THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Mornin all.

Male cardinal didn't go far. but is high in an oak this morning in the sunlight vs shade.

Gray squirrel has been a no show a while. Baby squirrel time so it'll be a while yet and it'll get spotted again. If it's a female as I 'm guessing doing important female squirrel business. Haven't noted any pair of hawks established near this year.

Dogs sounded off to get me out of bed this morning. As they will if I'm not up when they are ready to be.
Earlier and earlier as daylight comes sooner than winter. Shortening my nightly nap.
I'm making them wait for thier breakfast.
Someone should keep some kind of schedule right?
Maybe I'm the one lagging behind instead of thier seeming early when the birds say it's officially morning ...

One gets a heart med though before they eat so the clock says when to keep it even in hours in between doses.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
It's a coating that gets on the glass from the manufacturing process, not something they deliberately apply. Your mask will fog up if you do not remove it. The coating is invisible, but when you flame the surface of the glass you can see it burn off.

Dive shops generally frown on the flaming method, probably because they sell mask cleaners that are supposed to do the job. They will also tell you to scrub the surface of the glass with a toothbrush and Crest toothpaste, which has a mild abrasive. Neither of these work as well as a lighter.
Thanks, Boatlode. I did look up some videos. I am not sure if I can be trusted to do that or not. I guess if I clean them and still have problems, I can try then. I got the reading lens added to mine, extra $90.00. No one told me that was an option last year. All they kept saying was a prescription lens could be made, but I would need a prescription. So IDK if this is new option or what. I will say I can read flipping awesome with them on! Tempted to wear them daily LOL!

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Trying to get my garden in and remove the rocks from the farm field all at the same time here and it is kicking my rear end! Plus my eldest grandson is graduating, so there's his party. And my dad and the ramp. Whew! It's ridiculous how hectic life can get! Well, It ain't getting done posting on the computer. :laughing9: Have a great day everyone.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found in a dried up creek-bed in Calif.Thinking its low grade Turquoise:dontknow::icon_scratch:
011.JPG
012.JPG
013.JPG

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Trying to get my garden in and remove the rocks from the farm field all at the same time here and it is kicking my rear end! Plus my eldest grandson is graduating, so there's his party. And my dad and the ramp. Whew! It's ridiculous how hectic life can get! Well, It ain't getting done posting on the computer. :laughing9: Have a great day everyone.

There's a trick to those rocks in the field once you get to a certain age. Leave em!

There are rakes tractors can gather them up with.
I just toss the bigger ones to the side. Usually after trying to squish them level with the ground by running them over with the tractor first.

Did try to brush hog a ten pounder before.
Tossed that one to the side after too.

Don't let hectic prevent you from staying safe!

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Thanks, Boatlode. I did look up some videos. I am not sure if I can be trusted to do that or not. I guess if I clean them and still have problems, I can try then. I got the reading lens added to mine, extra $90.00. No one told me that was an option last year. All they kept saying was a prescription lens could be made, but I would need a prescription. So IDK if this is new option or what. I will say I can read flipping awesome with them on! Tempted to wear them daily LOL!
I don't know about masks with built in lenses. I wouldn't try it without checking with the manufacturer first.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread