THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Now about that passing out praises thing…..

Looky what I found in the garden!!!!

EAA4A5C2-ECE2-4B9E-A233-05A095395F80.jpeg

And look how freakishly similar it is to the one I found in the field last night!

190EDE9D-B992-41FF-A4F4-3558F3D03A60.jpeg

730F7024-4D09-4E0F-81C0-CEB6A43DAE5C.jpeg

9F32DD68-8276-4C72-B41C-8664A0E766D1.jpeg
22E20741-67D7-4A2C-9217-03221902F8C4.jpeg

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now about that passing out praises thing…..

Looky what I found in the garden!!!!

View attachment 2026479

And look how freakishly similar it is to the one I found in the field last night!

View attachment 2026485

View attachment 2026486
View attachment 2026487 View attachment 2026488
What part of Ohio do you live, WD? I picked Seneca Indiand for they covered a pretty good area, including central. But I think there were like 6 different tribes living there in Ohio. The most fearsome was the Buckeye Tribe, but they were pretty much wiped out by the Crimson Tide Tribe from Alabama.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Pepper, I want to take a minute to acknowledge you before all the crew. Without a doubt you are the best and brightest person on this forum that goes by the name of pepperj. Well done. And I do not give praise lightly. No othe pepperj on here will get praise from me.
I see it coming, not sure what it is yet. Boiling up on the horizon.
Might have to get into the storm room.
What does this man want.
I always have heard there's nothing free except what we see.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
👍 👌 🤣😇
I am working on it. I was looking for the forum and got sidetracked. I think I got pretty darn lucky myself. :hello2:
I seen where a guy thought a person might get rich magnet fishing for gold in Florida waters. Maybe you should drag a magnet across the garden to get arrowheads.

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Today I had a medical scare that was 100% preventable, and it was my fault.

I was at the end of my 12 hour factory shift, and I was in "the zone". I drank water throughout my shift, so I didn't think anything of it. I thought I was okay. The last hour, I slacked off, and didn't drink anything. I found my groove, thought I had enough water already, and didn't think anything of it. 15 minutes until the end of my shift, I noticed that I had stopped sweating. I couldn't focus my eyes either. I couldn't read the labels that I was supposed to put on the pallets. I knew what was wrong, and ran over to the water cooler, but by then it was too late. Management was walking by, and they knew that I was the "new guy" so they asked how my shift went. I looked at them, but I couldn't focus on their faces. Tiffany, the head of HR, asked if I was okay. I shook my head "no", and said "I can't see anything right". They ran me to the hospital, where I got some IV's and a lecture from the doctor. I already knew the dangers, but I thought I was fine. I know that I am going to be the subject of next weeks safety meeting. I was released after a while, and I drove back to the factory (they took me in my own car, while another person followed to pick up my driver) to let everyone know I was okay. I felt bad for scaring everyone.

Don't be a dipstick like me. Drink water. Summer is coming, and everyone wants to go detecting, bottle digging, arrowhead hunting. DRINK! Drink loads of water!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

I was at the end of my 12 hour factory shift, and I was in "the zone". I drank water throughout my shift, so I didn't think anything of it. I thought I was okay. The last hour, I slacked off, and didn't drink anything. I found my groove, thought I had enough water already, and didn't think anything of it. 15 minutes until the end of my shift, I noticed that I had stopped sweating. I couldn't focus my eyes either. I couldn't read the labels that I was supposed to put on the pallets. I knew what was wrong, and ran over to the water cooler, but by then it was too late. Management was walking by, and they knew that I was the "new guy" so they asked how my shift went. I looked at them, but I couldn't focus on their faces. Tiffany, the head of HR, asked if I was okay. I shook my head "no", and said "I can't see anything right". They ran me to the hospital, where I got some IV's and a lecture from the doctor. I already knew the dangers, but I thought I was fine. I know that I am going to be the subject of next weeks safety meeting. I was released after a while, and I drove back to the factory (they took me in my own car, while another person followed to pick up my driver) to let everyone know I was okay. I felt bad for scaring everyone.

Don't be a dipstick like me. Drink water. Summer is coming, and everyone wants to go detecting, bottle digging, arrowhead hunting. DRINK! Drink loads of water!
I stopped yesterday when the head started pounding, and the stomach was turning.
86F is too fast.
Humid today, breeze, but hotter with the humidex.
Glad your ok Rusty.
I remember when I was in TX they had salt tablets at all the coolers.

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I will drink to that.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other

Dang! Rusty! That’s scary! I am glad you are okay.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread