THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But you didn,t give up! Adapt,overcome,persevere.
That was about 4hrs I feel like I did terrible lol. Was about 5 bucks in change, keys, the tokens, and trash. I was ignoring anything that remotely looked like a pull tab otherwise I'd be digging every second lol

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But you didn,t give up! Adapt,overcome,persevere.
Going to run the test garden on rings to get a base reading on the program I run my metal detector at. I want to make sure how I have it programed they don't look like aluminum or tabs. Otherwise I've been screwing myself over. If they are close I'll have to tweak things. Just making sure I have this program honed in for rings as in my area it's a waste of time in parks not to have a program specialized to look for a certain target way too much crap in most parks around here.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Going to run the test garden on rings to get a base reading on the program I run my metal detector at. I want to make sure how I have it programed they don't look like aluminum or tabs. Otherwise I've been screwing myself over. If they are close I'll have to tweak things. Just making sure I have this program honed in for rings as in my area it's a waste of time in parks not to have a program specialized to look for a certain target way too much crap in most parks around here.
Adapt,overcome,persevere, exactly what you,re doing. May you find rings in at least a ratio of 1 ring to 50 pull tabs!!!:laughing7:
:laughing7::laughing7::headbang::headbang::notworthy::notworthy::tongue3::tongue3::tongue3:

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man,I sure would have liked to meet him!! He was raised outside Little Rock,a little place called Geyer Springs,it,s all a suburb of the city now but was bush in Hathcock,s day. Any body who was into shooting in the 70s in the USMC knew who Hathcock was. You,re a lucky man!
Back in the 80s he moved to Virginia Beach Va.And shortly after every home on his entire street was owned by Marines :)

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Adapt,overcome,persevere, exactly what you,re doing. May you find rings in at least a ratio of 1 ring to 50 pull tabs!!!:laughing7:
:laughing7::laughing7::headbang::headbang::notworthy::notworthy::tongue3::tongue3::tongue3:
Normally I do better than that. I've got pretty decent at picking the rings out normally 2 or 3 per park

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well my test were rather disappointing lol. Most anything good very closely resembles what a pull tab comes up as no matter what I tweak. I'm seeing my metal detector only picks rings up about 3 inches then starts to hardly pick those up. One thing I highly dislike about these Deus metal detectors their ability to separate targets is terrible. Depth isn't great for small targets. Though it is good at picking up tiny gold and silver that other machines will miss. I sometimes think these machines are over hyped.

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also note this metal detector however is really good at places filled with iron and mess still can hear good targets one thing it excels at though often a lot disappoints me when it comes to this detector

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well my test were rather disappointing lol. Most anything good very closely resembles what a pull tab comes up as no matter what I tweak. I'm seeing my metal detector only picks rings up about 3 inches then starts to hardly pick those up. One thing I highly dislike about these Deus metal detectors their ability to separate targets is terrible. Depth isn't great for small targets. Though it is good at picking up tiny gold and silver that other machines will miss. I sometimes think these machines are over hyped.
John, Quite a few members on the Canadian forum swear by the Deus as being the best. Might be the settings they are using.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Also note this metal detector however is really good at places filled with iron and mess still can hear good targets one thing it excels at though often a lot disappoints me when it comes to this detector
May the next generation be better.
It's been a struggle for many a machine and hunter when it comes to separation of round tabs/round gold.
I'm just too lazy to be digging 200-300 sod/grass holes for a ring.
Fair grounds = mental frustration.

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John, Quite a few members on the Canadian forum swear by the Deus as being the best. Might be the settings they are using.
I really don't think it is. It definitely lacks in some areas. A good machine but definitely not best. Not sure if there is necessarily a best machine though. The depth test was rather sad. Mind you I'm using small coil, however my AT Pro with it smaller coil has it beat so that's a tad embarrassing. Also note I already throughly understand my settings and what will make me lose and gain depth and test show most loss you'll get really isn't all that significant in the first place unless you're talking huge deep targets. I really couldn't find any settings that could distinguish a pull tab from a good target on this machine.

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
May the next generation be better.
It's been a struggle for many a machine and hunter when it comes to separation of round tabs/round gold.
I'm just too lazy to be digging 200-300 sod/grass holes for a ring.
Fair grounds = mental frustration.
Lol oh trust me the fair grounds are a huge challenge for me. Luckily the area I am in has no grass. So lots of hole digging and later back and leg pain lol. I may just be in a grumpy mood my latest outings have all been rather disappointing lol. I'll get over it

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Here's the beef stew recipe we'll be making we're doing ours in a slow cooker makes it way more tender and flavourful in my opinion. The slice of bread with the strong mustard is optional. Lots of different variations out there though.

Yet mustard should stay in the diaper of the baby. Gag me please.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread