THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great advice on how to properly ear your mask... :thumbsup:
All I know is when I mask I sanitize the mitts pre/post of touching it. I wear a proper N95 NOSH always have-always will. Proper fitting masks are the most important things one can do for their own safety.
Once it's one the face-I never touch it!!!
Going out and about (Rare event) I see so many with their cheap cloth masks looking like a heavily soiled diaper hanging off the nose.
The pre Xmas trip to the city we picked up the order of 3M N95 from the supply store where I get my safety supplies. The guy corrected his mask no less then 15 times in the time it took to process the order.

Seriously I felt like I needed a shower after leaving through the door.
Folks laugh at the use of wearing protection, yet they frigging whine when it gets them.
"We are our own worse enemy at times"

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I drove past this old Community Hall on a country back road yesterday morning while on my way to see one of my dealers near Wyoming, ON. I just had to turn around and take a pic of it for posterity. :thumbsup:

I love playing with the photo filter app on my phone. :laughing7:

Attachments

• 20220112_081206.jpg
    20220112_081206.jpg
    364 KB · Views: 29
  • 20220112_081215-crop.jpg
    20220112_081215-crop.jpg
    247 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
All I know is when I mask I sanitize the mitts pre/post of touching it. I wear a proper N95 NOSH always have-always will. Proper fitting masks are the most important things one can do for their own safety.
Once it's one the face-I never touch it!!!
Going out and about (Rare event) I see so many with their cheap cloth masks looking like a heavily soiled diaper hanging off the nose.
The pre Xmas trip to the city we picked up the order of 3M N95 from the supply store where I get my safety supplies. The guy corrected his mask no less then 15 times in the time it took to process the order.

Seriously I felt like I needed a shower after leaving through the door.
Folks laugh at the use of wearing protection, yet they frigging whine when it gets them.
"We are our own worse enemy at times"

I hear you about constantly adjusting the masks we're all wearing these days Jim. I bought a couple of boxes of the blue paper masks, which I swap out every 3hrs. They're not a perfect fit, but when you talk with them on they ride up on your face and get uncomfortable, so you naturally pull the middle of the mask out to 'resize it'.

I had a 3.5hr conversation yesterday morning with a father and son who were electrical contractors and cash crop farmers. We went inside one of their barns to chat, I was wearing a mask and of course they weren't wearing one. Well, after about 15 mins my mask came off and I could see them both relax immediately. We chatted about Generac for about 30mins, the rest of the time we talked about collecting Allis-Chalmers tractors and farm equipment. :laughing7:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I hear you about constantly adjusting the masks we we're all wearing these days. I bought a couple of boxes of the blue paper masks, which I swap out every 3hrs. They're not a perfect fit, but when you talk with them on they ride up on your face and get uncomfortable, so you naturally pull the middle of the mask out to 'resize it'.

I had a 3.5hr conversation yesterday morning with a father and son who were electrical contractors and cash crop farmers. We went inside one of their barns to chat, I was wearing a mask and of course they weren't wearing one. Well, after about 15 mins my mask came off and I could see them both relax immediately. We chatted about Generac for about 30mins, the rest of the time we talked about collecting Allis-Chalmers tractors and farm equipment. :laughing7:
Why not just buy a proper fitting masks?
Geez if a $1.00 and change is too much-well :dontknow:
Those cheap blue masks are nothing but garbage when it comes to safety. They've done so many reports on them now, and the level of protection they provide is....
Might as well just keep 4 meters away when communicating.

The farming community is probably the safer than the urban anyways, that's for sure.

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Why not just buy a proper fitting masks?
Geez if a $1.00 and change is too much-well :dontknow:
Those cheap blue masks are nothing but garbage when it comes to safety. They've done so many reports on them now, and the level of protection they provide is....
Might as well just keep 4 meters away when communicating.

The farming community is probably the safer than the urban anyways, that's for sure.

I hear you about the 'blue masks' Jim, but you're also not having to wear a mask for almost 10hrs every day. The N95 filtered masks definitely offer the best protection against covid infection. We actually bought my wife the NF95 6-ply filter masks for her to wear while at work. If I wear anything other than a 'blue mask' it drys out my throat, restricts my breathing and I start to cough. As long as I keep at least 6' from my customers while wearing a blue mask which I swap out every 3hrs, I feel safe and I can breath. :thumbsup:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I hear you about the 'blue masks' Jim, but you're also not having to wear a mask for almost 10hrs every day. The N95 filtered masks definitely offer the best protection against covid infection. We actually bought my wife the NF95 6-ply filter masks for her to wear while at work. If I wear anything other than a 'blue mask' it drys out my throat, restricts my breathing and I start to cough. As long as I keep at least 6' from my customers while wearing a blue mask which I swap out every 3hrs, I feel safe and I can breath. :thumbsup:

No I don't wear my N95 for 10 hrs a day, but I do for a few hrs at a time everyday depending on the things I'm doing.
Most of the long periods of working in the barn, wood sanding, tractor I only wear the 2096 type.
But are not for going out and about in public because of the button valve.
I have no problem with dry throat issues breathing through the quality masks.

During the maple sugar boiling it was 12-16hr periods while wearing 3M cartridge for organics.
Screen Shot 2022-01-14 at 7.09.36 AM.png

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning all, hope everyone is well and good today. Yesterday night I felt the worst of it. Got so sore everywhere, and felt so sleepy. Got to bed slept the best I have in a long time and woke up today feeling a lot better. Feeling slight soreness in my ankles still and legs but feel a lot better.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread