THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alloy,
Neat process on making soap from used vegetable oil. A fellow I knew used to work for a rendering company and they'd pick up spent cooking oil from restaurants, etc.....and process to make various non edible products, such as shoe polish, etc....
Kind of funny. I cannot remember the last time I've actually polished a shoe!

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, you all have to make your own choices and I believe it should be an individual’s choice and not mandatory. I will be getting my 2nd shot and any boosters that come along. The thing is, this virus is not going to go away. No matter how or why it came to be, us peons are left to deal with the consequences. Right now, these vaccines are all we have, unless you know what you are playing around with with the horse medicine. Maybe in the future something more tested, more efficient will be developed.

Mr WD’s words were (and I have to substitute due to site rules), “I took one for the team. I played Russian roulette with the virus and it nearly killed me. Get the :censored:ing shot!”

On a lighter note… he also said that I missed my chance. I could’ve had a new man.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahh, well that’s another soap opera. Physically I think she’s going to be ok. The guy in the truck was at fault and sited and had to go to court. There was some question in the beginning as to if he had insurance. She was with out a vehicle. Finally, figured out his insurance information and wasn’t getting anywhere with them. Finally, they got in contact with her and promptly set her up for a rental and much butt kissing. Turns out the guy committed insurance fraud by filing a claim against her insurance company and his insurance company busted him for it. Geesh!
What was his claim? That she was at fault because she actually stopped at a red light!?

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Relaxed.

IMG_9033.JPG

IMG_9036.JPG

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, you all have to make your own choices and I believe it should be an individual’s choice and not mandatory. I will be getting my 2nd shot and any boosters that come along. The thing is, this virus is not going to go away. No matter how or why it came to be, us peons are left to deal with the consequences. Right now, these vaccines are all we have, unless you know what you are playing around with with the horse medicine. Maybe in the future something more tested, more efficient will be developed.

Mr WD’s words were (and I have to substitute due to site rules), “I took one for the team. I played Russian roulette with the virus and it nearly killed me. Get the :censored:ing shot!”

On a lighter note… he also said that I missed my chance. I could’ve had a new man.
Just Curious .So your getting a 2nd shot.How about a 3rd or 4th or 5th............Where does it end ? ..... maybe a 20th? :icon_scratch:

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I did get the world's largest channel lock pliers from bobs house....ill definitely remember him when I use these things !! Big man size !!

My condolences to you on the loss of your friend Bart, at least you have some good memories. :icon_thumright:

Ahh, well that’s another soap opera. Physically I think she’s going to be ok. The guy in the truck was at fault and sited and had to go to court. There was some question in the beginning as to if he had insurance. She was with out a vehicle. Finally, figured out his insurance information and wasn’t getting anywhere with them. Finally, they got in contact with her and promptly set her up for a rental and much butt kissing. Turns out the guy committed insurance fraud by filing a claim against her insurance company and his insurance company busted him for it. Geesh!

Glad to hear things are getting better with your husband and your daughter WD. :thumbsup:

Hey....let's hope rook just lost power in the storm....haven't seen him around ?

You're right Bart, we haven't seen or heard from Rook since Friday morning... I wonder what's going on? :icon_scratch:

Last edited:

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
5:30am already 4" on the ground. :tongue3:

Alerts in Effect
Winter Storm Warning

Issued at 05:34am Monday 17 January 2022

Summary:
Winter storm conditions continue.

Hazards:
Total snowfall amounts of 12 to 16 inches.
Snow, at times heavy, with peak snowfall rates of 1 to 2 inches per hour possible this morning, which will significantly reduce visibility. Local blowing snow at times due to winds gusting up to 40 mph.

20220117_054827.jpg

When:
Now through this evening.

Discussion:
A low-pressure system tracking south of the Great Lakes will bring significant snowfall to the region. Heavy snow will significantly impact the commute this morning. Local blowing snow is also possible this afternoon and evening with gusty northerly to northwesterly winds.

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Well said WD... all except for the last line. :laughing7:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

WD, Glad you're both coming around in better shape. Well I pretty much have the same philosophy as you if it gives us an edge by taking the vaccine I'm all for it. Believe there's a 6 month waiting period if you've had covid to take the vaccine you may want to check that might have changed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread