THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Mustard goes on corn dogs,from Sonic. I know how you love them.:laughing7:
Corn dog left over while working as a carny-now that was an green experience.
But on the upside was cranking the compressor for the BB guns and having too much fun with the shot the star out booth. Safety chain undone and see how far the beer cans go down the midway.🤣

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Corn dog left over while working as a carny-now that was an green experience.
But on the upside was cranking the compressor for the BB guns and having too much fun with the shot the star out booth. Safety chain undone and see how far the beer cans go down the midway.🤣
Man I remember those BB guns,never could shoot out the star though.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's the beef stew recipe we'll be making we're doing ours in a slow cooker makes it way more tender and flavourful in my opinion. The slice of bread with the strong mustard is optional. Lots of different variations out there though.

Looks good Bill .I was thinking of making that...then I got lazy...Cooked mine in 10 minutes :tongue3:Got the cooking tip from my girl Beth on Yellowstone LOL
004.JPG
005.JPG
001.JPG

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If some of the crew want to add some yellow to their coin collection.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well my test were rather disappointing lol. Most anything good very closely resembles what a pull tab comes up as no matter what I tweak. I'm seeing my metal detector only picks rings up about 3 inches then starts to hardly pick those up. One thing I highly dislike about these Deus metal detectors their ability to separate targets is terrible. Depth isn't great for small targets. Though it is good at picking up tiny gold and silver that other machines will miss. I sometimes think these machines are over hyped.
There all overhyped !!

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
The weird thing my brother made so I can hold my rings, not very good for it but I use it since he made it lol. Going to make a test garden and see what all these ring up with to hone my skills. I mostly hunt parks these days and rings are what I look for to avoid junk.
That’s pretty cool! I love it! 🥰

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Lol oh trust me the fair grounds are a huge challenge for me. Luckily the area I am in has no grass. So lots of hole digging and later back and leg pain lol. I may just be in a grumpy mood my latest outings have all been rather disappointing lol. I'll get over it
Gee here you were blaming it on the poor machine.
I truly believe that moods effect hunt recoveries.
I hit over a dozen cellar holes on year.
Nobody had detected them, buttons, harmonica reeds, buckles, other near relics.
Not one single coin.
I said screw it I'm done I don't care.
Bummed out, went out expecting nothing and got a few of the green round ones and a silver.
Slump, poor Quakers :dontknow:,I'll never understand why sometimes I can go out and things are almost jumping into the pouch.
Something like fishing I guess.

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gee here you were blaming it on the poor machine.
I truly believe that moods effect hunt recoveries.
I hit over a dozen cellar holes on year.
Nobody had detected them, buttons, harmonica reeds, buckles, other near relics.
Not one single coin.
I said screw it I'm done I don't care.
Bummed out, went out expecting nothing and got a few of the green round ones and a silver.
Slump, poor Quakers :dontknow:,I'll never understand why sometimes I can go out and things are almost jumping into the pouch.
Something like fishing I guess.
Indeed very much like fishing. Some days are good some not so much.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Indeed very much like fishing. Some days are good some not so much.
John, Many years ago I was a regular on an International detecting forum before it closed down. There were members from the U.K, France, Italy, Germany, South Africa, U.S., Canada, etc...In any even one of the regulars went by the name Jim from Brooklyn.

He had the best explanation for it he used to say when it came to metal detecting "Some times you're the dog other times the fire hydrant". I'll never forgot that expression....lol.

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John, Many years ago I was a regular on an International detecting forum before it closed down. There were members from the U.K, France, Italy, Germany, South Africa, U.S., Canada, etc...In any even one of the regulars went by the name Jim from Brooklyn.

He had the best explanation for it he used to say when it came to metal detecting "Some times you're the dog other times the fire hydrant". I'll never forgot that expression....lol.
Lol that is true

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread