THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
A few years back I was looking into a grow unit for basically hydroponics to grow sprouts and lettuces throughout the year.
This unit wasn't a budget priced item if I can recall it was priced out at $6K.
Size of a double fridge, totally self contained, computer monitored analysis for water/bacteria even.
I can't find the unit any longer in my Fav.bookmark history. :BangHead:
Read an account of one set up using a small pump to circulate water.
The author used cleaned former yogurt cups (drilled holes around bottoms) and eves trough to hold the cups. (sections of rectangular downspout with holes cut to hold containers).
Ran them at a slight downhill angle towards water reservoir.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
On the menu some ribs done in the slow cooker they'll be finished off in the oven with the missus Asian barbecue concoction. I'll saute up some brussel sprouts and portabello mushrooms with the garlic and balsamic vinegar. We got some Singapore noodles for starch on the side.

Last edited:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
On the menu some ribs done in the slow cooker they'll be finished off in the oven with the missus Asian barbecue concoction. I'll saute up some brussel sprouts and portabello mushrooms with the garlic and balsamic vinegar. We got some Singapore noodles for starch on the side.
This is not the place to relax when the hunger is on.
Walnuts and dried mango before I get too far on the anger. :laughing7:

Need to know Bill pork or beef ribs?

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Speaking of alcohol I’ve only been to Jack Daniel Distillery once, what a great tour. George Dickel is only 32 miles east of there but my bribe thought it was better not to make two tours in a row.:coffee2: Was needed.:laughing7:.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was having a good day...getting ready for bahamas, and beautiful weather.....and then I see swarms of police in my driveway !! I pull up with a huge lump in my throat paralyzed with fear for my family....unfortunately my neighbor, friend, fellow fishing guide, and awsome all around person....Bob...passed away a couple days ago at home. Another friend found him today, and all us neighbors are upset and saddened....my son is taking it badly and it hurts to see him so upset....what a great friend and neighbor.....capt. Bob rest in piece my friend !!

I can hardly look across the street without getting choked up....he was so kind to us over the years...my son especially !!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Was having a good day...getting ready for bahamas, and beautiful weather.....and then I see swarms of police in my driveway !! I pull up with a huge lump in my throat paralyzed with fear for my family....unfortunately my neighbor, friend, fellow fishing guide, and awsome all around person....Bob...passed away a couple days ago at home. Another friend found him today, and all us neighbors are upset and saddened....my son is taking it badly and it hurts to see him so upset....what a great friend and neighbor.....capt. Bob rest in piece my friend !!

I can hardly look across the street without getting choked up....he was so kind to us over the years...my son especially !!
My condolences Bart
Loosing a good friend is never easy as they're rare

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread