THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh that's unfortunate as it's a great place in so many ways to dig.
Been 8X or about a 1000 hrs of digging in their dirt.
Lots of precious memories.
To be honest, my favorite place to relic hunt is in general area where I live. I love history so have researched diligently and when I find something from my area, it has special meaning. Loved being g in England though. Great people in Yorkshire.

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Some weirdness going on here in California. Huge explosions here in the country enough to shake the house no idea where they are coming from or what is causing them. Been two huge ones so far
Are you near Palmdale?

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you near Palmdale?
No I'm 4 hours from there. I guess relatively close but not close. I still don't know what it was. It is odd because so many different towns how windows and walls shake. Not like an earthquake, I've felt those. It felt like some force in the air just hit

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This was what we were dealing with last summer. Gypsy moth caterpillars
20210619_194937.jpg

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lone Watie,there really was a Cherokee named Lone Watie,did you know that?
Yes, but you are the only other person I know that had that knowledge. One of the Trails of Tears ran a few miles south of where I live.

Cherokee legend states Chief Junaluska saved Andrew Jackson's life in war of 1812. His gift back was the Trail of Tears, the Indian Removal. Chief Junaluska is buried just over the mountains in Robbinsville, North Carolina.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, but you are the only other person I know that had that knowledge. One of the Trails of Tears ran a few miles south of where I live.

Cherokee legend states Chief Junaluska saved Andrew Jackson's life in war of 1812. His gift back was the Trail of Tears, the Indian Removal. Chief Junaluska is buried just over the mountains in Robbinsville, North Carolina.

My eclectic reading habits! Read of Lone Watie and his brother Stand Watie long ago while reading about the Cherokee,their history always fascinated me. The book on Josey Wales is actually better than the movie,the original was named Gone to Texas. Another good book about a individual Cherokee is Old Fish Hawk,fictional but very good.I can,t remember the author.

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My eclectic reading habits! Read of Lone Watie and his brother Stand Watie long ago while reading about the Cherokee,their history always fascinated me. The book on Josey Wales is actually better than the movie,the original was named Gone to Texas. Another good book about a individual Cherokee is Old Fish Hawk,fictional but very good.I can,t remember the author.
You are a like spirit, Crash.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Good little read, thanks for posting it 👍

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions