THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well im working in slow motion on my old pad....I still have to gather up my finds and get the boat cleaned up and back in order. So it will be this evening before I can lay out this amzing story. One thing I will say is.....SADS669...Kevin James, is one of the most stand up great guys I have ever had the honor to meet....a first class individual with more integrity than most men could ever muster on there best day. So ill have to go and work a bit before I can lay out the goods and right up a post. Im sitting here in awe holing the most cherished piece of iron ive ever recovered.....a PIRATE long knife....just rusted iron but dang the feelings I get from it are intense !! First time back to the out islands and bang !! All the projects and sites ive forgotten in the lat year came flooding back....multiple gold sites and other islands are back within reach....producing results instills confidence in others and everyone wants your experience with there project. I had no choice but to give my equinox and other equipment to the islanders and fellow hunters so they can continue there quests. I have no machines to hunt with and will order more equipment today with money that has been loaned to me by my supporters, and backers. When my pay check comes I will pay them back. Nobody wants to see me sit idle to long with so much momentum in my favor. I had to do the right thing and give my bahamian brothers the best shot at continued success in there treasure hunts !! They needed the shirt off my back, and I was happy to give it to them !! I am naked now but feel good about giving thousands of dollars of equipment to my bahamian brothers

Did "the girl with a bell" come up in conversation :)

heh heh heh

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Good for you bart. You deserve everything that’s come your way.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well today is another anniversary notch on the calendar of sobriety from drugs-34yrs.

It was the May 24 weekend watching/party hardy at Ashbridge's Bay fireworks in Toronto.
Just doing the normal get higher than a kite night, watching the fireworks that would be going off.
Doing the lines, and huffing back the endless spliffs of coke and skunk.

Strange thing happened when the fireworks were going off-(I really loved watching them back then) I said to myself-I'm not enjoying myself.
I thought about it-asked the inner self why? I wasn't enjoying life-period.
It was the end of the run-spent everything I had in life-the collections, what $$$ I could even scrounge up-in debt to the man for what I bought on credit.
A sordid type of a life for sure.
So I quit-right there-made up my mind-took that fork in the road.
When I told the room mates and the landlord(dealer) that I was going to quit after that night. (The old joke reply was "sex"?) No-drugs I replied.
I still can hear the pack of laughter in my head today as they thought that was funnier!

Just to put it into some perceptive. I had turned 29 just back 5 weeks before-shot up once for every year-went down 5 times that day-but still I managed to live for some reason.:dontknow:

Probably it was a great sigh of relief to that guardian angel that saved this butt from so many dark dives in life, that I took that fork in the road. :laughing7:

When I see somebody down and out, I don't throw a coin to help, no, most the coin can do is only going to help them fend off that fork in the road decision in life.
They have to decide to take that other fork in the road first-and if they had, they wouldn't be there now asking for the coin.
Sounds cold to many--but from the cold past I kind of know that it really isn't that coin that will change anything.
One has to change themselves first from that what ever that put them there in the first place.

Well that's what it is-now back to real life.

Hope everyone has a great day-for what ever this May 24 weekend holiday brings them.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
[h=1]Victoria Day in 2021[/h]In 2021 the Victoria Day holiday is on Monday, May 24.
Victoria Day is a Canadian statutory holiday celebrated on the Monday preceding May 25 in every province and territory. It honours Queen Victoria's birthday.
In Quebec this holiday is called "National Patriotes Day" (Journée nationale des patriotes or Fête des Patriotes).
Victoria Day is also commonly referred to as the "May two-four weekend" or the "May long weekend" and it marks the unofficial start of the cottage season where cases of beer* are consumed by hard working Canadians. That's what we heard anyway. Or maybe it's called May two-four because May 24, 1819 is Queen Victoria's birthday :-)
FYI: Prince Edward (1767–1820) after whom PEI was named was Queen Victoria's father.
Victoria Day is a non-statutory "general" holiday in the maritime provinces of New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and PEI. In Quebec the National Patriots' Day is commemorted on this day.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did "the girl with a bell" come up in conversation :)

heh heh heh

Kevin is a joker for sure....but we had a lot to cover in a short time, so it was go go go !! One of just a few people who can match my energy levels !! Ive lost my voice, im beat up physically, and im licking several wounds. Batteling big fish, and braving the pounding surf has taken a toll...but ive got my battery on charge now....I just had the best nights sleep in weeks. Gosh it feels great to be sitting here in my PJs talking to you guys....wooooo hoooo !! What a great trip !!

Last edited:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well today is another anniversary notch on the calendar of sobriety from drugs-34yrs.

It was the May 24 weekend watching/party hardy at Ashbridge's Bay fireworks in Toronto.
Just doing the normal get higher than a kite night, watching the fireworks that would be going off.

Strange thing happened when the fireworks were going off-(I really loved watching them back then) I said to myself-I'm not enjoying myself.
It was the end of the run-spent everything I had in life-the collections, what $$$ I could even scrounge up-in debt to the man for what I bought on credit.
When I told the room mates and the landlord(dealer) that I was going to quit after that night. (The old joke reply was "sex"?) No-drugs I replied.
I still can hear the pack of laughter in my head today as they thought that was funnier!

Just to put it into some perceptive. I had turned 29 just back 5 weeks before-shot up once for every year-went down 5 times that day-but still I managed to live for some reason.:dontknow:

Probably it was a great sigh of relief to that guardian angel that saved this butt from so many dark dives in life, that I took that fork in the road. :laughing7:

When I see somebody down and out, I don't throw a coin to help, no, most the coin can do is only going to help them fend off that fork in the road decision in life.
They have to decide to take that other fork in the road first-and if they had, they wouldn't be there now asking for the coin.
Sounds cold to many--but from the cold past I kind of know that it really isn't that coin that will change anything.
One has to change themselves first from that what ever that put them there in the first place.

Hope everyone has a great day-for what ever this May 24 weekend holiday brings them.

Good for you pepper....it takes some kind of courage to get through addiction like that !! Congrats on the most important anniversary of your life. I must think that you would be dead, and unable to celabrate your marriage anniversary. Your one of the lucky ones to get through that. Now go kiss your wife and pet your dog. Breathe in that fresh air today and savor the life you have now !! Woooo hoooo !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
16218706940881721183917.jpg
Blue and white marlin PJs ARC :laughing7: what would you expect from a fisherman !!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other

My heartiest "well done" too you Sir.
One can win many or few fights. But holding ones own demons back are the hardest.
And you are right about enabling with a handout. Vs. a hand up.

Ladyfriend and I note how many hearty partiers are gone from the village we used to be in.
Hey we partied with them too. But not full time hardcore.
Good folks many of them. But self destructive at the same time. Leading to premature dying hard.

[The Road Not Taken
BY ROBERT FROST
Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I–
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.]

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
View attachment 1927503
Blue and white marlin PJs ARC :laughing7: what would you expect from a fisherman !!

Please turn in your pirate card at the door on the way out.

Everybody knows that pirates sleep in their clothes with an empty bottle of rum in one hand.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jim,

Good for you ditching the hard drugs...lost some buddies over the years to them unfortunately.

Luckily in my case hard drugs weren't my thing just booze and even that now just down to beer.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It won't happen - sad face :(
See he has the mitt with the Spanish silver up on the banner still=but only 2 spot from disappearing.

I'd be more than happy to have my cladfests voted in as banners. That oughta shove those two spots off in a Big Hurry!! :tongue3:

Congrats Bart!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Checking with Kevin before I post a full post on the coins. If he's ok with it ill continue. Do not want to make a new friend mad if he does not approve!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread