THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Morning WD
Sounds like a great plan-better than playing bumper/hitch/release mate.....:laughing7:
Morning Pepperj. Yes it does. A couple years ago we were at the Lorain ramp. It was iced over and I slipped and started to slide down the ramp. Thankfully, some guy grabbed me by the coveralls and pulled me up.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Morning Pepperj. Yes it does. A couple years ago we were at the Lorain ramp. It was iced over and I slipped and started to slide down the ramp. Thankfully, some guy grabbed me by the coveralls and pulled me up.
Back in the mid 70's my cousin had this old Datsun pick up, the most gutless motor-sewing machine had more oomph!!
I was on the tongue riding down the ramp to do a release, let the boat go, and yelled ok, truck kept going back, go ahead I kept yelling!!!
The truck didn't have enough power to go forward up the ramp that morning.

OK need to go home and get some dry clothing-ass>>>>!!

Another early morning fishing trip
The truck is sputtering/farting/coughing up and we had to go over an uncontrolled R/R crossing in town to the launch.
I hear the train whistle blaring! I look down the track and there's the engine coming right at us.
Two coughs/burp/fart the truck got over the crossing just in time!
Seriously you need to think of replacing this POS!!
(Weird I just had a little jolt to the body thinking/remembering-seeing that knuckle on the front end of the engine 45yrs ago!)

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Mornin all.

Boat bow eye snagger looks sweet.

Ahh the greasy launch concrete!
I put sheet metal screws , one through each crutch tip to reduce slipping. Doesn't really help the foot get traction though.
And more importantly , got to remember there are screws BEFORE going onto linoleum.....

Rain all night. Raining good still.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mornin all.

I put sheet metal screws , one through each crutch tip to reduce slipping. Doesn't really help the foot get traction though.
And more importantly , got to remember there are screws BEFORE going onto linoleum.....

Its not grease... but algae.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20211025_113441.jpg
I think these are the ancient remains of 4 shallow wells dug by spanish survivors in 1733....these were hidden from view until irma, and then eta. These storms stripped the vegetation away for these to be seen. I would wager im the only person who's found them and probably the only person that will go check to confirm !! Its a known area of 1733 treasure finds....I believe there's more and ill start here !! Every single camp has had treasure so far !! The one thing so many people overlook is that the treasure of the 1733 fleet was all brought ashore !! Not much was left in the wrecks and you can guarantee the best treasures were carried ashore including another million pesos of smuggled treasure!!

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Mornin all.

Good morning releventchair. Maybe need slip on ice cleats for the foot. BTW, how are you doing with the prosthetic?

Rained all night here also. Just gray skies and windy.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Good morning releventchair. Maybe need slip on ice cleats for the foot. BTW, how are you doing with the prosthetic?

Rained all night here also. Just gray skies and windy.
Still sore from last Thurs. Was on it an hour. Walking the" track". Then steps. Ramps. Uneven surfaces. Cushioned surface ect..
This coming Thurs.'s appointment was cancelled on me today.

Goin better though.
I just need to wear it a while every other day to build strength. , Vs everyday for endurance. (My opinion.)
Weighs about 18 pounds.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
But , enough grease reduces algae adhesion.
No barnacles here either , must be the grease.
Though we do have zebra mussels now in many places. (Frown.)
Now throw geese sheet into the mix with Zebra mussels, and it can be a cutting edge slip.
Fresh water barnacles

Bought a full hulled Skipperliner house boat, had it hauled out after the first season.
The yard crew were about to pressure wash off the hull, and commented that it seen many years of sitting in the water, and we should do a free lift out every season.
I said it had been in the water for 5 months!
The Zebras had totally coated the bottom and were tripled up in some places.
Turned out the previous owner used Tremclad paint instead of anti-fowling. :laughing7:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
So the feedback on the automatic boatloader"

1. They fail sometimes
2. Some guys like them
3. Most guys don't
4. I'll stick with what I got (He has those steps attached up front. They are nice as long as you remember not to hit your head on the trolling motor like I did:tongue3:)
5. Thanks for looking out for him. (LOL I still scored brownie points)

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So the feedback on the automatic boatloader"

1. They fail sometimes
2. Some guys like them
3. Most guys don't
4. I'll stick with what I got (He has those steps attached up front. They are nice as long as you remember not to hit your head on the trolling motor like I did:tongue3:)
5. Thanks for looking out for him. (LOL I still scored brownie points)
??? Facebook & this site both show a 4.5 out of 5 ???
>> https://www.boat2trailerhookup.com/drotto-catch-and-release-boat-latch-reviews/

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, now, he is only going by what he has heard around lake Erie and his buddies. And most of them have competent fishing/boating partners (I am not), so it's not a big need for them. I really thought he would like it. What can I say? He's hard to please, sometimes. I have seen a few guys struggling to get their boat out by themselves. I would think that it would be very handy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread