THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday was an interesting day for me. Went to my grandmother's house in the morning like I always do and heard her caretaker having issues. I got called over to help because my grandmother could barly move and had to be sat down. Ambulance had to be called. Apparently she suffered an acute stroke also was positive for Covid but never showed signs of being sick with covid so unrelated to what happened. Sadly I've dealt with my grandmother's dementia and mental decline for years I'm so desensitized to it and just expect these kinds of things. Though still rough to see.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Yesterday was an interesting day for me. Went to my grandmother's house in the morning like I always do and heard her caretaker having issues. I got called over to help because my grandmother could barly move and had to be sat down. Ambulance had to be called. Apparently she suffered an acute stroke also was positive for Covid but never showed signs of being sick with covid so unrelated to what happened. Sadly I've dealt with my grandmother's dementia and mental decline for years I'm so desensitized to it and just expect these kinds of things. Though still rough to see.

Rough indeed.
Good you were there though.

IF you're still able to be with her , my deceased career nurse who worked with the elderly never treated them as if they were not fully aware of others.
Makes sense to me as there are brief moments of clarity now and then. Some I suspect without our knowing.

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rough indeed.
Good you were there though.

IF you're still able to be with her , my deceased career nurse who worked with the elderly never treated them as if they were not fully aware of others.
Makes sense to me as there are brief moments of clarity now and then. Some I suspect without our knowing.
My mother works in an assisted living home and i volunteered there a lot pre covid times you after awhile do get desensitized when dealing with it a long time. Like with my grandma in beginning it was hard my grandma was the most vibrant and intelligent person I knew. So the first year was hard as hell. But it's been years and she hardly talks and only sits so day in and out dealing with it you do get desensitized.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
My mother works in an assisted living home and i volunteered there a lot pre covid times you after awhile do get desensitized when dealing with it a long time. Like with my grandma in beginning it was hard my grandma was the most vibrant and intelligent person I knew. So the first year was hard as hell. But it's been years and she hardly talks and only sits so day in and out dealing with it you do get desensitized.

Those who do not get casehardened lose a piece of themselves when someone passes.
Those elderly with no family or visitors weighed on my sister more. Not that all were not important and treated with respect.

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those who do not get casehardened lose a piece of themselves when someone passes.
Those elderly with no family or visitors weighed on my sister more. Not that all were not important and treated with respect.
Yeah I've heard stories of places that are absolutely horrible. They always deserve respect and someone to come visit. I always see my grandma every morning.

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
No I'm 4 hours from there. I guess relatively close but not close. I still don't know what it was. It is odd because so many different towns how windows and walls shake. Not like an earthquake, I've felt those. It felt like some force in the air just hit
Close enough. My guess is you heard sonic booms from military aircraft.

When the space shuttle used to land at Cape Canaveral, it always sounded like somebody dropped two refrigerators on my roof BOOM BOOM. The house would shake and the dogs would bark.

I Have delved into many religions, and started my quest very early in life 14/15 years old. I had problems in life early, and had to go to juvenile detention.....luckily, or unluckily my wealthy grand parents were able to convince the courts to allow them to put me in a religous reform school instead of the state run juvenile hall. I have never been so abused as those Christians did me...physical, mental, and emotional. I realized I had to survive and get through the time....I also realized that this was a complete lie, and these people were really pure evil and this was not how any Christians would ever act !! I made it through and swore to study all the religions and find the one true religion.....well thats impossible, but I embarked on the most incredible journey of learning the principles and lessons of every religion I could read about.....I am grateful for that horrible experience because I've learned so much about all the religions of the world...my spiritual journey continues today, and I can appreciate the teachings of many religions. Although I don't claim to be of any one religion I especially like the simple yet profound wisdom of Buddhism. I think there are many great things to take away and live with from almost every religion. I enjoy learning the wisdom and teachings of each religion !!
I can assure you that is NOT Christian behavior.
Just remember that Christ shed his blood on the cross so that ALL of us could be saved, not just Christians.

Out going tide+incoming wind=stationary waves. Need to be going fast on the way out, and slow on the way in !!
Exactly. Actually that looked pretty tame compared to Sebastian Inlet.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Have delved into many religions, and started my quest very early in life 14/15 years old. I had problems in life early, and had to go to juvenile detention.....luckily, or unluckily my wealthy grand parents were able to convince the courts to allow them to put me in a religous reform school instead of the state run juvenile hall. I have never been so abused as those Christians did me...physical, mental, and emotional. I realized I had to survive and get through the time....I also realized that this was a complete lie, and these people were really pure evil and this was not how any Christians would ever act !! I made it through and swore to study all the religions and find the one true religion.....well thats impossible, but I embarked on the most incredible journey of learning the principles and lessons of every religion I could read about.....I am grateful for that horrible experience because I've learned so much about all the religions of the world...my spiritual journey continues today, and I can appreciate the teachings of many religions. Although I don't claim to be of any one religion I especially like the simple yet profound wisdom of Buddhism. I think there are many great things to take away and live with from almost every religion. I enjoy learning the wisdom and teachings of each religion !!
There is only one way to believe.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Bart, Sorry to hear about your unfortunate youth experiences....At a fairly young age I pretty much made up my mind that I'd deal with the higher being if there is one directly. Cut out the middle men/women in between.

I'll spare people the reasons but that's how I've dealt with it.
Such philosophy can affect personal tattoo choices Uncle...
L.o.l..

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mornin Bart.

I've a very patient and gracious minister for a brother in law.
Knew him when he was a teen and he's always been steady and kind.

Dad got involved with a religious group and I got a concerned call about it.
There was worry they'd extract money from him.

My reply was , does Dad understand what he is doing?
Are the people mean to anyone?
And if Dad is clear minded , who's money is it?

And that I was visiting when an old couple stopped to visit. A carpenter who Dad thought well of and his wife.
Don't know how many times they stopped but Dad enjoyed talking to the guy.
His involvement was brief in my eyes. They built a new facility and it wasn't the same as service held in or attached a restaurant.
Dad being a foodie enjoyed dining after. And never minded a crowd he could sit mostly quietly to await dessert in. L.o.l..

Theology is an interesting study no doubt.
People are a / the church.
But for some , there are or is a place it makes more sense.
For me a cedar swamp/bottom with jackstrawed timbers both old dead dying and green and rejuvenating younger trees in the mix at that time of morning when sunrays are streaking as a new days promise is confirmed.
I've been in cathedrals. Some neat stuff. But natures cathedral is just as impressive when sensed just so.

For someone else it could be rolling on swells and the sound between tinkle and chimes when the hull is underway just right sometimes in a calm spot. Not always duplicable by will, but just as real. Hard to grasp ahold of and not preservable to take to shore and show someone. But why should it be? If it was it wouldn't be uniquely special in it's native place.
Been there for countless generations. But few have heard it. Or felt what is felt in the moments.
Being of sound mind and body, I spent my money while I was alive! :angel12:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good morning Pepper, how are you doing today?
Doing great, staying indoors.
Watching a bit of the Freedom Convoy that has taken over our Capital. :headbang::hello2::notworthy:
Have to give credit to the folks that are out there expressing their rights in the -zero weather.

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Watching a bit of the Freedom Convoy that has taken over our Capital. :headbang::hello2::notworthy:
Have to give credit to the folks that are out there expressing their rights in the -zero weather.
Glad you're doing well, I've been watching that too. Glad to see resistance to mandates.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sorry to hear that John, good to hear that you were able to help.
How old is your Grandmother?

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Zero don't bother Canadians outdoors as long as there's Timmy's or Canadian Tire coffee to be had!

C.B. radio operators were required to get a permit. And use thier real names on the radio.
Of course that went over like a lead balloon with truckers.
When the C.B. craze hit in the seventies ( portable phones were not common) the overwhelming number of operators put an end to the permitting idea.

Hard not to cheer a convoy , regardless of reason. l.o.l..

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mornin Bart.

I've a very patient and gracious minister for a brother in law.
Knew him when he was a teen and he's always been steady and kind.

Dad got involved with a religious group and I got a concerned call about it.
There was worry they'd extract money from him.

My reply was , does Dad understand what he is doing?
Are the people mean to anyone?
And if Dad is clear minded , who's money is it?

And that I was visiting when an old couple stopped to visit. A carpenter who Dad thought well of and his wife.
Don't know how many times they stopped but Dad enjoyed talking to the guy.
His involvement was brief in my eyes. They built a new facility and it wasn't the same as service held in or attached a restaurant.
Dad being a foodie enjoyed dining after. And never minded a crowd he could sit mostly quietly to await dessert in. L.o.l..

Theology is an interesting study no doubt.
People are a / the church.
But for some , there are or is a place it makes more sense.
For me a cedar swamp/bottom with jackstrawed timbers both old dead dying and green and rejuvenating younger trees in the mix at that time of morning when sunrays are streaking as a new days promise is confirmed.
I've been in cathedrals. Some neat stuff. But natures cathedral is just as impressive when sensed just so.

For someone else it could be rolling on swells and the sound between tinkle and chimes when the hull is underway just right sometimes in a calm spot. Not always duplicable by will, but just as real. Hard to grasp ahold of and not preservable to take to shore and show someone. But why should it be? If it was it wouldn't be uniquely special in it's native place.
Been there for countless generations. But few have heard it. Or felt what is felt in the moments.
What you said here!! For me it,s a Cypress Brake at dawn on a cold clear day with absolutely no wind.Get there before light and listen to the world as it exists there wake up. Not a lot of difference in a Cedar Swamp and a Cypress Brake.Both are magic places,you understand.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread