THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Morning Dave
It will be a nice change to walk outside tomorrow and feel the warmth instead of a biting cold.

Thanks for reminding me Jim, that's if my PCR test from yesterday comes back negative this morning. My flight lands in Vegas at noon tomorrow, I expect it's going to be a long work week though. :laughing7:

Hope everyone has a great weekend... get well soon Bart, OV, Rook, ARC, WD and Mr. WD. 🤧

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for reminding me Jim, that's if my PCR test from yesterday comes back negative this morning. My flight lands in Vegas at noon tomorrow, I expect it's going to be a long work week though. :laughing7:

Hope everyone has a great weekend... get well soon Bart, OV, Rook, ARC, WD and Mr. WD. 🤧
Dave, Since you're an early riser it might be worth heading out for a long walk in the morning before your maxed out schedule. You'll appreciate the break from being cooped up with people all day.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I Have delved into many religions, and started my quest very early in life 14/15 years old. I had problems in life early, and had to go to juvenile detention.....luckily, or unluckily my wealthy grand parents were able to convince the courts to allow them to put me in a religous reform school instead of the state run juvenile hall. I have never been so abused as those Christians did me...physical, mental, and emotional. I realized I had to survive and get through the time....I also realized that this was a complete lie, and these people were really pure evil and this was not how any Christians would ever act !! I made it through and swore to study all the religions and find the one true religion.....well thats impossible, but I embarked on the most incredible journey of learning the principles and lessons of every religion I could read about.....I am grateful for that horrible experience because I've learned so much about all the religions of the world...my spiritual journey continues today, and I can appreciate the teachings of many religions. Although I don't claim to be of any one religion I especially like the simple yet profound wisdom of Buddhism. I think there are many great things to take away and live with from almost every religion. I enjoy learning the wisdom and teachings of each religion !!

Mornin Bart.

I've a very patient and gracious minister for a brother in law.
Knew him when he was a teen and he's always been steady and kind.

Dad got involved with a religious group and I got a concerned call about it.
There was worry they'd extract money from him.

My reply was , does Dad understand what he is doing?
Are the people mean to anyone?
And if Dad is clear minded , who's money is it?

And that I was visiting when an old couple stopped to visit. A carpenter who Dad thought well of and his wife.
Don't know how many times they stopped but Dad enjoyed talking to the guy.
His involvement was brief in my eyes. They built a new facility and it wasn't the same as service held in or attached a restaurant.
Dad being a foodie enjoyed dining after. And never minded a crowd he could sit mostly quietly to await dessert in. L.o.l..

Theology is an interesting study no doubt.
People are a / the church.
But for some , there are or is a place it makes more sense.
For me a cedar swamp/bottom with jackstrawed timbers both old dead dying and green and rejuvenating younger trees in the mix at that time of morning when sunrays are streaking as a new days promise is confirmed.
I've been in cathedrals. Some neat stuff. But natures cathedral is just as impressive when sensed just so.

For someone else it could be rolling on swells and the sound between tinkle and chimes when the hull is underway just right sometimes in a calm spot. Not always duplicable by will, but just as real. Hard to grasp ahold of and not preservable to take to shore and show someone. But why should it be? If it was it wouldn't be uniquely special in it's native place.
Been there for countless generations. But few have heard it. Or felt what is felt in the moments.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I Have delved into many religions, and started my quest very early in life 14/15 years old. I had problems in life early, and had to go to juvenile detention.....luckily, or unluckily my wealthy grand parents were able to convince the courts to allow them to put me in a religous reform school instead of the state run juvenile hall. I have never been so abused as those Christians did me...physical, mental, and emotional. I realized I had to survive and get through the time....I also realized that this was a complete lie, and these people were really pure evil and this was not how any Christians would ever act !! I made it through and swore to study all the religions and find the one true religion.....well thats impossible, but I embarked on the most incredible journey of learning the principles and lessons of every religion I could read about.....I am grateful for that horrible experience because I've learned so much about all the religions of the world...my spiritual journey continues today, and I can appreciate the teachings of many religions. Although I don't claim to be of any one religion I especially like the simple yet profound wisdom of Buddhism. I think there are many great things to take away and live with from almost every religion. I enjoy learning the wisdom and teachings of each religion !!
Bart, Sorry to hear about your unfortunate youth experiences....At a fairly young age I pretty much made up my mind that I'd deal with the higher being if there is one directly. Cut out the middle men/women in between.

I'll spare people the reasons but that's how I've dealt with it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread