THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Mornin all.

Loons are back to the lake.
First time hearing them this year around 12:5 A.M..

At least a couple years one would fly over /past most mornings. A big oblong route.
No idea if it was a territorial thing or just checking other lakes , or instinctive exercise to stay healthy. Or just Loony!

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Good morning, RC! You are correct about the age thing and hard labor. But, the farmer we share crop with is a close friend. I posted last year the work we had to get done to improve our drainage situation. Over the winter, this created a plethera of ruts elsewhere. So, he smoothed them out and all these beautiful rocks just appearded. Now, I have one more side of the house to finish with a rock garden, so, I wanted to harvest the rocks. Plus, that is opportunity to find artifacts and fossils. It should be back to picking here and there next year. That's fun. I did not get my garden finished and it doesn't look promising today. It is a rain day. I also have a DR. appointment. We shall see what tomorrow brings. I only have popcorn left to plant. I have a bunch of cardboard to lay down between the rows and we gathered two small trailer loads of grass clippings last night. Then, it should be just sitting back and watch it grow.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Good morning, RC! You are correct about the age thing and hard labor. But, the farmer we share crop with is a close friend. I posted last year the work we had to get done to improve our drainage situation. Over the winter, this created a plethera of ruts elsewhere. So, he smoothed them out and all these beautiful rocks just appearded. Now, I have one more side of the house to finish with a rock garden, so, I wanted to harvest the rocks. Plus, that is opportunity to find artifacts and fossils. It should be back to picking here and there next year. That's fun. I did not get my garden finished and it doesn't look promising today. It is a rain day. I also have a DR. appointment. We shall see what tomorrow brings. I only have popcorn left to plant. I have a bunch of cardboard to lay down between the rows and we gathered two small trailer loads of grass clippings last night. Then, it should be just sitting back and watch it grow.
Rock pickin.
The old man could rent you out to pick if you're that enthused...
I'd be holding my arm out forearm down and hit it with the other hand and let it flop about and declare it won't pick up rocks. l.o.l...

I got your point though. You are doing fine the

But hey ,if you're planting popcorn , you might as well plant some spaghetti too.
:laughing7:

Rock pickin music.

old texan

Sep 8, 2021
smack dab in the heart of texas
Detector(s) used
white's classic II white's dfx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rock pickin.
The old man could rent you out to pick if you're that enthused...
I'd be holding my arm out forearm down and hit it with the other hand and let it flop about and declare it won't pick up rocks. l.o.l...

I got your point though. You are doing fine the

But hey ,if you're planting popcorn , you might as well plant some spaghetti too.
:laughing7:

Rock pickin music.

dental floss tycoon

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Morning RC and OT
Hope your day is starting off well.
Loons have been back for a almost a month now.
Nothing like a still night and the call echos off the bluffs, pure magic.
Must admit they need a runway to take off though.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Morning RC and OT
Hope your day is starting off well.
Loons have been back for a almost a month now.
Nothing like a still night and the call echos off the bluffs, pure magic.
Must admit they need a runway to take off though.
Mornin P.J.. Majic indeed.
A month already? Wow. And nice.
They were rare mid and lower Mi. in my youth. Non-existent far as I knew.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's one thing that there's no shortage of is grass.
I'm lucky the rock picking issue is not thing in the field.
Bits of broken brick from the brick yard.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other

Fifteen plus years ago a friend wanted a pile of large rocks off the family farm.
First trip the front end of my truck got light and funny.
Not as funny as when I did a wheelie turning a corner hauling a heavy tractor...But the next loads were lighter ones...

Two flower beds in the front yard resulted. I don't want to pick up most of thier sizes today. Or try to.

Lady friend in the past couple days hinted the "stones" the length of the house out front (more flowers) could be taken out....
Many of those are from my hunting property.

I made a poem for certain areas of ground. Not unlike your ground.
"You scuff your toe ; and rocks will grow!"

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Now here I am drinking the :coffee2:catching up one what's new.
Chilli is back in the general discussion BTW-drop over and say :hello:
I'm writing-I feel something crawling up in inside of my leg.
Frigging large dog tick heading for the boys-now that makes a grown man :wav:
Kind of glad we live on the quiet road as the curtains was open and the track pants were gone.
Now, I haven't been outside this AM-where did that bugger come from?

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other

On a rainy, windy morning
That's the day that I was born on
In the old sharecroppers one country shack
They say my mammy left me
Same day that she had me
Said she hit the road and never once looked back
And I just thought I'd mention
My Grandma's old age pension
Is the reason why I'm standing here today
I got all my country learning
Milking and a churning
Pickin' cotton, rasin' hell, and bailin' hay
I've been to Georgia on a fast train honey
I wouldn't born no yesterday
Got a good Christian raisin' and an eighth grade education
Ain't no need in y'all a treatin' me this way
And now sweet Caroline, I don't guess I'll ever find
Another woman put together like you all
With your wiggle and your walkin', and your big city talkin'
Your brand new shiny Plymouth rag-top car
Yeah it's hurry up and wait
In this world of give and take
Seems like haste makes for waste every time
And I pray to my soul
When you hear those ages roll
You better know I'm gonna get my share of mine
And I've been to Georgia on a fast train honey
I wouldn't born no yesterday
Got a good Christian raisin' and an eighth grade education
Ain't no need in y'all a treatin' me this way

Songwriters: Billy J. Shaver. For non-commercial use only.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread