THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to get my Xmas tree from the Xmas tree farm less than a mile from my house(get one every year from the old guy as to support someone local) I decided to ask the guy how old his house is he said it was probably there 100 years or so. I then asked if I could metal detect sometime there and lucky me he said I was welcomed to. So I'm looking forward to the new permission.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went to get my Xmas tree from the Xmas tree farm less than a mile from my house(get one every year from the old guy as to support someone local) I decided to ask the guy how old his house is he said it was probably there 100 years or so. I then asked if I could metal detect sometime there and lucky me he said I was welcomed to. So I'm looking forward to the new permission.
John,
Good score over 100 years must have been a few keepers lost best of luck detecting it!

Last edited:

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too soon?

laughing11.gif

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well if it's coming out of the pocket-then the flying option is the best option.
I heard one time or other there was this thing called.........
"per diem"
Totally Latin to me...:laughing7:
Generac doesn't use the 'per diem' system, I basically spend what I need to for food when I'm on-the-road.

I do get a monthly car allowance and Generac pays for my fuel, but I still need to be aware of the fact that this car has to last me at least three years. It also bothers me that the reps in the US get a company vehicle, a corporate credit card and yet I've had to buy a vehicle and carry the companies expenses on our personal Amex.

I understand this won't always be the situation, as a corporate card is in the works for me from the Generac -owned company I was hired through in Vancouver. :thumbsup:

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This sounds like a great opportunity John, I look forward to seeing your finds. :hello2:

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Jim, pizza is always a good fallback. Come fall we tend to go with some sort of comfort food pasta, stews, casseroles that sort of thing.
My leg is back about 75% from my fall on the ice. The missus picked up a cane at the pharmacy to help me get around. Max one more week and I should be back 100%.
Tomorrow heading off to our stamp club for the last group gathering before the holidays. I'll be taking along my over the boot cleats just in case don't need another tumble with the holidays coming up.
Sorry to hear about your fall Bill, this is definitely a concern as we get older. Hope you're healing up and won't have to use the cane much longer. :icon_thumleft:

Attachments

• senior-cane-cartoon-illustration-elder-man-grandfather-41295700-crop.jpg
    senior-cane-cartoon-illustration-elder-man-grandfather-41295700-crop.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 17

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread