THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Lidar is a method for determining ranges by targeting an object with a laser and measuring the time taken by the reflected light to return to the receiver. Lidar can also be used to make digital 3-D representations of areas on the Earth's surface and ocean floor, due to differences in laser return times, and by varying laser wavelengths. It has terrestrial, airborne, and mobile applications. This image shows an orthographic projection of a registered point cloud depicting the intersection of Folsom Street and Dore Street in San Francisco, California. The point cloud was captured over 18 seconds and registered in real time using an Ouster OS1 lidar unit mounted on a moving car. The points are coloured by a function based on raw lidar intensity multiplied by range, with orange signifying brighter regions and dark blue for darker regions. Lidar is a popular sensor for self-driving cars.
Screen Shot 2022-01-26 at 8.09.14 PM.png

So that is the technology to find cellar holes. Kind of looks like a trip down memory lane of having a trip.:laughing7:

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Update on the explosion thing. Apparently all the way in the town over it was just as loud my mother heard it and shook the building over there too. So far no one knows what it was. Shook the town of Merced and Atwater as far as I know.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Update on the explosion thing. Apparently all the way in the town over it was just as loud my mother heard it and shook the building over there too. So far no one knows what it was. Shook the town of Merced and Atwater as far as I know.
Somebody's underground meth.facility.:laughing7:
Neighbor to my parents had his barn go boom. They found him halfway across the field, and lived.
They had the major crime lab in for a few weeks, undetermined was the findings.

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Somebody's underground meth.facility.:laughing7:
Neighbor to my parents had his barn go boom. They found him halfway across the field, and lived.
They had the major crime lab in for a few weeks, undetermined was the findings.
Was odd because the sheriff out here said they are investigating. Many people felt it across multiple towns. Yet know one has a clue what it was yet. The first explosion came and shook the house then about 10 minutes later another explosion came and shook everything again

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Was odd because the sheriff out here said they are investigating. Many people felt it across multiple towns. Yet know one has a clue what it was yet. The first explosion came and shook the house then about 10 minutes later another explosion came and shook everything again

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread