THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Is the 1st "A" for alien?
No problem with this one.
Tell us more...

Actually would you look at a dog being superior to a human-just that we go behind picking up it's doo-doo......
That would look kinda different from the alien point of view.

Noah_D

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2017
Illinois (prev. NE Ohio)
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Garrett ACE 300, Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well folks, I'm back! Did a bit of detecting along the treasure coast but only ended up with one piece of maybe gold jewelry. I haven't looked at it up close yet though so it's probably just plate. It was a great deal of fun but I discovered beach hunting is not really my thing... too hot, too sandy, too many people haha. Thanks for all the tips Bart!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Mornin all.

I knew someone would quote me before post deletion... :P

What is more fun , unringing a bell ; or mending fence?
Then , there's always the timed sport of putting toothpaste back in a tube...

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh my god....you guys won't believe this.....the company that removed all the sand from my treasure beach just found another 1733 pillar dollar in the sand at the plant !! The owner just called me in a state of shock....I may get down there to search with them for more....im so excited to find the truck loads of sand!!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Resized_20210609_104804.jpeg Resized_20210609_104809.jpeg
Wooooo hooooo....more treasure....gonna go after hours and try to find some more at the plant where the sand d is stored !! Woooo hoooo !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well folks, I'm back! Did a bit of detecting along the treasure coast but only ended up with one piece of maybe gold jewelry. I haven't looked at it up close yet though so it's probably just plate. It was a great deal of fun but I discovered beach hunting is not really my thing... too hot, too sandy, too many people haha. Thanks for all the tips Bart!

Well Noah im glad you got the experience.....it took much patience and many years before I found my first treasure coin. If it was easy everyone would be doing it.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh my god....you guys won't believe this.....the company that removed all the sand from my treasure beach just found another 1733 pillar dollar in the sand at the plant !! The owner just called me in a state of shock....I may get down there to search with them for more....im so excited to find the truck loads of sand!!

Bunch of slackers letting the company suck up them old pillars.... L.O.L..!

How many per tons of sand you think they'll reclaim? (No , don't buy the company just yet...)

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There good people RC...Im hoping the flaming cross of Goa is in that sand !!:laughing7::laughing7:

Last edited:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RC....there's definitely more, and there could be fantastic and wonderful golden treasures in that sand too !! Church gold !!

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
My buddy PhipsFolly saved a life yesterday. An older gent (70ish) was floundering around out in the surf on the second reef and kept getting knocked down by the waves until he couldn't keep his head up as a rip current kept pulling him under. His wife was standing on the beach waving, so Phips went down and asked her if he needed help, and she said yes. Phips jumped in with his clothes on and dragged the guy to shore. The guy was so wore out he couldn't even stand up. Then a lifeguard finally walked over and asked if everything was ok (!). Guess he was too busy working on his suntan while the guy almost drowned. (Probably would have been all over it if it had been a bikini that needed help).

Turns out the guy was a Viet Nam vet. He was wearing a bracelet that was given to him by a fellow soldier he saved in combat. (In Viet Nam these bracelets were passed on to the next person who saves your life.) He gave his bracelet to Phips. Phips didn't want to take it, but the guy said "You saved my life, just like I saved the life of the man who gave it to me. Take it."

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My buddy PhipsFolly saved a life yesterday. An older gent (70ish) was floundering around out in the surf on the second reef and kept getting knocked down by the waves until he couldn't keep his head up as a rip current kept pulling him under. His wife was standing on the beach waving, so Phips went down and asked her if he needed help, and she said yes. Phips jumped in with his clothes on and dragged the guy to shore. The guy was so wore out he couldn't even stand up. Then a lifeguard finally walked over and asked if everything was ok (!). Guess he was too busy working on his suntan while the guy almost drowned. (Probably would have been all over it if it had been a bikini that needed help).

Turns out the guy was a Viet Nam vet. He was wearing a bracelet that was given to him by a fellow soldier he saved in combat. (In Viet Nam these bracelets were passed on to the next person who saves your life.) He gave his bracelet to Phips. Phips didn't want to take it, but the guy said "You saved my life, just like I saved the life of the man who gave it to me. Take it."

Phipps is a stand up guy... glad to know he is a member of Tnet.

Action was needed... and he acted... well done.

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Bart, where were you getting bottles on SThomas?
I was getting them off Tortola, but that whole place is closed....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions