ones that run the Ghats-the poorest are the untouchables that work there-born as one-die as one-the cast system.
What a life to be given-a corpse burner...

https://www.livemint.com/Leisure/rbcQ3K5FhR8fTddOmV8UGM/A-day-in-the-life-of-a-corpseburner.html

https://www.hindustantimes.com/phot...asi-s-ghats/photo-7jNtgaPoCE02IeJiIwfuqM.html

[h=3]Cremation Ghats of Varanasi[/h]

Read an old account of high death rates where a coal placed in the mouth had to be deemed sufficient. But yes , the Ganga to follow.
Timing mattered (s) too.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
GMorn everbody, 37 above feels cool. 11-13 the headliner band, Victory underground is playing. There some of my extended family. I got my first guitar from there dad. Last year they played at the Stone in BellFouche. They’re pretty excited to be moving up the headliner list and playing on main.
Nowadays, the rally doesn’t do much for me, when I was 16, would tell my folks going to camp at lake and then we would “sneak” up for the weekend, it’s impossible for me to have that much excitement about it today but this is some motivation.
I thought about making a post like I’ve seen others do about going someplace and see how many go to the party....
15-2 15-4 and a double run for 12?..

I took the liberty of choosing a bike for ya this trip,
(Around 5:42 on the video.)

[video]https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=starting+up+old+indian+motorcycle&cvid=f2da52ae87c049cab0044676cf60716b&aqs=edge..69i57.11183j0j1&pglt=299&DAF1=1&PC=HCTS&ru=%2fsearch%3fq%3dstarting%2bup%2bold%2bindian%2b motorcycle%26cvid%3df2da52ae87c049cab0044676cf6071 6b%26aqs%3dedge..69i57.11183j0j1%26pglt%3d299%26FO RM%3dANNTA1%26DAF1%3d1%26PC%3dHCTS&view=detail&mmscn=vwrc&mid=1E05661FF610C96DF5391E05661FF610C96DF539&FORM=WRVORC[/video]

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Nebraska panhandle/NE Colorado
Detector(s) used
I took the battery out because I like my bacon crispy
Primary Interest:
Other
.... ‘27 Indian scout, I wish..... I have a 2000 superX Henderson excelsior that I’ve never heard run. I’m thinking I’ll get to fire and ride it some.
Do you go to the rally?

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
.... ‘27 Indian scout, I wish..... I have a 2000 superX Henderson excelsior that I’ve never heard run. I’m thinking I’ll get to fire and ride it some.
Do you go to the rally?

Nope.
Never have.
Quit biking back in the eighties , and lost a leg since.

Used to hit the Blessing of The Bikes here in Michigan sometimes. A fun time.
I have a Heald SuperTryke for fun. Around ten horse. (1980 you build it kits at the time.)
Debate about a Harley Trike (would need an air shifter though) or similar , or something with a sidecar now and then. But they are not the same as two wheels. And...I continue to lack a place to stable it. More so in winter.

I'd be all over that Henderson ....Getting it breathing again.
Supposed to have been a top notch build. And only a couple thousand of them. (Only , l.o.l.)
Great score!
Not sure about parts, or if a parts bike to go with one makes more sense... The SuperX was/is a fine hat tip to the old brands memory.

Last edited:

Noah_D

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2017
Illinois (prev. NE Ohio)
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Garrett ACE 300, Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Morning all. I was out fishing today too Bart... the three of us only got two perch and one walleye (albeit a pretty huge one). Any luck?

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Found a quarter of a turtle
20210513_121228.jpg

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Holy crud, I finally passed my drivers test!

Aiehieehhhhh! Get off the sidewalk kids!

Congrats Rusty!:hello2:
Drive sanely.
And be careful.

Side note. A 1968 Yugo S.K.S. snuck in my truck yesterday. (Drivers license = Truck = Mobility at a higher speed than walking =Extended cruising range= Acquisition of goods at a distance.....& I.D. for paperwork.)
Looks like it didn't miss many conflicts in it's hard life.
A little work with a needle file and it should be ready to speak again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread