THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Whats new around these here parts ? Just got back from two weeks playing in the dirt in the Calif Mts. Shipped home 50 pounds of heavy 1/4" classified material :)Last pix.... View attachment 2026957 View attachment 2026958 View attachment 2026959 View attachment 2026960 View attachment 2026961 . theres still snow in the Rockies

Second to last picture looks like one heck of a gold trap!
Finding the X though.... I'd be sadly lacking in experience..

50 lbs... You've got some gold in there. Vs my scenario of 50 pounds of waste. L.o.l..
I'm 100% confident based on your ability to sniff it out.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Eye spy a Maple Leaf flag!
Mornin P.J.!

Sure like your site.
Who'd have thought years ago you'd be looking from behind bars of your own choosing ?:laughing7:
The railings that we took off were Regal Alum. It had a few glass inserts so no bars.
The drawback is no breeze either so one felt like they were in a microwave behind the glass.:laughing7:
This one is wrought iron 80ft long.
So it's more like what they're term as a range.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Whats new around these here parts ? Just got back from two weeks playing in the dirt in the Calif Mts. Shipped home 50 pounds of heavy 1/4" classified material :)Last pix.... View attachment 2026957 View attachment 2026958 View attachment 2026959 View attachment 2026960 View attachment 2026961 . theres still snow in the Rockies
Gee I was :icon_scratch: looking at the 32025ft. thinking did he mean Mt Everest?
Next photo cleared that thought up quickly enough.:laughing7:

Hope the 50lbs turns into a nice payload for you.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gee I was :icon_scratch: looking at the 32025ft. thinking did he mean Mt Everest?
Next photo cleared that thought up quickly enough.:laughing7:

Hope the 50lbs turns into a nice payload for you.
Imagine the wind chill on the nose of that aircraft going 500 mph thru 51 below zero :icon_scratch:

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
About half the material came from dried up runoff culvert pipes and the other half came from streams
003.JPG
005.JPG
007.JPG
008.JPG

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Evan in CA

Dec 4, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello RTR and everyone else. That’s my backyard, did you metal detect when you were there and did you get the 50lbs material for the east fort canyon because there no natural gold in the north canyon?
Yeah East Fork.But I didn't bring the detector .Thats some 'wild country ' you have there :)

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Setting sun filtered through the trees for a backdrop , male Cardinal took advantage of the quiet stage to give his best in song.
When he stopped and hopped about on a limb to watch my reaction (?) a male Robin sounded off with his territorial song across the road.
As a hummingbird zigged past me.
Maybe I'll put the snow shovel I retrieved out of the front yard today in the shed with such signs.
Don't want to jinx the weather yet though. Still have the plow on the truck for insurance. L.o.l..

Temps in the 50's forecast for tomorrow. Been warm and dry.
Birds will carry on regardless.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Setting sun filtered through the trees for a backdrop , male Cardinal took advantage of the quiet stage to give his best in song.
When he stopped and hopped about on a limb to watch my reaction (?) a male Robin sounded off with his territorial song across the road.
As a hummingbird zigged past me.
Maybe I'll put the snow shovel I retrieved out of the front yard today in the shed with such signs.
Don't want to jinx the weather yet though. Still have the plow on the truck for insurance. L.o.l..

Temps in the 50's forecast for tomorrow. Been warm and dry.
Birds will carry on regardless.
A Mocking bird serenaded me for about 15 minutes this morning.A true smorgasbord of bird songs.I gave him a peanut butter cracker for his troubles.He also ran off a pair of blue jays and some Grackles trespassing.Absolutely fearless those Mockers.Love em!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
W
A Mocking bird serenaded me for about 15 minutes this morning.A true smorgasbord of bird songs.I gave him a peanut butter cracker for his troubles.He also ran off a pair of blue jays and some Grackles trespassing.Absolutely fearless those Mockers.Love em!
We had three or four owls calling out all at once the other night.
Must be doing their best to get a mate.
Maybe with climate change we'll get a Mockingbird calling out.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
W

We had three or four owls calling out all at once the other night.
Must be doing their best to get a mate.
Maybe with climate change we'll get a Mockingbird calling out.
Mockingbirds seem to enjoy human friends.Especially if you,re just sitting having a cup of coffee. They,ll put on a show for you!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread