THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Roger,
Another work around along the same lines. My neighbour got fed up paying big bucks to repair or replace his gas powered lawn mower. He takes the defective one to a repair shop and swaps it for a reconditioned one. That way he's only out of pocket for $100.
Yeah ya dont mind paying for something that will last.But paying for something that doesn't is another story:(

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Jim,
Thanks for the chuckles I actually did the math on how much we produce food wise in our backyard garden. Considering everything is organic probably about $3,000 worth of produce.
Over the years we have done the CSA (community-supported agriculture)memberships and overall they're great.
Though we have also found they don't quite meet our needs no matter who implements the share.
Not enough lettuce/greens, and too many other items that we really don't use in the daily diet.
So we order from another CSA type plan that has a custom ordering system to supplement our needs.
It seems that we are always short of something-or too much of something when it comes to gardening.:laughing7:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here's a good recipe for Italian style meatballs. That goey mixture of bread and water she's preparing is called a panache. In case you want to impress your friends....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

A bit of background over in Italy because of the cost of meat they used the bread as an extender to make the meat balls go further. When they arrived in North America where meat was cheaper they stopped using it for awhile until they relealized the meatballs were like hockey pucks without it.

Last edited:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Over the years we have done the CSA (community-supported agriculture)memberships and overall they're great.
Though we have also found they don't quite meet our needs no matter who implements the share.
Not enough lettuce/greens, and too many other items that we really don't use in the daily diet.
So we order from another CSA type plan that has a custom ordering system to supplement our needs.
It seems that we are always short of something-or too much of something when it comes to gardening.:laughing7:
Jim, True about that we get a flat of leaf lettuce which has 10 plants and when it gets up to speed we can't keep up and have to share with neighbours and friends. Then come winter we pay through the nose for questionable quality.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Jim, True about that we get a flat of leaf lettuce which has 10 plants and when it gets up to speed we can't keep up and have to share with neighbours and friends. Then come winter we pay through the nose for questionable quality.
A few years back I was looking into a grow unit for basically hydroponics to grow sprouts and lettuces throughout the year.
This unit wasn't a budget priced item if I can recall it was priced out at $6K.
Size of a double fridge, totally self contained, computer monitored analysis for water/bacteria even.
I can't find the unit any longer in my Fav.bookmark history. :BangHead:

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
my new knife! Limited caveman edition!! :laughing7:
:headbang:

88.jpg

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Today is the day that I am going to meet with 2 other Tnetters! So excited! I have heard from one. I hope the other one remembers. I reminded the MR twice, so he wouldn't ask me to do something today. He said , " That's good." Can you believe that? So glad he's finally coming around to this site and what benefits it has to offer! And, uh, Roger, I'll be gussing all up in my cowboy hat so that they recognize me.

See the source image

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A few years back I was looking into a grow unit for basically hydroponics to grow sprouts and lettuces throughout the year.
This unit wasn't a budget priced item if I can recall it was priced out at $6K.
Size of a double fridge, totally self contained, computer monitored analysis for water/bacteria even.
I can't find the unit any longer in my Fav.bookmark history. :BangHead:
Jim, Just sprung for this mini model as a gift for the missus plus some refill plugs, etc...we'll see how it works. You could always try it and add additional units if it suits your purpose without breaking the bank.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Jim, Just sprung for this mini model as a gift for the missus plus some refill plugs, etc...we'll see how it works. You could always try it and add additional units if it suits your purpose without breaking the bank.

Will have to see what they're all about.
Finally got the garlic planted yesterday, covered the 100 cloves with straw. Good timing as is warm today and raining.
Though I'm saving up to be planting this next crop-not sure how it will turn out-cost of living-and all that going up.

D9ACA11E-8FC8-41F9-8B04-A50C76BBDDD9_1_201_a.jpeg

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I love this prepared statement: Good luck with that one folks.

"We regret the inconvenience this situation has caused and appreciate our customers' understanding throughout the package recovery process," the company's statement reads. "Where possible, recovered packages are being delivered to the intended recipients.

"In the event of a damaged shipment, we will make every effort to work with the affected shippers to reach a resolution. As always, customers with questions about their shipments can track their packages by visiting fedex.com."

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jim,
Thanks for the chuckles I actually did the math on how much we produce food wise in our backyard garden. Considering everything is organic probably about $3,000 worth of produce.
Boy! That's a lot of cabbage! :angel12:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread