THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
You all know how your phone “listens” to you and then magically things pop up in your searches or Facebook? Well thanks to the latest topics on this site, this tidbit of American history popped up on my Facebook. Lol. Well, I learned something anyway.

While living abroad as the United States Ambassador to France in 1781, Franklin penned the infamous essay "Fart Proudly," which is also known as "A Letter to a Royal Academy about farting" and "To the Royal Academy of Farting." Franklin sent the letter to Richard Price, a Welsh philosopher and Unitarian minister, and to his friends. In the essay, Franklin proposed that there should be a scientific study conducted on farts and that researchers should develop a drug to make the act of farting less offensive. He wrote, in part:

It is universally well known, that in digesting our common food, there is created or produced in the bowels of human creatures, a great quantity of wind. That the permitting this air to escape and mix with the atmosphere, is usually offensive to the company, from the fetid smell that accompanies it.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have not reached out....part of me is scared, and I don't want to be a bother pestering him while he tries to beat this....im hoping he has the strength and will to get through this....im pretty worried about him and his wife....and even Sadie !

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sad day in the kitchen appliance division.
I cooked the motor something in the Vitamix blender.
That old electronic burn smell.
So I guess it's a fleabay option to get another base.
This one served us well for 25yrs.
Jim, Well if you do the math I'm sure you got your money's worth over the years. It's like us and our coffee machines even that crappy greasy spoon coffee is somewhere between $1 & $2 a cup. We burnt through a few machines over the years but 2 or 3 coffees each at 25 cents each per day adds up pretty quick to pay off the cost of the machine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread