THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good morning to the crew. Will be doing some detecting this a.m. instead of my usual walk I'll see if I can scrounge up something worth posting.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning everyone.....good luck bill !!

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Good morning ��

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ARC,

Yep that's the idea there's a sports field with mutiple soccer fields....I'll probably move some of the benches on the sidelines and see if I can scrounge up some jewelry items that we're lost over the years.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today is the craziest day in the keys....its lobster miniseason....total chaos and the busiest 2 days of boating all year long !! Not sure how many people will die but its guaranteed that some will lose there life in pursuit of lobster. I will stay home....keep off the highway, and stay away from the water and maybe ill make it through another lobster mini season. This is officer doobie... he has been in my life since I was a small boy....he has busted me for breaking the law, and he has helped me when I needed it most.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty cool.
Just watched 2 bucks in the back yard licking the velvet off each others antlers.In a few months they'll be fighting each other for the ladies :)

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bart
Interesting video,thanks.But it only lasts for 2 days ? And that 3" head measurement is called a 'chick' lobster,correct ?

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bart
Interesting video,thanks.But it only lasts for 2 days ? And that 3" head measurement is called a 'chick' lobster,correct ?

Roger....it is the most confusing and fluid set of regulations for any animal in the sea....rules change every year and each county has different rules. The mini season takes place before the regular season starts on August 6th. It gives people a chance to get some lobsters before the licensed trappers drop all there traps in. Guesstimates of 2 million lobsters being caught in 2 days are pretty close !! 3 inch minimum head length to keep one....it can not have eggs no matter how big !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Roger....officer doobie will set up a road block at the tip of the keys pretty close to my house. Instead of chasing people all over the water, he will stop you when your leaving the keys. When you exit the keys and your towing a boat they will pull you over and check your coolers and count your lobster....if your breaking the law your boat will be impounded, and you will stay in jail until court. After the fines and jail time most people will eat at red lobster or switch to steak and never come to the keys again. There's been much talk about stopping this madness....but....too much money is made by everyone during this madness !! Its incredible how much money is generated during this event.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread