THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I sent a e-mail to this company to see IF they could make one (from my gold that I've panned):)
>> https://www.montereycompany.com/thank-you/?submissionGuid=1b2e63ca-4d16-4524-b3fe-07d4374a7261
If not, maybe they know who can. So far (trying to get this done) all these companies want to make a Min. of 50 coins .
Some company has got to make copies .But I haven't been able to locate one yet :BangHead:

Could go out on a limb and inquire among some custom jewelers.
The lost wax method may be an option. But they would know better.

Cuttleshell would allow you a go of it though finishing crude casting would likely result in multiple attempts.
Sprue and gating /venting would result in left overs.

Melting to a pouring temp has to be the start of having a process. That's where a (well certain one's ) jeweler would be handy.

Had a co worker that had a habit of having custom gold jewelry made.
Used to tease him he'd drown if he fell in a lake , he wore so much.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could go out on a limb and inquire among some custom jewelers.
The lost wax method may be an option. But they would know better.

Cuttleshell would allow you a go of it though finishing crude casting would likely result in multiple attempts.
Sprue and gating /venting would result in left overs.

Melting to a pouring temp has to be the start of having a process. That's where a (well certain one's ) jeweler would be handy.

Had a co worker that had a habit of having custom gold jewelry made.
Used to tease him he'd drown if he fell in a lake , he wore so much.
Thanks much :) I've been working on this idea for a loooooong time now. Figured the Fisher Museum would know(they sell reproductions) who makes them.I called them a while back they gave me a jeweler's # in key West . And got No answer on the phone, and no email replies.:(:(

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning everyone, not so great for me started getting sick two days ago felt really sleepy, muscles felt heavy, headache, then yesterday sores in my mouth started that hurt so bad and my gums hurt. Also any bad teeth I have hurt so much worse with whatever is going on. I'm not having a pleasant time I even avoid eating

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Good morning everyone, not so great for me started getting sick two days ago felt really sleepy, muscles felt heavy, headache, then yesterday sores in my mouth started that hurt so bad and my gums hurt. Also any bad teeth I have hurt so much worse with whatever is going on. I'm not having a pleasant time I even avoid eating
Good morning, JVA5th. I am sorry to hear you are sick. Pump in the clear fluids. I hope you feel better soon.

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning, JVA5th. I am sorry to hear you are sick. Pump in the clear fluids. I hope you feel better soon.
Thank you I hope so too. I feel so miserable trying to eat is far too painful. I think whatever I'm sick with triggered some sort of bacterial infection that spread in my mouth and it's just not fun.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you I hope so too. I feel so miserable trying to eat is far too painful. I think whatever I'm sick with triggered some sort of bacterial infection that spread in my mouth and it's just not fun.
Bad teeth = bad health.
I'm no dentist fan but do go.
Been putting off a distant city visit to get an implant checked. My dentist referred me to the place despite my telling him it's too far...

Anyways , for canker sores in the past I used an antacid tablet held in cheek . Preferably in contact.
Not sure how that started , but it helped fairly quick.
Perhaps from my mother using baking soda long ago.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Are you able to see a dr where you are at? You may need something for that.

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you able to see a dr where you are at? You may need something for that.
No I also have no insurance so kind of out of luck and definitely can't afford anything with how expensive everything is

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bad teeth = bad health.
I'm no dentist fan but do go.
Been putting off a distant city visit to get an implant checked. My dentist referred me to the place despite my telling him it's too far...

Anyways , for canker sores in the past I used an antacid tablet held in cheek . Preferably in contact.
Not sure how that started , but it helped fairly quick.
Perhaps from my mother using baking soda long ago.
Sadly I can't afford to see a dentist. I take care of my teeth but bad teeth run in my family. I just know with how bad my teeth have got there's no way I could ever afford to do anything. Also part of me is scared if it because I know my teeth have got horrible.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Sadly I can't afford to see a dentist. I take care of my teeth but bad teeth run in my family. I just know with how bad my teeth have got there's no way I could ever afford to do anything. Also part of me is scared if it because I know my teeth have got horrible.

Being scared doesn't change things for the better.
(Well , if you outrun an angry bear it does....)

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing like the smell of race fuel in the morning...smell like...Victory :)
010.JPG
011.JPG

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Something weird is going on my tongue is white and parts of the inside of my mouth. I have an issue with being a hypocrites so really freaking me out. I'm going to become an anxiety filled mess
Sounds like thrush. Don't freak out. It is very common. Here's a link about the symptoms and keep reading. There are self help measures to take. But you are going to probably need to see a dr. Maybe you have one that does video calls?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread