THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful find John. :hello2: If you look at your crucifix in the close-up pics you can see how crudely it's been cast, this piece may have some serious age to it. :icon_scratch:
Could be the school I found it in is mainly immigrants from Mexico so they bring a lot back from there that they past to their kids could be possible.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
For those who play the market pretty rough ride the last few days.
All the mutual fund holders, and the value of endless pension funds.
But most are in for the long haul and the upside still out weighs the down side.
I was just got informed I will get a 4.4% COLA on my disability pension.:headbang:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
All the mutual fund holders, and the value of endless pension funds.
But most are in for the long haul and the upside still out weighs the down side.
I was just got informed I will get a 4.4% COLA on my disability pension.:headbang:
Jim, that should keep you out of the poor house for awhile.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Jim, that should keep you out of the poor house for awhile.
4.4% of little still is a little, no matter how one slices that little one Bill.
Now give me 4.4% on the GIC's I might be more impressed at the 04/30 date for tax return.:headbang:
I say bring back the 80's rates. :hello2: I what to see the 40 yr old rates today.

I couldn't imagine if the rates were even 10% for mortgages, there would be a crash of homes on bankers market.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Jim, Lucky I stayed away from that one.
I remember the Western Union rates were high at the time and the Owner of the England club was wondering about other ways to transfer funds for the hunts.
I suggested Bitcoin as it was around $5-6 dollars each. He said he didn't understand enough about them to use them. I had to agree, and still don't. :laughing7:

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bill
You shamed me yesterday,so I'm prepping today ,
002.JPG
001.JPG
6 pound bird,mashed red skins pots.,spinach & gravy All Organic :)

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
4.4% of little still is a little, no matter how one slices that little one Bill.
Now give me 4.4% on the GIC's I might be more impressed at the 04/30 date for tax return.:headbang:
I say bring back the 80's rates. :hello2: I what to see the 40 yr old rates today.

I couldn't imagine if the rates were even 10% for mortgages, there would be a crash of homes on bankers market.
Jim, When we bought in 1985 we had a 5 year locked in mortgage at 12.25%.....mind you it had been up around 18%/20% range shortly before so we didn't take any chances. Paid an extra 15% on top of that to speed up the payments. When it came due we just went with 6 months at a time at about half that rate. 8 1/2 years and no more mortgage. It felt great!

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I remember the Western Union rates were high at the time and the Owner of the England club was wondering about other ways to transfer funds for the hunts.
I suggested Bitcoin as it was around $5-6 dollars each. He said he didn't understand enough about them to use them. I had to agree, and still don't. :laughing7:
Jim, They're basically a speculative gamble if you're on the wrong side of the swings you get slaughtered as we're seeing recently.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Jim, When we bought in 1985 we had a 5 year locked in mortgage at 12.25%.....mind you it had been up around 18%/20% range shortly before so we didn't take any chances. Paid an extra 15% on top of that to speed up the payments. When it came due we just went with 6 months at a time at about half that rate. 8 1/2 years and no more mortgage. It felt great!
It's the only way Bill-buy it and get rid of the party holding the note.

Yet so many in this world just do the cookie cutter good sheep model of financing.
Gee it's great 5 yr mortgage on a 30/40yr amortization

Gee it's a great 5 yr mortgage on a 30/40 yr amortization
Hey nothing moved-I still owe nearly the same?

Well you just are basically paying off the interest
Let me see here if I can do, er, click, eh click de click, um click
Well how about this, I can increase your line of credit, and C/C
Do sort of a consolidation of the CC, auto.
And set you up in one of new saving plans with free cheques
Now the base free for this is great $xx.xx per month

Yup a 5% increase in rates would finish off a whole bunch, 10% would make a whole lot more run for cover.
This where the toys at the end of the driveway appear.
15% would be a jingle mail event (for the younger members - it's where hte keys get mailed back to the lenders.

My brother got a 22% rate on his house in the early 80's.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Bill
You shamed me yesterday,so I'm prepping today , View attachment 2005499 View attachment 2005500 6 pound bird,mashed red skins pots.,spinach & gravy All Organic :)
Nicely done sir-you're all forgiven-but those burgers looked great.
We just did one u[ the other day. The broth is bottled up for those certain days. Now the soup prep starts.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread