THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Lol weather is nice here but come on it's California let me at least have the nice weather nothing else is good here beyond that these days. Oh and regarding the oranges I may do just that have a few orange trees and a fresh orange from the tree sounds great right now.
Oh went for a tour with a gal I met a few days prior. Ended up in California and we were driving through the orange groves.
I stopped and the pickers and boss were out in the grove. I yelled over that we were from 🇨🇦 🍁 🇨🇦 and never picked an orange off a tree.
"Go ahead, fill your boots!"
A great memory

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh went for a tour with a gal I met a few days prior. Ended up in California and we were driving through the orange groves.
I stopped and the pickers and boss were out in the grove. I yelled over that we were from 🇨🇦 🍁 🇨🇦 and never picked an orange off a tree.
"Go ahead, fill your boots!"
A great memory
It's funny I grew up on fresh oranges and fresh squeezed orange juice so anything store bought to me just is no good. Nothing beats fresh squeezed orange juice. We have a blood orange, a navel orange, and valencia orange.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It's funny I grew up on fresh oranges and fresh squeezed orange juice so anything store bought to me just is no good. Nothing beats fresh squeezed orange juice. We have a blood orange, a navel orange, and valencia orange.
Which type do prefer?

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Enjoy them... for our State just had a record low yield on citrus.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Florida orange crop to be lowest since WWII, raising juice prices​

I wonder if that big OJ plant still up and running in Bradenton?

I remember detecting over near there one time, started to get the drive-by lurk. 1 st time dude's nose was visible above the steering wheel.
2nd time slower even, passenger gunning me off, looking like Waldo slouched down.

I looked around the park and the mom's with their children had disappeared, between the 1st & 2nd cruises.
Now I was alone in what 5 minutes-park hoping-kids screaming fun to nothing.

I watched them as I detected, they were up at the far end of the street block.
One dude got out opened the truck, then got back in the car.
I had worked my way to the far side of the field to be near the Lexus.
When the dude did the 3 point turn, I booked it to car.
I slid down in the seat and watched them pull up to the park, they jumped out looking around for me.
By then I was just waiting for them to come around to my side of the park, because of OJ plant they had a ways to go, and I knew I'd be gone.
LaterI found out the area wasn't on the top 10 list to hang out in.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here's some skillet recipes for the crew to try.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I guess my snarky message to the bank stirred the pot....I got not one but 2 secure messages from them...lol.

One issue settled and got a 3rd message on another situation and sent them a secure message with the paperwork required to finalize my tfsa comparable to the U.S. Roth plan.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well for supper tonight we're having sauerkraut and mushroom pierogis. I'll saute up some onions and we'll have that and some sour cream or plain yogurt with them. I'll steam up some broccoli as a side veggie. Lots of dill pickles, marinated eggplant and marinated roasted peppers to go along with them. Oh yeah and ARC all that marinated stuff is floating in olive oil and your favourite lots and lots of garlic....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well for supper tonight we're having sauerkraut and mushroom pierogis. I'll saute up some onions and we'll have that and some sour cream or plain yogurt with them. I'll steam up some broccoli as a side veggie. Lots of dill pickles, marinated eggplant and marinated roasted peppers to go along with them. Oh yeah and ARC all that marinated stuff is floating in olive oil and your favourite lots and lots of garlic....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:
Garlic rules!!!!
We roast garlic cloves and eat them by the handful, well I do.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are having pierogis tonight as well Bill.

Been cleaning out the freezer since we have been house bound for 9 days now.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We are having pierogis tonight as well Bill.

Been cleaning out the freezer since we have been house bound for 9 days now.
ARC,
Well traditionally the pierogis would be washed down with vodka so you'll have to skip the rum tonight....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7: Enjoy and hope you and the missus are bouncing back from the virus.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread