THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The BuckIdgr’s came over tonight for some tuna. We went walking around the farm . I thought I found a broken point, but now I am not sure. I think it may have been a work in progress and broke so whoever tossed it. IDK 🤷‍♀️ I am trying to learn.
Oh, and @JVA5th , on my place, I can find an old rusty nail, no detector needed. 😂

View attachment 2026401

View attachment 2026402

We walked over to their place and hung out a few and then walked back to our side and fed the fish. I pulled up my pants leg and fanged if I didn’t have another tick! Bit me in the shin. This gave everyone the creepy crawlies and we headed to gather their belongings so they could leave. Mr WD found a baby snake that obviously couldn’t make it across the hot blacktop.

View attachment 2026403

Then on their way home, I got a text from BuckIdgr. She found a tick in her hair. Bad year, I am telling you what!
I'd say you found a part of a point or workings. Good eye.
Ticks are everywhere this year.
The linemen that were changing the broken power pole were picking ticks off themselves this morning.
Mosquitoes 🦟 are unreal, clouds in the shade, even in full sun they're buzzing looking for blood.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I’m struggling to keep my eyes open. Good night pirates.

1652406750855.gif

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hogwash! BuckIdgr and I passed friendship bread back and forth many times, and squash, zucchini, and others. We’ve been friends for 41 years.
But are you really? I have never known pepper to be wrong. Well maybe there was that one time. Huh. It seems there were a few more times too. Well, now that I think about it

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Tried sourdough bread?It,s a bit easier than the other kinds.Plenty of recipes out there.I can,t tell you how to do it.I learn by try it till I get it right and then don,t forget.Like how to make black bottom biscuits,I can do it but damned if I can describe it.I think that,s the same as soda biscuits for you Yankees. I learned by watching my Maternal Grand Mother.
Ha ha haha ha!
My first sourdough loaf came out about 2 1/2 inches tall.
Then I let the starter /mother unattended a couple three days on top of the fridge.
This is about how I felt. (about killing my precious starter , not my failed though edible loaf that was more of a bannock.)

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
You can always blot the eggs after you take them out of the pan.Gets rid of most of the grease but you still have the taste.Don,t know how you properly fry eggs in a half teaspoon of butter,but if it works for you,more power to ya!:notworthy:
I cooked for a livin awhile.
Blotted with a towel if/when needed.
Stack of eggs alongside the grill , Several dozen probably.
Ten pounds of bacon at a time.

Worked second shift more often.
70-90 pound steamship roast with a pound of salt on it I'd put in the oven Sat. night for Sunday champagne brunch. (Don't forget!)
I'd come in on second shift Sun around 17 years old and fill my coffee cup with left over champagne a couple plus times.
Not unlike when making ten pounds of bar cheese and needing a pitcher of beer to make it.
A cup of beer made it into the batch anyways..

Raw egg, Wheat germ. Ice cream . Blend well. About four steps from one end of the kitchen to the mixer.

Steak? Um hmm. And a host of fine food and excellent quality to boot before cooking. Made it better after.
Fine fringe benefits!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread