THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
8C316020-0778-4817-B617-4F8AE0FBB051.jpeg
Morning WD
You snuck in on me.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its the toughest thing to realize that I will never see, hear, or talk to my neighbor bob again. So hard to look out and know that all his prized possessions mean nothing anymore. The silence is the worst.....Bob is gone forever.

Never did I dream I would miss him so much.....man this has been tough !!
Remember to consider how your friend would suffer, up there in heaven, knowing how bad his passing is affecting you. Would he want that?

Oh! And BTB? You *will* see him again! Trust me!

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Good morning releventchair and Msbeep.

Mornin WD..

Ohio metal detector recovering team getting any meetings together yet?
Permissions for group hunts?

Groups are thin around me.
But did spot one at a former railroad depot site near here years ago.
They must have traveled a ways.
A couple few miles down the road there was a derailment long ago. Don't know if they knew or sought permission to hunt the site.
The other direction to the creek was where the hobo jungle was .
Bet they didn't hit the area.

Then there were tiny homes that looked more like horse run ins for size. Built from railroad packing/crate material probably. Long gone now. Been decades since I saw the last.
Lots of potential hours for a group in a small area of a community. Once permissioned.

Development has seen sites torn up too.
Buildings razed. Some that were built atop other former structure sites.
Those without obvious hazards offer some history to be salvaged/recovered. IF the owner allows.
Had one house built on a former site a blacksmith homesteaded give me the go ahead.
Across the street and down a ways , wouldn't give me the go ahead.
Ah well. Asking costs little.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning WD, and the rest of our awesome crew!

Figured I'd try to make it on board ship before any thing goes south in my day.
Bart & ARC if you see any of my days down there send them back up here will ya?

Bart you are honoring your friend just by remembering him and sharing him with us.
The losses never go away, we just learn to live with them. He is still a part of your life.

Rook, I know the feeling of being e=challenged I locked myself out of the keyboard the other day....I have no clue how I did it, or how it got fixed.... Magic! :toothy1:

Hello boatlode, see...I do float! : )

Good luck Bart, JVA, WHADIFIND, on your new and interesting hunting grounds.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Good morning WD, and the rest of our awesome crew!

Figured I'd try to make it on board ship before any thing goes south in my day.
Bart & ARC if you see any of my days down there send them back up here will ya?

Bart you are honoring your friend just by remembering him and sharing him with us.
The losses never go away, we just learn to live with them. He is still a part of your life.

Rook, I know the feeling of being e=challenged I locked myself out of the keyboard the other day....I have no clue how I did it, or how it got fixed.... Magic! :toothy1:

Hello boatlode, see...I do float! : )

Good luck Bart, JVA, WHADIFIND, on your new and interesting hunting grounds.
Pour some rum over the key board. It should come alive.:tongue3::director::mblah05:

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have some great news I'd like to share with the gang....As some of you might remember around 18 months ago my wife was diagnosed with having Parkinson's Disease. Well, her last extensive battery of tests, and extensive battery of blood work results ALL show Negative for Parkinson's,(and for that matter any & everything else). And for the last month or so she appears to be back to her old self. Was it the meds ? The diet ? The prayers ? Dunno,probably all three .Its been a long Hard road but Anyhow It's the/my Best Christmas gift of all.:notworthy:
Glad to hear all is well, sending you my best wishes

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Mornin WD..

Ohio metal detector recovering team getting any meetings together yet?
Permissions for group hunts?

Groups are thin around me.
But did spot one at a former railroad depot site near here years ago.
They must have traveled a ways.
A couple few miles down the road there was a derailment long ago. Don't know if they knew or sought permission to hunt the site.
The other direction to the creek was where the hobo jungle was .
Bet they didn't hit the area.

Then there were tiny homes that looked more like horse run ins for size. Built from railroad packing/crate material probably. Long gone now. Been decades since I saw the last.
Lots of potential hours for a group in a small area of a community. Once permissioned.

Development has seen sites torn up too.
Buildings razed. Some that were built atop other former structure sites.
Those without obvious hazards offer some history to be salvaged/recovered. IF the owner allows.
Had one house built on a former site a blacksmith homesteaded give me the go ahead.
Across the street and down a ways , wouldn't give me the go ahead.
Ah well. Asking costs little.
No, I have only met the one guy that we know. I think Christmas is going to interfere. Probably won't be able to pull anything off until January. A couple of us may be able to get together for a hunt. The weather looks good next week. I have been dropping hints to my grandsons. They both have cheap $40.00 detectors we got them from Menards a few Christmases ago. But still, I would like to get them interested. This guy has a permission of a farm that I grew up right down the road. I would really love to detect it. My cousin also lived on that farm for a couple years. I just think that would be cool. Mr WD even said he would like to go on a hunt with us. :hello2: Only fair. I do all the fishing things with him. Speaking of which, rumor has it we have cheaters again this year. Not sure who. It won't effect any of our outcomes, but it may effect some of our friends.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread