THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The place I built up North was built for the cold w/3 heat sources.
Oil fired furnace w/ baseboard hot water system.
Wood/coal Furnace (in the basement) tied into the hot water system.
And a Round free standing wood stove in the middle of the house (in the living room) w/ 30 feet of exposed pipe thru the cathedral ceiling.
I'd get that baby toasty all the down to -20 :)And 3 overhead fans forcing the heat down.
005.JPG
007.JPG

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20220121_090905.jpg

Got alot of coins yesterday...possible crusty silvers here....was absolutely swamped by people. Covid or not...it seems that everyone wanted to talk...at times I had groups of 6+ watching me do my thing and pop the coins out. I had a couple from Europe with there kids metaldetecting with me. I had several people take pictures with me holding my 1733 pillar dollar and chain !! It was weird !! I felt like a celebrity and several people asked if I knew mel fisher !! No one seemed to give a rats ass about covid, and I repeatedly said I was positive and sick. The Europeans had just recovered from covid and joyfully hung out and metaldetected with there kids for about an hour !! Beautiful day on the beach and I stayed from noon till 5.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Roger, Glad to see you've gotten some use from that snow shovel of yours. Maybe we'll be generous and share some more of our snow with you before it's over....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:
Thanks but no thanks I'm ready for spring already:tongue3:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
View attachment 2004863
Got alot of coins yesterday...possible crusty silvers here....was absolutely swamped by people. Covid or not...it seems that everyone wanted to talk...at times I had groups of 6+ watching me do my thing and pop the coins out. I had a couple from Europe with there kids metaldetecting with me. I had several people take pictures with me holding my 1733 pillar dollar and chain !! It was weird !! I felt like a celebrity and several people asked if I knew mel fisher !! No one seemed to give a rats ass about covid, and I repeatedly said I was positive and sick. The Europeans had just recovered from covid and joyfully hung out and metaldetected with there kids for about an hour !! Beautiful day on the beach and I stayed from noon till 5.
Nicely done Bart
Ok time to do a little clean up on the crusty coins sir.
What do you use/method for the cleaning?

Gee I guess folks just want to have fun.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Mornin all.
Dogs sounding off the alarm all night. Trees and other thinks popping in the cold. Below zero temps amplifying sounds. The certain squeak of tires on such cold snow.
Found the lead culprit (dog) around dawn. Might toss him on the bed tonight. Then I can strangle him (kidding) if he sounds off. He won't on the freezing noises if close though.

Meatloaf dead.
I sure played the Bat Out Of Hell album /8-track a lot at one time...

RTR is playing "whack a mole" today!
A powder I don't recognize. And nice clean brass.

Prices won't calm down I imagine. Looked at a box of .357 for fifty dollars yesterday. Ouch!
Plenty of .38's on hand though for plinking. I'll reserve the stock of .357's for hunting.Should need arise.
And when primers are more in stock I'll grab some more.
I've a kit for shooting wax/plastic "bullets" in the .38 wheelgun and .357.
Just primer powered.
I don't shoot it in the house . But if not for dogs that don't like it ,the basement would make for an indoor gallery in this cold.
More fun than vacuuming up dead spiders with the shop vac...l.o.l..

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning ARC, Antiquarian, Bart, Bill, Boatlode, crash bandicoot, JVA5th, Dizzy Digger, Oregon Viking, Pepperj, Msbeep, Releventchair, Rookster, RTR, WHADI and all ye other pirates.
Thankee kindly maam! And the same from me to all of you,may you all soon get over the crud and return to your scurvy selves!:laughing7:

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 2004863
Way to go Bart, a little interaction with nice people will do wonders for you! Glad you,re doing better,sincerely!

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you do any competition shooting-or just a hobby?
I use to do long range competition shooting, not so much now.Hard to find good spots here ,lucky to find 100 yards here .But I love the challenge of long range :)!

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use to do long range competition shooting, not so much now.Hard to find good spots here ,lucky to find 100 yards here .But I love the challenge of long range :)!
I was lucky enough to fire on my Regimental rifle team in the Marines,National Match M-14s and Lake City Match ammo.I loved the 600 YD slow fire stage of the National Match course.20 rounds,20 Minutes, 20 inch bull with a 12 inch V ring.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My neighbour that summers up here from Penn. does long range big game hunting. 2000+ft type stuff.
He said from hill top to hill top is the ultimate experience.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread