THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Headed out to fish....maybe we will chase the showers ?

We ride up and down the reef edge and look for the bait splashing on the surface.....this splashing by the bait is called a "shower", and usally means a predator is chasing the bait. We ride up at speed and quickly cast into the shower hoping to catch the predators....mahi, sailfish, and mackerel are the common targets when chasing showers....this phenomenon only happens for a couple months in the fall, and is alot of fun !!
>>>:)

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
She had grits cooked but nothing was in the skillets. They were heated up but nothing in um. That what I smelled in the bedroom, burning metal. The kitchen was filled with smoke. I ask her what she was cooking and she just said breakfast. I ask at 3 o’clock in the morning? So I sent her to bed and I cleaned up. Kinda scary.
Geesh, rook! That is very scary! I hope that doesn't happen, again!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I'll be looking you up next time boat....I apologize for not contacting you while I was there....pretty rude of me not to say hello....I forgot you were also in vero....hope to see you on the next visit...by all means contact me when you come to dive the keys !! I keep saying ill come up next noreaster, and then there isn't even one noreaster in 2 years !!
No worries BB, anytime. I live in Melbourne but I'm in Vero three or four days out of the week. Sorry you didn't find anything, the 1715 beaches get pounded. But there are still a few "unknown" spots. Phips Folly is a close friend. He wants me to head down to dive the Keys with him but so far I haven't been able to get away. But I will soon.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Jim,
So you got a free accupuncture treatment wtg....considering WD's affection for needles don't think we could convince her short of giving her a knock out pill.....
:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:.

Some people don't believe in them, however, at least for me they worked like a charm.
I sure do wish I could give you the poop reaction. That would have been #2 for you. Pun intended. 😂

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Been busy in the kitchen oven roasted bell peppers, celery root and carrot coleslaw and some home made pesto.
Tomorrow I might try my hand at some home made gnocchi instead of using store bought pasta to go with the pesto.

Attachments

• DSC04158.JPG
    DSC04158.JPG
    314.1 KB · Views: 27
  • DSC04159.JPG
    DSC04159.JPG
    343.1 KB · Views: 28
  • DSC04160.JPG
    DSC04160.JPG
    328.4 KB · Views: 18

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Roger,
like it or not the price of most food products have been on the rise. Luckily between gardening, foraging and making most of our food from scratch we're still fairing pretty well.
Rising and Gouging are 2 different animals.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Roger,
Don't know what you have in your area as options insofar as buying food goes. We do quite a bit of our shopping at ethnic markets and generally the prices are much better than the mainstream supermarkets. They don't have all the layers of management which makes it easier to offer decent prices.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread