THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What is technical fabric?

Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 5.38.21 PM.png

I would be certified to buy this at $22,780.00

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah... slip resistance is rated on that page... interesting... but i am more think just overall winter and waterproof.... here in florida it doesnt get ice but it can get really cold.... when outside all day feet get like ice when wet and cold.
We wear Muck boots.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Just got back from the doctor. Got a steroid shot in my old right knee. It’s amazing the difference it made. Now 6 weeks of therapy. Sho are some nice looking chics out there. Think I’ll carry a case of rum with me.:mblah05::laughing7:
Hubby’s therapist was a guy. I got the young lady. Don’t seem right. No fair. But I will say we were both impressed by our therapist. I am still supposed to be doing my exercises (also my right knee). Maybe we can motivate each other?

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah thanks maybe its smarter to go w/a point & shoot instead of these DSLRs. And when it dies just chuck it
I pretty much just use my phone. A month or so ago, I tried to get this star or planet( heck I don’t know astronomy). I watched videos and changed my settings. It didn’t work. I am disappointed that I can’t figure it out. I carried that sucker every day we went fishing and didn’t take one picture. Of course I don’t have any on my phone either. It was the fastest, furious fishing we ever had on the lake. Even others were saying that. Anyway I gave up on the B700. I can only imagine how much more complicated yours is.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Mornin all.
Got a headstart on snow shoveling last night.
Till around midnight.
Like to say I knocked a lot of it out , but every bit helps.

Wet heavy fourish inches maybe.

Folks channeling. L.O.L.. So that's what it's called.
Vacuumed the cloths dryer around the burner and inside cabinet .
Then the refrigerator coils.
Not sure it helped my feeling of furiously treading water annoyance.

One doe sighted near my property on the way to yesterdays hunt with no deer sighted after.
Not even one of the two cats that usually are prowling about. They might not like the weather...
Hawk. Jays. Tweety birds .Geese moving out ahead of last nights snow.
Fox and rabbit tracks in the snow on the short route to the hunting blind. Mice or voles too. A lost or wandering deer left a set for good measure..

Jays there hunt like robins at times.
First noticed a jay with a robin some weeks ago doing the same hop hop pause and listen for anything moving under ground or near surface disturbed by thumping feet.

Maybe jays always have done such at times and I simply didn't notice.
Such things make getting out watching more natural activities interesting.
They were definitely hunting together.
We had to build the house just in front of electric lines that run to another farm. They are right off the back of the house. Ugly but they do have a plus. The birds perch on them. One in particular that started showing up is a little king fisher. He’s a cute little guy. We laugh when his feathers poof up from the wind.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hubby’s therapist was a guy. I got the young lady. Don’t seem right. No fair. But I will say we were both impressed by our therapist. I am still supposed to be doing my exercises (also my right knee). Maybe we can motivate each other?
WD, Maybe you can do a swap with the hubby.....kind of a safe partner swapping scenario....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jim, I don't mind paying for quality, however, there's a limit about 25 or 30 years ago on vacation in Florida. Went into a clothing store in the old part of town in Ft Myers. I spotted a nice looking windbreaker with a silky look to it. Checked the price tag $550 U.S. needless to say I passed.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Jim, I don't mind paying for quality, however, there's a limit about 25 or 30 years ago on vacation in Florida. Went into a clothing store in the old part of town in Ft Myers. I spotted a nice looking windbreaker with a silky look to it. Checked the price tag $550 U.S. needless to say I passed.
I'm at the point where the work threads are falling apart. Need to spend sometime in the good closet to supplement the work wardrobe.
Since becoming a hermit my going out days are gone now, heck the 3 piece suit might work out well on the old tractor. :laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Yep
I start Monday. I hope she’s purdy.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Something that can handle several inches of water.... or more... but yet remain dry and warm.
Dryshod.
Lacrosse.(Alpha Burley has 1000 grams of insulation if you're on ice...)
Baffin.
All decent companies. Multiple offerings depending on your desired environmental need for insulated or uninsulated ,or how much insulation.

Muck boots ruled around here....But quality (specifically durability) has decreased enough to fall out of favor.

Being I wear one boot only usually , I dislike buying them. (!)
I do go oversized for uninsulated ones , and wear a heavy wool sock. (Wool matters!)
Years ago I had thick (3/8 inch or better) wool inserts I acquired seperate that helped much with insulation. And keeping feet dry.

If you are occasional use only , look at farm type rubber boots. (beware of "clayish" rubber. It degrades too fast). Go a size or size in a half larger that street shoes and use a wool sock.
Better yet , bring wool socks to try on boots late in the day when your feet are largest.
Prevent tight fits to prevent osmosis and impaired circulation.
Do get a good ankle fit though. That will help keep boots on in muck ect..
Farm supply type usually have good traction at a decent price point.
Store them dry out of the sun or high heat.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread