THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How about Venison pepperj ?
015.JPG

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
How about Venison pepperj ?
View attachment 1985535
Grew up on venison for the first 10yrs of my life.
Then my family could afford to buy beef.
The 30-06 got traded for the White's GoldMaster.
Still hunted grouse, but got plenty of feeds of venison from friends and family.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I gave the 'Liability Waiver' document to the farmer, but his response was... "sorry, but my decision is final." :sadsmiley:

If anything this will inspire me to get new permissions in my area. The unfortunate part about this is, these fields are all going to be developed in the next few years and they were still producing.

Thanks for your follow up question WD. :icon_thumright:
In this litigious world we find ourselves living, I've found that giving someone Something with all that legalese on it, just puts them off.

A simple, written, signed letter stating that you assume all responsibility for anything that happens to you and that you will hold the owner completely blameless. Just has a better chance of working.

This farmer is a lost cause and I'd push no more. But do attempt to keep as a friend, with no hooks!

Maybe make him a nice display box of interesting things you found on his property. Give it to him as a Christmas gift. Then, let the chips fall where they may. You might even get invited back sometime.

Oh! And also? This farmer got talked into his action by a neighbor or something? Tell him, "Oh! By the way? I saw your neighbor on your property when I was passing by late one night. He was digging massive holes!"
:angel12:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If it came from a plant, eat it; if it was made in a plant, don't.
Jim, Whether it's plant based, meat, fish, etc....we try to keep it on the simple side. Less processing the better take a look at some of the processed foods even the vegan meat knock offs and some of the ingredients looks like Monsanto made them....lol.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The Mrs bought a small container of ice cream at the local farm grocery store.
Had it last night and I decided that we'll make our own as I didn't care for the watery taste it had.
Stuff melted so fast once it hit the warm air.
We bought an ice cream maker a while back-now it's a winter project to perfect before next summer.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Cold evening!
I was underdressed and deer all around me this afternoon.
Deer of all types.
Brought a revolver to resist shooting one. They wouldn't get close , right?
Wrong.
Held the sights on one about ten yards away. Left it alone.
Later one heck of a buck I'd been getting peaks at was back and closer.
Bucks chasing doe.
A couple different doe kicked at other doe with front legs.

Lots of watching time....

Then the second largest buck started towards me. Then got well within range. Close enough to hear the hammer being cocked. (I don't want to say how close...)
Two shots (high and clear) later he went and stood at a distance looking around. While the biggest buck peeked around cover to look for the cause of the commotion. He's quite a brute....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread