THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Finished processing up the blueberries and the ones that were too ripe got put in the pot.
Result after 9 hrs of low heat a freezer jam, pure berries, no sugar added.
I will use some to make up some maple syrup candy later on this week.
That's a easy one, only 2 hrs of simmer.
I did one candy up a few years ago using Haskaps/Blueberry jam mix.
The candy is kept in the freezer as well as it gets soft at room temperature.
It was a hit among all of the folks.
20210726_204740.jpg

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mary took 2nd. place (Silver) yesterday .One more competition for her remaining .:occasion14:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Mary took 2nd. place (Silver) yesterday .One more competition for her remaining .:occasion14:
Proud moments for those that know her-best of luck to her in the remaining event.

It brings me back in time that I can still shed a tear today of my dear cousin:
Having ran beside him in cross country-while pacing him till 3/4 mark he'd look over and say see you at the finish line he'd turn on the burner, and he was gone......:hello:

I remember we were throwing rocks one time off the railway, towards the grumpy caretakers shack of the marina.
Not even getting close to the structure actually, but an attempt at vetting the childhood anger of getting the boot from getting caught fishing in the marina.

Reno came on the scene and threw a rock-bang off the metal roof of the shack-we all turned and were looking for a sling shot - just the arm - a natural athlete.

REINO KESKI-SALMI - ONE OF CANADA'S GREATEST SKIERS.

Larch Hills ski club will host, on January 25, the 36th running of the Reino Keski-Salmi Loppet. It's probable that many of the participants in this years event know very little about the man that the event was named for.
Reino was born on June 9th 1957 in Lapua, Finland. His family immigrated to Canada when Reino was only six and settled in Sicamous, British Columbia. A year later, the family moved to the nearby community of Canoe, then eventually to Salmon Arm where Reino attended Shuswap Junior High.
As a child, Reino excelled in track and field sports and was well-known as a “runner.” However, his love for sports didn’t end there. Reino tried his hand at hockey, soccer, hiking, hang-gliding, biking, wind surfing, kayaking, river rafting, and downhill skiing. But, his true passion was for cross country skiing, a sport he took up at the age of 17.
Reino worked hard at his skiing over the years, adding technique to the amazing strength and stamina that he possessed. Soon he was dominating all the local ski races, and it was obvious that he was something very special. It wasn't long before he was skiing nationally and internationally.
Reino won countless races, awards, and titles. During his career, he won eight gold, eleven silver, and two bronze medals at the Canadian senior and junior championships. He was men’s national overall champion in 1980 and won gold medals in the 50-kilometer race in 1984 and 1980, and the 30-kilometer in 1981.
Reino, also had notable results on the World Cup circuit. He won the Great American Ski Chase series of marathon races in 1982 and was runner-up in 1981. Many say he was one of Canada’s brightest hopes for an Olympic medal in 1988.
Cross Country skiing has never been a lucrative sport in Canada. Alex Harvey is probably the only Canadian X-C skier who has made more than just a living from his sport. Reino did what other skiers did, worked hard in the summer so he could afford to race in the winter. Reino's summer job was on a Rap-Attack crew. These are forest fire fighters who are helicoptered in to a forest fire and the rappel down to fight the fire. It was a tough and dangerous job and on June 29th 1985, Reino Keski-Salmi was killed in a helicopter accident in the Selkirk Mountain region of British Columbia en-route to a bush fire. He was only 28 years old.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Mornin all.

Big city trip to prosthetics place again today. I really don't want to go. Not due to the goins ons. But the trip and traffic I guess.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Mornin all.

Big city trip to prosthetics place again today. I really don't want to go. Not due to the goins ons. But the trip and traffic I guess.

There's the upside to this RC, you might be walking to the deer stand come fall.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
There's the upside to this RC, you might be walking to the deer stand come fall.

Speaking of which , I'm so far behind on the hunting property , it ain't funny.

Should know better , but a nonprofit group wants help with land management for disabled hunters.
Out of my self imposed cruising range , but I'm debating visiting the site next month.
I'm all for getting folks over the "hump" of getting out again after becoming disabled. Or getting out for the first time .
Besides , I've lost my disabled hunting partner , and another disabled hunter we used to cheer on. Running out of peers.

Huge scale compared to what I've been doing. But I've studied much along the way too.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use to be big into prepping for the hunt,then I found 'Wilbur' and HE does all the work.Covering 1/4 mile in all directions:) 002.JPG

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The black cat is blind >>

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Keeping it simple for supper tonight spaghetti with home made kale pesto. I'll put together a salad with fixings from the garden, leaf lettuce, small cukes and some cherry tomatoes along with some green onions Should be tasty!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Survived the trip.

Prosthetic socket is now to be sent to another part of the state for finish lamination of the exterior. Some composite I've forgotten the name of.
When asked for color /design I asked for black with skull and crossbones. They're still looking for such ...L.o.l. we'll see.
Told them any color but a specific pink ,I'm not particular. It's for wearing , not for looking at.

The "leg" was not charged before my visit , (it's been staying there , not with me at home or it would have been) to allow knee to work.
Powered through fighting the teen digits weight to walk anyways. Just with the knee/leg locked , instead of flexing/swinging.

The "socket " in this picture is much longer than mine. A socket fits what you have to fit it too.
We are going with the "bikini" style. With padded ratchet straps atop my hips to hold it on. Abbreviated socket , more than what is pictured. But the picture shows my type set up , including the "Helix" hip joint.
The following link tells about my C-Leg. (Otto Bock Company built.)
The C-Leg is the knee. Roll off the front of foot to trip the knee while walking basically. No knee equals 200% more effort to walk than without one.
Modified (or regular) hip disarticulation as I have means throwing pelvis on that side to cause swing forward.
I have just enough to attach to to try to help that action. Not enough to do it all. So a cane is required. Or face sobriety test for staggering about rather wobbly.

helix_hip_system_1_1_teaser_onecolumn_border.jpg

https://www.ottobockus.com/prosthet...cs/solution-overview/c-leg-above-knee-system/

Last edited:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Survived the trip.

Prosthetic socket is now to be sent to another part of the state for finish lamination of the exterior. Some composite I've forgotten the name of.
When asked for color /design I asked for black with skull and crossbones. They're still looking for such ...L.o.l. we'll see.
Told them any color but a specific pink ,I'm not particular. It's for wearing , not for looking at.

The "leg" was not charged before my visit , (it's been staying there , not with me at home or it would have been) to allow knee to work.
Powered through fighting the teen digits weight to walk anyways. Just with the knee/leg locked , instead of flexing/swinging.

The "socket " in this picture is much longer than mine. A socket fits what you have to fit it too.
We are going with the "bikini" style. With padded ratchet straps atop my hips to hold it on. Abbreviated socket , more than what is pictured. But the picture shows my type set up , including the "Helix" hip joint.
The following link tells about my C-Leg. (Otto Bock Company built.)
The C-Leg is the knee. Roll off the front of foot to trip the knee while walking basically. No knee equals 200% more effort to walk than without one.
Modified (or regular) hip disarticulation as I have means throwing pelvis on that side to cause swing forward.
I have just enough to attach to to try to help that action. Not enough to do it all. So a cane is required. Or face sobriety test for staggering about rather wobbly.

attachment.php

https://www.ottobockus.com/prosthet...cs/solution-overview/c-leg-above-knee-system/

Very nice Steve :icon_thumright::icon_thumleft:

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Joey Jordison, drummer for Metallica, and co-founder and drummer for Slipknot, died in his sleep this morning. Rest in Peace Joey, you're a legend.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joey Jordison, drummer for Metallica, and co-founder and drummer for Slipknot, died in his sleep this morning. Rest in Peace Joey, you're a legend.

Drummer for Metallica ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread