THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One must read between the BS when it comes to the 1715.... half of what is said... and has been said is and are figments of various story tellers imagination.

Truth is,... there is LITTLE to NO documentation of any of it... as of yet anyway.

Currently... AS WE TYPE THIS... there are certain individuals who have stumbled upon actual records of this tragedy.

Perhaps soon we shall hear new information which will i am sure surprise and awe and clarify many of these.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Penny loafers and Rolex watches....man I hope there's gold in the swim hole, and I get a chance at it !! I am on the job and have to catch fish !!....all day most trips !!

The swim hole here is tranquil alot and has been relatively in the same spot its whole existence!! Could be a crusher of a spot....we'll see !!
Bart, Good luck hope you come up with the mother lode.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Morning WD,
The plan was for me to fly into Cleveland tomorrow morning, I was going to work for a few days with the Generac Manager in Ohio. But when I checked the airfares to fly from Toronto to Cleveland last week it would've cost almost $1,000cdn! :o

We've decided it's probably best if I travel the second week of January instead, then the rate will be approx. $550cdn. :thumbsup:
$1 per KM is a tad pricey, gee when it's under a 5 hr drive time.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Morning WD,
The plan was for me to fly into Cleveland tomorrow morning, I was going to work for a few days with the Generac Manager in Ohio. But when I checked the airfares to fly from Toronto to Cleveland last week it would've cost almost $1,000cdn! :o

We've decided it's probably best if I travel the second week of January instead, then the rate will be approx. $550cdn. :thumbsup:
Dave, Yeah the business travellers really get dinged by the airlines. I remember often booking a Sunday morning return rather than flying home Friday afternoon. Even with the added day of hotel and meals still saved plenty of money on the airfare.

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
$1 per KM is a tad pricey, gee when it's under a 5 hr drive time.
I was thinking about driving down as well Jim, but last week I put close to 1500kms on my personal vehicle. In the past 4 months I've logged close to 12,000kms on my vehicle and I need to make this vehicle last for at least three years. If I was driving a company vehicle it would be a completely different story as the mileage wouldn't be an issue.

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dave, Yeah the business travellers really get dinged by the airlines. I remember often booking a Sunday morning return rather than flying home Friday afternoon. Even with the added day of hotel and meals still saved plenty of money on the airfare.
This was my thinking as well Bill. With the cost of the flight+taxes, baggage fees and parking my car at the airport for three days, it just doesn't make financial sense for three days of training in the US. :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RTR....... i will share some info with you... CORRECT info... in my own words..

First i will state that this IS actual account from a secret paper.

The Hampton Court was Ubillas Flagship.... and was the FIRST ship to be destoyed...
First she lost her masts...
Then she lost her rudder...
She then struck bottom causing her to list and And as the crew huddled and prayed... most were washed overboard
Where the ship and the crew were smashed onto to the reef...
Completely tearing the entire bottom of the ship away...
The end...
Completely...
For BOTH....
The Ship and its crew.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh... i just remembered.... been awhile... heh...

The "artwork" that you are referring to is a mythical painting... no such event took place...
The ONLY part of this ship "intact" was the poop deck... which was left high and dry on the sand.

THIS DECK was the only thing left... and WAS actually SKETCHED... NOT painted... BECAUSE... for its time this ship had a beautiful deck which was known around the docks and stood out... and to see it washed up and sitting majestically on the sands was eerie and beautiful at the same time.

It was a SKETCH... not a painting done by a Dutch guy who witnessed the scene in the aftermath...

His name was.... errrrrr................

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I was thinking about driving down as well Jim, but last week I put close to 1500kms on my personal vehicle. In the past 4 months I've logged close to 12,000kms on my vehicle and I need to make this vehicle last for at least three years. If I was driving a company vehicle it would be a completely different story as the mileage wouldn't be an issue.
Well if it's coming out of the pocket-then the flying option is the best option.
I heard one time or other there was this thing called.........
"per diem"
Totally Latin to me...:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread