THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the water around north Hassell Island?? I think thats the name of the island ?? Old man said go up on the hill and throw a bottle off...wherever it lands you should snorkel !! He was right...I found black glass all over that island !!
You should do the cruise ship docks if there's no ships coming in from covid !!

Yes, it is Hassel Island...
Cruise ship docks are a little tricky these days with Homeland...still get the rich/famous super yachts in there...Rising Sun has finally left for the season to the Med...surprisingly, the over $1million a week charters are really popular.

Virgin Islands are overrun with chickens.....

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Phipps is a stand up guy... glad to know he is a member of Tnet.
Action was needed... and he acted... well done.
It was a good thing he was there, because the lifeguards clearly did not do their job.

Yes....I herd that story too....Mike is good people and would do it for any of us...its what he does !! Boatload glad you keep such good company....your a lucky man to keep his company he often trips on more treasure than most of us can find !!
Yes, a great guy to have as a dive buddy. There are few people I would trust my life with, Mike is one of them.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Good mid morning, pirates and piratesses!

Pep, you are surrounded by chicks? Is that everything it is clucked up to be? :laughing9:

Bart, I am glad those guys rescued some treasure and artifact. I hope they find more of it!

Xaos, good luck hunting for bottles.

Noah, Glad you are back.

Rook, it is about time for an updated pic of Miss Sadie.

Bill, I made Italian sausage for home made pizza last night. I used 1/2 of what the recipe called for of crushed red pepper. Oooh baby, still too peppery for us! Ruined what would of been an excellent pizza. Try again.

Baotlode, Pass on a "Well done, sir," to PhippsFolly.

Relchair, LOL! You are trying to further my pro- angler stint. Well, thank you, but, it is not in the cards this year. Too much on my plate right now.

That being said...

ARC, I will be going a shore for a spell. I may get to check in. Don't none of ya worries about me. I will be heavily guarded by approx. 100 handsome heroes. Oh, and there will be rum and wine. So, I am good. Um, ye may wish to pray for them. :laughing7:

So, it seems all the piratesses will be off the ship, unless Sheperdess, MsBeeps or Goldilocks reappear. Can ye be trusted? :angel12:

Duty calls. :icon_salut:

Tyme flyes when you're havin' rum.

Last edited:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good to see you're retirement is so laid back WD.
:laughing7:X5

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Finally good morning everybody. 16 to 20” of rain in places in the area. They say it’s gonna slack off tomorrow. I’m kinda glad I decided not to have a garden this year.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Finally good morning everybody. 16 to 20” of rain in places in the area. They say it’s gonna slack off tomorrow. I’m kinda glad I decided not to have a garden this year.

I'd be happy to have 16-20mm of rain.

16-20" now that's down right crazy wet.

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I dug a toe ring on the beach. I don't know what to do with it. Does MsBeeps wear toe rings?

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
bill
I saw barts pad in your post.I didn’t know he was selling.I believe it was the 3.6 mil one. Nice bart.:laughing7:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Nice find on the toe ring Boatlode. I found one in Gulf Shores 2 years ago. Gave it to one of my Grand girls.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goodnight my fellow T-Netians.

C u n am.

Gene Mean

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2016
Central NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
Equinox 800
Eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Has anyone ever found a body, skeleton, NA remains, helped solve a murder? Sometimes when I detect I think about this when I'm way out in the stix because things are very remote sometimes.

Gene

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gene,

First off welcome to the thread. The only find I made remotely similar to what you were referring to was an old metal cigarette case at the base of a tree. It had a name and a date of birth and death probably only about 1 year or so apart.

Just guessing it was probably some kid's gold fish that was buried....I returned it to the spot where it was found.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well yesterday afternoon I smashed 1380 Gypsy Moth caterpillars off the Blueberry bushes. It's just plumb crazy where one just goes :dontknow:.
Seems like everyday there's a tick trying to make me a popsicle for a meal.

Broody has 9 babies now under her, was fun watching her playing mother hen getting them all together after me and the Mrs were messing with them.
7 months old and she's right on the care.
Seems that Bubbles the rooster comes over to check on the new family a few times a day-he should be right proud.

I forgot to say that the resident Eastern Fly catcher's babies flew away-9 days from hatching-to leaving home. (bet some folks wish it was that quick) :laughing7:

Hope everyone had a good day-Just think tomorrow is TGIF!

Gene Mean

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2016
Central NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
Equinox 800
Eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well yesterday afternoon I smashed 1380 Gypsy Moth caterpillars off the Blueberry bushes. It's just plumb crazy where one just goes :dontknow:.
Seems like everyday there's a tick trying to make me a popsicle for a meal.

Broody has 9 babies now under her, was fun watching her playing mother hen getting them all together after me and the Mrs were messing with them.
7 months old and she's right on the care.
Seems that Bubbles the rooster comes over to check on the new family a few times a day-he should be right proud.

I forgot to say that the resident Eastern Fly catcher's babies flew away-9 days from hatching-to leaving home. (bet some folks wish it was that quick) :laughing7:

Hope everyone had a good day-Just think tomorrow is TGIF!

Exciting times for sure! I feel bad when I slice a worm.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Has anyone ever found a body, skeleton, NA remains, helped solve a murder? Sometimes when I detect I think about this when I'm way out in the stix because things are very remote sometimes.

Gene

NA remains along a river bank while looking for arrowheads-pre 1967. Looked for the bridgework of a murder victim for the Sheriff on Anna Marie Island. Grave stones out in the bush-just a month or so back.
20210422_171645.jpg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread