THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Metal detected a few parks today and my elementary/middle school, I graduated 8th grade there of a class of 15 so a tiny town and school I came from. Lots of trash and change got three okay things. A religious necklace of some sorts, a maybe silver cross charm, and a 1952 wheat penny. Still pretty frustrated with my recent outings but I know that's just how it goes sometimes the day was nice so I'll be happy for that.
It’s hard to tell, but it kind of looks like a Good Shepherd medal necklace. Those are good finds in my world.

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It’s hard to tell, but it kind of looks like a Good Shepherd medal necklace. Those are good finds in my world.
I'd have no idea. I never know much about the religious stuff since I'm non religious though often more appreciate the art of it

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well the little crucifix was definitely silver the ol foil and vinegar then a tooth paste polish cleaned it up if it wasn't silver it would of not faired well with the process always my way to tell if something is silver or not.

Attachments

• Snapchat-219771461.jpg
    Snapchat-219771461.jpg
    564.5 KB · Views: 18

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You know I got peeps over there. I just don’t tell you of our coming and going any more. In 2020 I went with the grandkids trick or treating in Pendleton and we did the hayride farm playground thing you guys have over there. That place was great fun. We had every intention of making that a yearly trip with the grandkids. Stayed a few times in Anderson, Hagerstown and Lebanon the past few years and went to Brookville Lake. I think your radar was on the fritz or something. 🤣🤣🤣
That’s creepy to have you so close

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Insulation of a home is probably the biggest factor.
Also what is comfort, 66-70F in the winter living?
That home as this one was/is a $10 per day to heat or cool habit.
That would be for LP or running the split air system. The SAS gives 200% efficiency for heating over LP, but that drops off when the temps go below 5F. After that we switch to the LP boiler system.
10 a day? 300 a month?!?
Yikes!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread