THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nope....but a few years ago I got very sick from stepping on a rusty nail in the bahamas.....it made me deathly sick and lingered for weeks afterwards.....everyone thought it was tetanus.
The extra ration goes to the pirate with the injured paw. :occasion14:

Remember when we use to dig for bottles in this ghost town. Things were down many feet in the muskeg and the waters are only minutes from the main glacier. Reaching into the waters up to armpits, the all familiar sting of the glass slicing the finger open.
Still remember pulling the hand out and seeing the cut, no blood, so I'd grab it in a tight hold.
Then it was a trip back to the car to get it bandaged up tight. Plastic bag, electricians tape and back to the digging.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow...havnt been in a couple years....tough ground. I found an old sealed pipe.....I found this retrieved cache, the last time I was here....it was still on top of the foundation where I left it years ago. Later I went back and retrieved another empty cache buried at the corner of the foundation....it was a metal box buried in fine gravel 2 feet down....it was empty, and I only found 2 wheat pennies in the hole. Somone had recovered the cache years earlier, and had thrown the empty box back in the hole and covered it back.
I don't recall the author who said to leave something where a cache was recovered....
To let a searcher know it had been recovered.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's like the big High Park in Toronto, it just kept on giving.
Jim, There's still some real trashy spots I haven't concentrated on yet. This coming season think I'll do the true grit thing and give them a go. Around bleachers behind the backstops at baseball diamonds they're overun with bottle caps and pulltabs but I'm pretty sure there's some decent jewelery, etc....likewise around picnic tables, park benches, etc....the higher level of activity the more junk but higher chances of some keepers also.

Last edited:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Jim, There's still some real trashy spots I haven't concentrated on yet. This coming season think I'll do the true grit thing and give them a go. Around bleachers behind the backstops at baseball diamonds they're overun with bottle caps and pulltabs I'm but probably some decent jewelery, etc....likewise around picnic tables, park benches, etc....the higher level of activity the more junk but higher chances of some keepers also.
I went to one fair grounds, thought there's the bleachers.
🏃 And there's my truck 🤣

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh looky! I found a pic of Pepperj! Lol

1642901935259.png

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't recall the author who said to leave something where a cache was recovered....
To let a searcher know it had been recovered.
I don't think it was intentional....more like a traditional spot where people hid stuff/money. Probably long sense retrieved and long before this building burned.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I remember posting pics of my hunt here in the rpt many years back....with the empty pipe cache !!
Drug dealer got popped on the island we used to live on.
The locals said after he was incarcerated the house was destroyed. Folks looking/retrieving the ABS capped tubes that are popular.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
He’s getting better and stronger every day. Follow up doctor appointment Monday. Oxygen has hit 95 but averaging 93. Thank you for asking. 😊
Great news WD, sounds like he's on the mend.
Those levels are what I live with a 98 feels a whole lot better.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He’s getting better and stronger every day. Follow up doctor appointment Monday. Oxygen has hit 95 but averaging 93. Thank you for asking. 😊
Yes!!!!!! Great news! He now will have natural immunity, and, according to some, if he has the vaccine... Super immunity!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread