THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry been gone all day... catch up in morn... just popped in but got sidetracked earlier with Pepper J's treasure post.... UNREAL...

That IS.... THE BEST EVER metal detecting video.

There IMO is ne/o better.. Thanks' for that Pepper... that video is burned in my head.

Anyway... I am off.

G night. c u n a.m

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OV, Have you ever smoked any of the salmon you caught? One of my brothers who lived in Southern BC had a smoke house. He'd smoke salmon also make sausages from moose meat and smoke them also. Between that and his garden produce he didn't buy alot of groceries except beer and booze....:laughing7: :laughing7::laughing7:
Yes. Smoked salmon is goooood. I now have a Z grills wood pellet smoker so salmon is next. It is very efficient but small. It was used for venison already. I have experimented with different brines, hot, sweet etc.

Last edited:

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My cousin is a geneologist, which is partly why I know so much about my families history. She wrote a book on my family history once they reached America, and I use that book constantly for research on my own.

Recently she's been diving into the family that stayed behind in Germany, and never emigrated to America. They were farmers, bankers, lawyers, all living in Trier, and little towns in the area along the Moselle River in Germany, and across the border into France a little bit. (so technically I have some Frenchie blood, even though they have the old German name. :laughing7:)

She also found soldiers, and a bunch of them. Most served in the Franco-Prussian war of 1870-1871. She found five of them that served in WWI, and two in WWII. Mind you they are very distant cousins, not directly related. It's very cool to have that lineage, even the WWI bit. I'm a bit concerned about my WWII cousins though, however distant they may be. She's trying to see if they belonged to a um... certain "party", but hasn't found anything about it yet. One of them was killed in Russia in 1943.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My cousin is a geneologist, which is partly why I know so much about my families history. She wrote a book on my family history once they reached America, and I use that book constantly for research on my own.

Recently she's been diving into the family that stayed behind in Germany, and never emigrated to America. They were farmers, bankers, lawyers, all living in Trier, and little towns in the area along the Moselle River in Germany, and across the border into France a little bit. (so technically I have some Frenchie blood, even though they have the old German name. :laughing7:)

She also found soldiers, and a bunch of them. Most served in the Franco-Prussian war of 1870-1871. She found five of them that served in WWI, and two in WWII. Mind you they are very distant cousins, not directly related. It's very cool to have that lineage, even the WWI bit. I'm a bit concerned about my WWII cousins though, however distant they may be. She's trying to see if they belonged to a um... certain "party", but hasn't found anything about it yet. One of them was killed in Russia in 1943.
Rusty, Glad you're keeping well, insofar as the German side of the family is concerned I wouldn't sweat it. Keep in mind anyone who's in the military regardless of country is pretty much commited to the cause whether or not they believe in it or not. Just comes with the territory.

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Rusty, Glad you're keeping well, insofar as the German side of the family is concerned I wouldn't sweat it. Keep in mind anyone who's in the military regardless of country is pretty much commited to the cause whether or not they believe in it or not. Just comes with the territory.

We went as far back as the Teutonic Knights! Deus Vult, lol.

It's interesting, that's for sure.

It's weird thinking about it. I had ancestors fighting on both sides of the same war, twice. And it wasn't even the American Civil War.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Morning All :wave:
Hope you've all had so much turkey, that you don't want to see another hot turkey sandwich until Christmas. :laughing7:
Who's seeing turkey ? After that Spanish treasure find all I'm seeing is pieces of 8 :BangHead::occasion14:

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Who's seeing turkey ? After that Spanish treasure find all I'm seeing is pieces of 8 :BangHead::occasion14:
I watched the video and he certainly was a lot calmer then I would've been finding all that gold. :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread